Do you Believe?

okay so i had an experience a couple days ago, early in the morning at about 4am. i looked up to see my deceased aunt at the end of the bed, which is not all that uncommon and has happened many times. the odd part was she was brushing the part of my foot that is tattooed with her name. (i did not have any socks or blankets on because it was hot in my room) it felt like an ice cube being used to draw on my foot. i made the mistake of blinking and when i opened my eyes she was gone.

maybe they are not really a ghost but a guardian angel?

Yes, and perhaps!...That was what was told to me...as if I was being warned....or that it was my deceased Mother who was watching over me ?? :hmm:

so i'm really into the paranormal. i watch shows like ghost adventures and TAPS and i used to watch most haunted religiously. i have had some of my own paranormal experiences throughout my life: i saw the faceless nun at St. Mary of the Woods College, many times i have seen my grandfather (whom i never met)and my aunt (with whom i was really close) sitting or standing at the end of the bed, i have been touched and scratched by unseen forces, and in my friends house that was built in the late 1800s i was pushed down the attic stairs (the stairs were sturdy, no one was behind me, and i have good balance i never went to the attic again).

so does anybody believe in paranormal or ghosts? has anybody had experiences they would like to share?

Please be respectful.:cool2:
I have seen them but ghosts? no. I do believe in paranormal but not ghosts.

Yes, and perhaps!...That was what was told to me...as if I was being warned....or that it was my deceased Mother who was watching over me ?? :hmm:
yeah possible. I have seen them and knew danger is ahead of me then I felt protect from it. As for your mother, she should be in heaven and waiting for you. I only see my parents not here on earth but thru God's. I have a story to share, when I was in late 20's and had two little boys at that time. My husband was working night shifts and not get home till 2 or 3 am in the morning. For 3 months I felt the present of someone in the room and I looked room and see nothing. Till that night, again I sensed someone was in the room and I looked up again. Still no one was there. I went back to sleep and tried to sleep. I all of sudden felt someone touch me and I looked up. I saw her standing over me. She was wearing nurse clothes. I got freaked out by it and put the blanket cover my head. I was spooked by it. Then I uncover the blanket, she was gone. Next day I told my next door about it, she told me it means bad. Not good news, someone close to me will not live. I thought it was my mother and I was upset. Few days later my mother called me and told me that my god mother was very ill and is dying. I was heart broke but I understood why the angel was there to dress alike nurse. I knew then I am never alone. :)

so i'm really into the paranormal. i watch shows like ghost adventures and TAPS and i used to watch most haunted religiously. i have had some of my own paranormal experiences throughout my life: i saw the faceless nun at St. Mary of the Woods College, many times i have seen my grandfather (whom i never met)and my aunt (with whom i was really close) sitting or standing at the end of the bed, i have been touched and scratched by unseen forces, and in my friends house that was built in the late 1800s i was pushed down the attic stairs (the stairs were sturdy, no one was behind me, and i have good balance i never went to the attic again).

so does anybody believe in paranormal or ghosts? has anybody had experiences they would like to share?

Please be respectful.:cool2:

Hi Zethrine, I am a paranormal investigator as part of Upstate NY Truth Hunters, a research and investigation center on paranormal, ufology, cryptozoology, conspiracy theories, corrupt government, and many more.

I believe there are something out there however, it can be evil. Others we do not know yet.

I have had my share of paranormal since I am an investigator and debunker. You should look up in facebook about us and see what we are all about and what we saw.

Seen and captured evidences of the paranormal.

Of course UFOs/ETs are separate but lately in the paranormal community along with UFO and Big Foot communities are seeing connections between those three worlds. You see, there are increased UFO sightings/activities when witnesses saw them and seen Big Foot out there. They also have said that sometimes aliens/ETs are cloaked or being invisible like a ghost would and would perform similar to paranormal ghosts would do.

There are many forms of paranormal activities. For example, there are black mists, black mass, black shadows, white shadows, apparitations, orbs, lights, movements (for example, a ghost would move light stuff around that you say there are no winds blowing it), etc.

Lately I have had clients wanting me to do delieverances of their homes and their own bodies because they felt they are demonic ghosts out there. They are and can be demons and Satan out there.

You have to becareful with the paranormal spectrum because if you do, they will come home with you or bother you. Seen that happen so you need to be careful. Thank you.

