Do you drink milk?

MoonDrifter

Reaction score
I typically drink 2-3 glasses of milk everyday because I love it.

By accident, came across an article about how milk may be linked to cancer and it got me a bit concerned because of my consumption levels.

Milk Causes Cancer Too

DOES MILK CAUSE PROSTATE CANCER?

Does Milk Cause Cancer? Evaluating the Betacellulin Hypothesis

After reading several articles about it, I've been thinking about cutting down my consumption of milk.

do you drink a lot of milk or not?

I stopped drinking milk, because I felt it was causing acne. So, I choose to drink soy milk instead. Anyway, I don't know if milk can cause cancer. But, my doctor urges me to drink milk, as well as to take vitamin D tablets.

A lot of stuff regarding what causes cancer is confusing. For example, I lost count how many times I have read that coffee can cause cancer or reduce the risk of cancer.

I don't know how old you are or what kind of lifestyle you have. But, if you are young, and have a busy/active lifestyle then you should keep drinking milk. I think most tihngs in moderation is good anyway.

Last edited:
i know there are some side effect in milk. :( well i continue to drink 1 percent of milk just two cups of milk per day. i cant image if i quit drinking milk then i will go nuts. lol. everything with food and drink have cancer. so no cancer free any where.

Lactose is important for your bones... so yes I drink 2 cups a day (one in the morning with my cereals and one in evening) :D

ICK! YUCK! I only drink it from cereal....that's it. Sometimes I will add some chocolate to add some flavor. :)

Yes, although less than I should. My husband drinks it too, and he is okay so far Moondrifter.

Yes, although less than I should. My husband drinks it too, and he is okay so far Moondrifter.
Same with my Hubby. He drinks milk and has no prostate problems. (He's age 57 years.)

I usually end up having a glass of water throughout the day if I'm thirsty, but at dinner I usually will have a glass of 1% milk.

I love milk. I drink it all the time and put milk in my coffee and tea too.

I drink loads of it a day usually, not as much as Partygirl though!! Eeek.

It's not the lactose in milk (which is just sugar, basically, a diasaccharide) but the calcium that is supposedly good for your bones, although it is disputed how much you actually get from milk - you'd get more calcium from broccoli, but then again you can't drink broccoli, or have it with cereal.

Don't like drinking milk *shudders*
Flavoured milk is okay once in a while.

Just eat and drink everything in moderation anyway.

Back