Do you believe dreams can be interpreted?

:lol: well thanks Fuzzy. Now I am really terrified! You could say the vole represents the flu and may fear of dying, but you could also just use the logical explanation of a dream from fever. I think that type of dream interpretation has about as much credibility as Freud these days.

Your welcome :)
Botts, only you know for sure what's going on in your life, and you can match the meaning of the symbols in the dream with what's going on.

Sure, The Big Bad Vole could be your hidden fear of dying, the fever being a trigger to unlock your fears from unconscious.
Dreams can be interpreted any way.
What makes my interpretation bit more sensible, is you dreamed about your husband, about places, Botts.
it would point to relationship, and going into unknown rather, than the flu, diseases, dying...

Fuzzy

I have two reoccurring dreams. One is finding money. Usually hundred dollar bills. The other one has me playing poker, Texas Hold-em specifically. The flop comes and I hit 4 of a kind. Lots of betting and raising which I of course love to see. I can't lose right? When it's time to roll the cards over my two cards are different and I have doo-doo. Anyone want to interpret these? :D

The fact that you are playing poker may mean for example you feel your life is very unstable, for some reason you are very afraid of threats to your well being.
it may mean you feel your relationship is threatened, or your family, or your job,
anything - something very important to you is threatened.

OR, it's you who make risky decisions, and is worried about consequences.

Look into the specifics of Texas Holdem - what does that mean?

Texas holdem, hold 'em, or holdem) is a variation of the standard card game of poker. Texas hold 'em consists of two cards (hole cards) being dealt face down to each player and then five community cards being placed face-up by the dealer

face down may mean you worry about unknown. you dread what you may be "dealt", from which way, from whom it may come.
will you lose your job? will your kids be okay? your wife?
will the risky investment you made a time ago turn out alright? etc etc.

Winning means you strongly hope or strongly believe you will be able to survive that, come up survivor.

Fuzzy

Ever since I was seriously ill, lost my hearing, I have the craziest dreams ever. I believe because my tinnitus wakes me up all night long, I remember my dreams with more clarity. My husband likes to interpret my dreams, he took a few classes way back in the day.

For a few years my dreams were pretty depressing. Since I have started walking and getting out more my dreams are more positive. I've been having mystical dreams which I'm sure come from watching Once Upon A Time, the tv show. Mystical dreams, some believe, come from the soul, are usually positive and mean your life is heading in a happy, fun direction.

Also consider what you ingest (food, drink, drugs) before bedtime. Chocolate seems to give me weird dreams. Needles to say, I have a lot of weird dreams. :lol:

^Very impressive! Thanks. :D

My pleasure.

Please don't take it for a face value, though, I really just guess what it could be, by no means I am qualified to read dreams professionally.

I just try to go by the simple guidelines what the author of that forgotten book
explained (that I remember, it was easy) , which are pretty generic - try to find out what is the meaning behind the symbols of your dream, and apply it to your circumstances. is all :)

Fuzzy

ps
also, naturally it is a lot more specific if a person reading dreams know about the person dreaming.
a psychologist who knows about your problems, your life would know much better how to interpret.

Fuzzy

ps
also, naturally it is a lot more specific if a person reading dreams know about the person dreaming.
a psychologist who knows about your problems, your life would know much better how to interpret.

Fuzzy

A Psychoanalyst would be better to they interpret dreams more often.

Also consider what you ingest (food, drink, drugs) before bedtime. Chocolate seems to give me weird dreams. Needles to say, I have a lot of weird dreams. :lol:

It's true, also certain medications are responsible for extremely vivid dreams.
however, that doesn't really matter when it comes to interpreting dreams.

a dream is a dream, regardless of what caused it.

Fuzzy

Thank you to all who have replied. Interesting to see the thoughts of many and the differences on dreams. I do feel that what ever has happened in my day along with all my other random thoughts are creating my crazy dreams. However the nights I do prayerful thinking tends to lead me to more pleasant feelings before I fall asleep but does not give me peaceful dreams every time. I do feel that my subconscious is very busy and sends me conflicting feelings when I wake up. Going to have to bring up some gnarly issues with my therapist cause I am still a nervous wreck about my personal decisions. I have hope !

LOL you guys n girls.

Okay here is my knowledge in dreams.

My wife is a dreamer, she knows how to read them as she goes but the complicate part is what was it all about and she has to put it together if she can once she wakes up. You guys know how difficult it is to remember "everything" you saw in your own dreams. Anyway, for her, she tends to get hints from dreaming storms which weathers is her thing in reality. She tends to get hints such as objects, who and colors which predicts for the next few days to approximately three months average. For example and based on true event/dream which happened more than five years ago, she dreamt of green twisters with family members and objects that is familiar and some of family friends who we are friends with as well. It gave her clues that someone was dying and it will be soon kind of warnings. She woke up upset and told me about it, asked around in the family if someone is in serious condition or something, none. Then in 2 days, her great-grandpa had very serious stroke that made big impact on his brain and all. He spent 2 weeks in hospital and transferred to hospice for approximately 14 months until he died.