A few of you said, "lady in white [dress]" are very common. I have seen one in Lake George, NY last July at a former theater turned to garage turned into conference room at the Fort Henry Resort next door to the fort. It means they were people passed away and usually they were buried in white. That was common in the past. Today, people are buried with their favorite clothes on or creamated.

OR some can be demonic. Remember Jesus said in Bible that Satan is the angel of light! Can fool ya!

A few of you said, "lady in white [dress]" are very common. I have seen one in Lake George, NY last July at a former theater turned to garage turned into conference room at the Fort Henry Resort next door to the fort. It means they were people passed away and usually they were buried in white. That was common in the past. Today, people are buried with their favorite clothes on or creamated.

OR some can be demonic. Remember Jesus said in Bible that Satan is the angel of light! Can fool ya!

what about syracuse area or statues depicting train passengers ? :eek3:

I enjoy hunting haunted houses and I am hoping to go to Cripple Creek in Co to check out the haunted buildings out there. I got a book about it from a dear friend years ago about this ghost town place. so neat. Also Cripple Creek, Co supposed to be number one haunted city in America

I enjoy hunting haunted houses and I am hoping to go to Cripple Creek in Co to check out the haunted buildings out there. I got a book about it from a dear friend years ago about this ghost town place. so neat. Also Cripple Creek, Co supposed to be number one haunted city in America

Good luck, Jazzy!....:cold::Ohno:...let us know if you need to "Ghost Busters" :giggle:

I believe there are ghosts. I'm way interested in the supernatural/paranormal, and have several "true story" ghost books and such. I love watching ghostly movies/shows too.

We can't debate God and the Bible here. Send me a pm if you're sincere.

Im not but you are trying to turn it into that again. I am merely stating fact that the OP asked if we believed in supernatural. I am pointing out that such a belief is equally viable as a belief in god because of the same burden of proof can be applied with the same results. Individual events can often be proven or disproven but the ultimate existence of supernatural which God fits into that category cannot be proven. I enjoy reading supernatural fiction and it would be cool if it does exist. I have had many deja vu episodes in my lifetime so I guess I could attribute that to supernatural forces. Lots of events are blamed on coincidence but supernatural could be and explanation too..
take for example all the weird stuff that happened to the actors from the movie poltergeist from Wiki
"he "Poltergeist curse" is a rumor of a supposed curse attached to the Poltergeist trilogy and its crew, derived from the fact that four cast members died in the six years between the releases of the first and third films.[1][9] The rumor is often fueled by the fact that real cadavers were used as props in various scenes of Poltergeist and Poltergeist II.[10] The rumor and the surrounding deaths were explored in a 2002 episode of E! True Hollywood Story entitled "Curse of Poltergeist."

Dominique Dunne, who played the eldest daughter Dana in the first movie, died on November 4, 1982 at age 22 after being strangled by her abusive former boyfriend John Thomas Sweeney.[11] He was convicted of voluntary manslaughter and sentenced to six years in prison, but was paroled after serving three and a half years.[9]
Julian Beck, 60-year-old actor who played Henry Kane in Poltergeist II: The Other Side, died on September 14, 1985 of stomach cancer diagnosed before he had accepted the role.[12]
Will Sampson, 53 years old, who played Taylor the medicine man in Poltergeist II, died as a result of post-operative kidney failure and pre-operative malnutrition problems on June 3, 1987.[13]
Heather O'Rourke, who played Carol Anne in all three Poltergeist movies, died on February 1, 1988 at the age of 12 after what doctors initially described as an acute form of influenza but later changed to septic shock after bacterial toxins invaded her bloodstream.[14][15] At the time, she had suffered acute bowel obstruction, initially diagnosed as Crohn's disease, which may have been the cause of death."

So believing in it is no more or less crazy than not believing in it.

Tonight on the SYFY channel was Ghost Hunters "Haunted Hero's". The location was on the former USS Yorktown (CV 10) currently a museum near here in Mt. Pleasant, SC. :cool2:

It reminded me of when I was stationed on a destroyer at the Military Ocean Terminal in Bayonne, NJ (New York Harbor). Around 1973, there were four decommissioned aircraft carriers awaiting scrapping across the other side of the base. The Yorktown (CV 10), Essex (CV 9), Randolph (CV 15) and Shangri-La (CV 38).

