Do deaf people "hear" inner voice in their head??

Yup I do post in that forum. I like that forum for weight loss managments and tips from bodybuilders onto how to get 6 packs. Bodybuilding forum isn't werid lol It s very valuable information if you re seeking tips/help on weight loss or bodybuilding.

Btw, can you hear inner voices in your head? :wave:

Yup I do post in that forum. I like that forum for weight loss managments and tips from bodybuilders onto how to get 6 packs. Bodybuilding forum isn't werid lol It s very valuable information if you re seeking tips/help on weight loss or bodybuilding.

Btw, can you hear inner voices in your head? :wave:

No!!!! And I am not paranoid either! People really are out to get me!!:lol::lol: jk

I wonder how can deaf people hear inner voices in their head? :roll:

Strong ignorance

Do deaf people "hear" the inner voice inside their heads?? - Bodybuilding.com Forums

Deaf people do hear voices in their head -- even those who are prelingually Deaf.

Auditory hallucinations are the brain's way of compensating for a sense it does not have (hearing).

I've been hearing voices since 1991 (which I'm not ashamed to admit), but in my case, I grew up with hearing most of my life. The psychiatrist I saw at the time said that my voices were caused by the 4 different kinds of trauma I experienced during my childhood and teenage years.

However, after I had CI surgery and lost all of my residual hearing, I started hearing voices again (I heard up to 20 of them) which the attending psychiatrist said was due to sensory deprivation caused by the lack of hearing as well as a number of other factors.

I had to stay in the hospital for a little over a month at which time I was given high doses of mood stabilizers and antipsychotics.

I still hear voices to this day (I hear 6 voices -- 3 male; 3 female), but I was recently put on a different antipsychotic and no longer hear them except when I'm having a manic or depessive episode or have accidentally skipped a dose of my meds.

I can remember the voices are only when they are near my ear or loud.

Deaf people do hear voices in their head -- even those who are prelingually Deaf.

Auditory hallucinations are the brain's way of compensating for a sense it does not have (hearing).

I've been hearing voices since 1991 (which I'm not ashamed to admit), but in my case, I grew up with hearing most of my life. The psychiatrist I saw at the time said that my voices were caused by the 4 different kinds of trauma I experienced during my childhood and teenage years.

However, after I had CI surgery and lost all of my residual hearing, I started hearing voices again (I heard up to 20 of them) which the attending psychiatrist said was due to sensory deprivation caused by the lack of hearing as well as a number of other factors.

I had to stay in the hospital for a little over a month at which time I was given high doses of mood stabilizers and antipsychotics.

I still hear voices to this day (I hear 6 voices -- 3 male; 3 female), but I was recently put on a different antipsychotic and no longer hear them except when I'm having a manic or depessive episode or have accidentally skipped a dose of my meds.

It is same thing with people who lose their sights in later age. They will still remember the images or whatever.

I dont hear voices in my head. If you read my post over there, I told them that I picture my deaf friends or hearies who know sign language with their sign language. For hearies that I met who dont know sign language, I just image them with their body language and facial expressions.

But it s funny to see how many people have no clues or any understanding regard to how disabled people function.

I think what they are talking about is, hearing people, when they think or read, have a little "voice" that says the stuff in their head. They want to know if Deaf people have that.

I think what they are talking about is, hearing people, when they think or read, have a little "voice" that says the stuff in their head. They want to know if Deaf people have that.

In that case, no I don't. I have images. That is interesting though.

It is same thing with people who lose their sights in later age. They will still remember the images or whatever.

You're right about that. A friend of mine who became totally blind at age 18 started seeing random letters and numbers in front of her eyes as well as a variety of different colors. She still sees them to this day. Her opthalmologist explained that this is due to her visual memory and the brain compensating for her blindness.

Yet they prefer to be blind than being deaf. Don't you think that is fked up thinking?

I think a D/deaf person who had enough hearing to hear voices might, but not someone who was born totally Deaf.

I thought we were talking about auditory hallucinations. My bad.

Really? From all of the surveys I've read, sighted people fear blindness second to cancer.

Honestly, I would. It is the fear of the unknown, plus it would be such a radical life change. Also, I don't know how I would then communicate with Miss Kat.

False. Females do post in there.

Check out that forum before making any judgement.

I'm already there, I registered like 4-5 years ago? forgot what my SN is by now, asked a question or two and left. I then worked out my own ways to accommodate my wants.

Chances are its probably changed now, but I still saw a lot of 19-20 year old posts in the deaf topic! Surely it's still predominantly male is it not?

Back