Do you eat a special meal on St. Patricks Day?

Angel1989

Premium Member
Reaction score
100% Irish here, usually have corn beef and cabbage. No one is cooking this year though. Not even wearing green right now. Sad!!!

I miss having corned beef and cabbage for dinner...

100% Irish here, usually have corn beef and cabbage. No one is cooking this year though. Not even wearing green right now. Sad!!!

Nope not me I have never cook the corn beef and cabbage but I like to eat them when I visit Irish friends.

I miss having corned beef and cabbage for dinner...

I'll make it for you Calvin as long as you come visit me. Corn beef & cabbage with baby red potatoes is good any day. Yum Yum Yum

I'm 99-1/4% Irish and do NOT like corned beef and cabbage. I was always happy when my parents had a "party" to go to for St Patricks day so we wouldn't have it. :D

My sister had us over yesterday for a late lunch of corned beef, cabbage, potatoes & soda bread, but I hate lunch before I went. Because I knew I wouldn't eat there and because it was later than my normal lunch time.

I'll add another question to my thread.....might be interesting?

If you are Irish, what part of Ireland are you from? Me, my mom County Cork, dad Waterford. I have a huge extended family living in Ireland and have only met a few. Hoping to travel to Dublin to see my daughter and maybe meet some family then.

Great grandfather on my mother's side came over from Westmeath in the 1870's.

I'll add another question to my thread.....might be interesting?

If you are Irish, what part of Ireland are you from? Me, my mom County Cork, dad Waterford. I have a huge extended family living in Ireland and have only met a few. Hoping to travel to Dublin to see my daughter and maybe meet some family then.

Happy St Patrick's Day to you, Angel. My grandmother on my father's side is Irish. I don't know any of the family history as to where they were from, it was a few generations back, her name was Collins.

I love corned beef and cabbage, and we had it one day last week, couldn't wait.

image.jpg

I don't know how to post more than one pic at a time. Daughter took these in Dublin, Ireland.

image.jpg

Thought this one was pretty cool....last one, I promise.

Cool pictures :D but no, I didn't.

Hub's work had a party and they had corn beef sandwiches and people brought in green foods and desserts with Baily's in it. He brought some of the corned beef home.

I love cabbage any time.

I had corned beef, cabbage, and potatoes on Sunday. Tonight we were home too late to start making dinner since it typically takes a few hours.

I have a lot of Irish in my blood...

Tonights dinner consists of sushi...

And I am not wearing any green...

I honestly instead of pinching me this year, a slap may be more appropriate.

Does anyone wanna do the honors?

Back