They were all empty and without power. My boss asked the powers-in-charge if we could look through each of them to look for spare parts for our ship's office. It was approved and the two of us went in with only clipboards, pens and flashlights with extra batteries. In the middle of the day it was completely dark on the inside. It was like searching a large cave. You could hear only your footsteps and your heartbeat. If you held still, you could hear strange noises in various levels. Some hatches were open and your light would shine straight down about 80 feet into some kind of liquid or hear tapping sounds.

By the time we were finished.....we were finished! We looked at each other laughing and commented that was the last time we would ever do that again.

If something ever sneaked up behind us, I would not be writing this post today. :eek2:

Think about native americans. They were big on supernatural. Lots of the more primative cultures were and are more spiritual. Maybe it is because they let themselves be more open to it mentally? And the more modern man closes off that part of the human mind ?

Tonight on the SYFY channel was Ghost Hunters "Haunted Hero's". The location was on the former USS Yorktown (CV 10) currently a museum near here in Mt. Pleasant, SC. :cool2:

It reminded me of when I was stationed on a destroyer at the Military Ocean Terminal in Bayonne, NJ (New York Harbor). Around 1973, there were four decommissioned aircraft carriers awaiting scrapping across the other side of the base. The Yorktown (CV 10), Essex (CV 9), Randolph (CV 15) and Shangri-La (CV 38).

They were all empty and without power. My boss asked the powers-in-charge if we could look through each of them to look for spare parts for our ship's office. It was approved and the two of us went in with only clipboards, pens and flashlights with extra batteries. In the middle of the day it was completely dark on the inside. It was like searching a large cave. You could hear only your footsteps and your heartbeat. If you held still, you could hear strange noises in various levels. Some hatches were open and your light would shine straight down about 80 feet into some kind of liquid or hear tapping sounds.

By the time we were finished.....we were finished! We looked at each other laughing and commented that was the last time we would ever do that again.

If something ever sneaked up behind us, I would not be writing this post today. :eek2:

:shock: that was a wicked episode!:jaw:

Hi Zethrine, I am a paranormal investigator as part of Upstate NY Truth Hunters, a research and investigation center on paranormal, ufology, cryptozoology, conspiracy theories, corrupt government, and many more.

I believe there are something out there however, it can be evil. Others we do not know yet.

I have had my share of paranormal since I am an investigator and debunker. You should look up in facebook about us and see what we are all about and what we saw.

Seen and captured evidences of the paranormal.

Of course UFOs/ETs are separate but lately in the paranormal community along with UFO and Big Foot communities are seeing connections between those three worlds. You see, there are increased UFO sightings/activities when witnesses saw them and seen Big Foot out there. They also have said that sometimes aliens/ETs are cloaked or being invisible like a ghost would and would perform similar to paranormal ghosts would do.

There are many forms of paranormal activities. For example, there are black mists, black mass, black shadows, white shadows, apparitations, orbs, lights, movements (for example, a ghost would move light stuff around that you say there are no winds blowing it), etc.

Lately I have had clients wanting me to do delieverances of their homes and their own bodies because they felt they are demonic ghosts out there. They are and can be demons and Satan out there.

You have to becareful with the paranormal spectrum because if you do, they will come home with you or bother you. Seen that happen so you need to be careful. Thank you.

I encountered a very evil shadow person several years ago that attacked me, astrally. I've seen this thing twice after the intial experience. It did not have a face and when it turned side ways it looked invisible. The face shape was square and the best way I can describe how it physically looked was like the old show gumby-it was black, pitch black. Here's a link to gumby as a reference :Google Image Result for http://www.meridian.net.au/Gumby/Gumby/Images/twists.gif.

I do not know what this thing was but it did not feel human. I know a human spirit from a non-human spirit. I am not a newbie to the paranormal but this thing was the first spirit I've ever met that I literally felt true danger from. It wanted to kill me or harm me the first time around. The second experience I was dreaming of my grandfather who was at that point in time dying in a hospice-this had no prior knowledge to as from what I was aware that evening he was still in the hospital but apparently later on they decided to move him to a hospice, this I was not told until the next morning when I found out he had died. In the dream I was at a hospice, looking into a window. I wasn't in my bed. I was standing on my bed room dresser looking into the mirror as if it were the window-and in the dream the same shadow jumped out at me and tried to grab me. I fell off my bed room dresser but my husband caught me before I could seriously injure myself. That was a very scary experience but one of the most clear psychic experiences I've ever had. I wasn't too surprised to hear he had died the next morning as I told my husband I think my grandfather is dying when I woke up after falling from the dresser.