That is just one of many dreams she has had.. even dreamt of friends, us, family and so on. For me, I get mythology dreams mixed up with realistic which will leave the actual object and/or person and/or situation mix together or separate giving me message to give me heads up whether it is good or bad. I am not a dreamer but I like it to give me heads up when I do care when I usually don't because I use my instinct very strongly which is my "power". I dislike it when we have dreams then we actual have the actual event/situation exactly like in the dreams within 24 hours to 2 months time frame. It gets confusing. ugh. Had that several times every year since I had that accident at age 4.

I believe dreams does help you predict your future and some members above is correct based on what you eat, know what the past carries in your heart n mind, and what show/movie you have seen too many times can affect your dreams but still pay attention if it is something worthy or something to laugh at. Notes actually is one of the best tool.

Good luck. :)

It's very true that meds and your dietary meals can interfere with your sleeping patterns. We are complex human beings.. Dreams can be pleasant or down right nightmarish. I wish I could not have such complex dreams and can use them to help me resolve other issues in my life. I do think that symbolism does play a factor but divination interpretation I plan to keep to myself on how o feel about it.

My Parkinson's Disease affects my dreams and sleep patterns. I don't worry about what any of my dreams mean. I know they have nothing to do with anyone's future.

LOL you guys n girls.

Okay here is my knowledge in dreams.

My wife is a dreamer, she knows how to read them as she goes but the complicate part is what was it all about and she has to put it together if she can once she wakes up. You guys know how difficult it is to remember "everything" you saw in your own dreams. Anyway, for her, she tends to get hints from dreaming storms which weathers is her thing in reality. She tends to get hints such as objects, who and colors which predicts for the next few days to approximately three months average. For example and based on true event/dream which happened more than five years ago, she dreamt of green twisters with family members and objects that is familiar and some of family friends who we are friends with as well. It gave her clues that someone was dying and it will be soon kind of warnings. She woke up upset and told me about it, asked around in the family if someone is in serious condition or something, none. Then in 2 days, her great-grandpa had very serious stroke that made big impact on his brain and all. He spent 2 weeks in hospital and transferred to hospice for approximately 14 months until he died.

That is just one of many dreams she has had.. even dreamt of friends, us, family and so on. For me, I get mythology dreams mixed up with realistic which will leave the actual object and/or person and/or situation mix together or separate giving me message to give me heads up whether it is good or bad. I am not a dreamer but I like it to give me heads up when I do care when I usually don't because I use my instinct very strongly which is my "power". I dislike it when we have dreams then we actual have the actual event/situation exactly like in the dreams within 24 hours to 2 months time frame. It gets confusing. ugh. Had that several times every year since I had that accident at age 4.

I believe dreams does help you predict your future and some members above is correct based on what you eat, know what the past carries in your heart n mind, and what show/movie you have seen too many times can affect your dreams but still pay attention if it is something worthy or something to laugh at. Notes actually is one of the best tool.

Good luck. :)

You pulled the words right out of my thoughts. It a good thing that my best friend takes no offense in my thoughts but loves to help me especially right now after this long year of difficulties. I am definitely going to start keeping notes and still let her help me when she can. I don't mind it, just was looking for an objective point of view. Thanks. I know I am not alone in knowing that when I do dream about family it's pretty typical that they are very ill. Once in a blue moon I can give myself a thumbs up when it's a good thing.

Talking to the person you confident in often works depending on that person's perspectives such as judgment, decisions, advices, and all the sort. Um. You are welcome. Everyone has their own kind/type of dreams or none depending on how every mind works and what we believe in by mind & heart. Sometimes I have dreams that I go.. *scoff* what was that about and/or why was I dreaming it but sometimes I caught something useful or put it together and realize what it is about or even it is nothing to think about. Ya know. SOmetimes we dream what we have experienced in the past as a reminder or something we can not forget for a reason or two. Sometimes we just dream what we saw in our daily lives or off a television... it can often be turned into a fantasy or whatever... at same time you never know it can be realistic. :) Good Luck and I am watching mine as well if I could remember everytime which would be awesome. :)

When I was a kid I had another reoccurring dream. I would be standing at the toilet going pee. I think you can figure out the rest of the story. :roll:

For a month before I decided to leave my job of 12 years, I had dreams about it and my co workers almost every night. In each of the dreams, it was always dark outside and they were the kind that I coukd remember vividly. Mind you, most dreams of mine aren't usually vivid nor can be recalled. At the time the dreams were happening, it was about a month before my friend contacted me about working at the public schools where she works at so at the time, I had no clue about it. Also, I had been applying for jobs for a few years with no luck so that couldn't be the trigger to these dreams.

Those dreams were telling me that my career at that school was ending soon because after, I accepted the new job offer and quit my old job, I haven't had strange dreams about my career.

Also, whenever the room is hot, I end up with nightmares.

My Parkinson's Disease affects my dreams and sleep patterns. I don't worry about what any of my dreams mean. I know they have nothing to do with anyone's future.

I had posted I had a dream about my b/f meeting a woman and she had health issues and had blonde hair , my b/f met the woman the day before my dream. He said nothing about it to me. He never saw her again he just got talking to her and my b/f was blown away that I had dream about it. I had dreams about things that were going to happen or had happen to people I know.

Back