The most recent experience was several weeks ago. This again was dream form. In this dream I had a cord that was attached to my stomach-a rope more or less. I got out of bed, went outside to my neighbors house but felt like in the dream it was a trap to get me off of my property because in the dream the shadow could not hurt me if I was not on my property anymore. My husband came outside and yelled for me to get back in the house, something was there and at that moment I felt like it was waiting for me again. Before I could even move in the dream-the rope I had around me my husband grabbed from across the yard and pulled me-I wasn't dragged-I floated at the speed of light towards him and into the house were he slammed the backdoor before this "thing" could get me. I then woke up-snapped back into my physical body at that point.

I do not willingly astral project but when I do crap like this happens.
Can you tell me as a paranormal investigator what this shadow person is? I know it's been a mystery around the paranormal hubs and it's rare for one to attack, physically attack. It was almost as if I had surprised it the first time I saw it. I wasn't supposed to see it but did.

As a result I carry black tourmaline with me among other things-I salted my bed room, have requested that the mirror in my room be removed since mirrors are portals or so I've read. I did sage my home but there haven't been any events in the home-no lights flickering. This is more or less a targeted event geared towards me. The other thing I've noticed is when I have seen this thing either someone in my family has died or bad luck ensues and that even goes for me and my husband. The first sighting, not three days after he was taken to the ER-almost died. Doctors did not know what it was that happened to him. My husband is an atheist but admitted to me that he wonders if it was that thing I saw because he did try to protect me from it that night-the only thing he did was get on top of me and wake me up and he also said that after that sighting and event we had bad luck and we did.

This doesn't sound to me like a typical "shadow person" according to research. Any ideas?

Thanks!

p.s-the first encounter was in 2008, second 2009 and the most recent 2012 several weeks ago. It is not often I see this thing but when I do it is not good. I need to get rid of it whatever it is.

p.s-my grandmother was taken to the hospital not too long after I saw this thing again and my father I just found out today fell in his pool-thankfully there was water in it-before there wasn't. He was pressure washing the pool at that point in time. In the most recent dream I did hear a pressure washer because I went over there to turn it off because it "woke" me up, after I turned it off that is when my husband told me to get back to the house in the dream, it was there supposedly. If there had not been any water in the pool when my father fell in he would have been hurt very badly as he fell into the deep end of the pool-which is 9ft deep I think-concrete.

I used to LOVE those shows until I had a death in my family. Now I'm afraid of ghosts because it makes me think my loved one may be stuck between heaven and earth.

Question: why do the ghost hunters always search at night? Do ghosts only come out when it's dark? I have to sleep with a light on every night because of this fear.

I encountered a very evil shadow person several years ago that attacked me, astrally. I've seen this thing twice after the intial experience. It did not have a face and when it turned side ways it looked invisible. The face shape was square and the best way I can describe how it physically looked was like the old show gumby-it was black, pitch black. Here's a link to gumby as a reference :Google Image Result for http://www.meridian.net.au/Gumby/Gumby/Images/twists.gif.

I do not know what this thing was but it did not feel human. I know a human spirit from a non-human spirit. I am not a newbie to the paranormal but this thing was the first spirit I've ever met that I literally felt true danger from. It wanted to kill me or harm me the first time around. The second experience I was dreaming of my grandfather who was at that point in time dying in a hospice-this had no prior knowledge to as from what I was aware that evening he was still in the hospital but apparently later on they decided to move him to a hospice, this I was not told until the next morning when I found out he had died. In the dream I was at a hospice, looking into a window. I wasn't in my bed. I was standing on my bed room dresser looking into the mirror as if it were the window-and in the dream the same shadow jumped out at me and tried to grab me. I fell off my bed room dresser but my husband caught me before I could seriously injure myself. That was a very scary experience but one of the most clear psychic experiences I've ever had. I wasn't too surprised to hear he had died the next morning as I told my husband I think my grandfather is dying when I woke up after falling from the dresser.

The most recent experience was several weeks ago. This again was dream form. In this dream I had a cord that was attached to my stomach-a rope more or less. I got out of bed, went outside to my neighbors house but felt like in the dream it was a trap to get me off of my property because in the dream the shadow could not hurt me if I was not on my property anymore. My husband came outside and yelled for me to get back in the house, something was there and at that moment I felt like it was waiting for me again. Before I could even move in the dream-the rope I had around me my husband grabbed from across the yard and pulled me-I wasn't dragged-I floated at the speed of light towards him and into the house were he slammed the backdoor before this "thing" could get me. I then woke up-snapped back into my physical body at that point.

I do not willingly astral project but when I do crap like this happens.
Can you tell me as a paranormal investigator what this shadow person is? I know it's been a mystery around the paranormal hubs and it's rare for one to attack, physically attack. It was almost as if I had surprised it the first time I saw it. I wasn't supposed to see it but did.

As a result I carry black tourmaline with me among other things-I salted my bed room, have requested that the mirror in my room be removed since mirrors are portals or so I've read. I did sage my home but there haven't been any events in the home-no lights flickering. This is more or less a targeted event geared towards me. The other thing I've noticed is when I have seen this thing either someone in my family has died or bad luck ensues and that even goes for me and my husband. The first sighting, not three days after he was taken to the ER-almost died. Doctors did not know what it was that happened to him. My husband is an atheist but admitted to me that he wonders if it was that thing I saw because he did try to protect me from it that night-the only thing he did was get on top of me and wake me up and he also said that after that sighting and event we had bad luck and we did.

This doesn't sound to me like a typical "shadow person" according to research. Any ideas?

Thanks!

p.s-the first encounter was in 2008, second 2009 and the most recent 2012 several weeks ago. It is not often I see this thing but when I do it is not good. I need to get rid of it whatever it is.

p.s-my grandmother was taken to the hospital not too long after I saw this thing again and my father I just found out today fell in his pool-thankfully there was water in it-before there wasn't. He was pressure washing the pool at that point in time. In the most recent dream I did hear a pressure washer because I went over there to turn it off because it "woke" me up, after I turned it off that is when my husband told me to get back to the house in the dream, it was there supposedly. If there had not been any water in the pool when my father fell in he would have been hurt very badly as he fell into the deep end of the pool-which is 9ft deep I think-concrete.

When you astral project, you leave your body open to roaming spirits.

I used to LOVE those shows until I had a death in my family. Now I'm afraid of ghosts because it makes me think my loved one may be stuck between heaven and earth.

Question: why do the ghost hunters always search at night? Do ghosts only come out when it's dark? I have to sleep with a light on every night because of this fear.

sorry about your family member. :( but you shouldn't be afraid for them. you shouldn't be afraid of ghost either, sure there are some that are horrible and rotten but there are others that just want interaction.

no ghosts do not only come out at night. u saw my first apparition in the afternoon. i my guess is investigations take place at night because it is easier to capture evidence w/o the glare of the sun.

Our first house, ( My Grandparents ) was a huge house, built mid 1800's this is a single family home but very large. My parents and I lived the second floor, my aunt and her family on the first floor and My grandparents had the finished basement. Only experience there I ever encountered was knocking on the walls, they would knock back exactly like you knocked. I always thought someone was playing a trick on me and I was 5 at the time. Years later after my grandparents died, My family bought another house and moved and my aunts family moved, the house was empty and being sold. I was in my teen years now so I went over to see my childhood home a last time before being sold to strangers. I went upstairs in the kitchen and thought, I wonder if all this time someone played a trick on me, there was no one in the house so I knocked a little rap on the wall and sure enough it rapped back at me, the hair stood on end I I boogied on out of there...lol
Now my parents new house ( built in the late 1800's) ever since we moved in, I seen shadow figures every night, they would take turns peeking around my dor frame into the room from the hallway, I would lay there and just watch them, sometimes walk from one side to the other. They never bothered me, just watch and walk. I told my dad about it and he said they were just watching over me... I have been back and stayed the nights a few times after moving out but haven't seen them since. I was never spooked by them and never afraid of them.
Now my new house I have now, I have pics of the orbs, light rods, and felt extreme cold spots in the house on 100 degree days. Heard footsteps, seen things move as well as doors slam and theres no doors yet.

Back