Do cats like igloo shaped cat bed?

Miss-Delectable

Reaction score
Just wondering. Please share your experiences with your cats and cat beds.

I don't think my cat would like any of these cat beds *sigh*.........

My first cat refused to sleep in cat bed from the beginning!

My daughter had one cat who had a bed shaped like a shoe. So half was like the igloo top and half was open. He loved it and usually curled up in the half that was like the toe of the shoe.

My cat has never slept in any cat bed that I bought her. My sister's cat liked one of those simple carpeted tube things they sell for cat trees. And my aunt would simply buy cheap fleece blankets at Walmart and her cats were happy with that.

My cat was pleased with one bed... we bought one of those big reed laundry baskets from Jo Anns, some cheap odds and ends pieces of fabric and a small pillow. It was all about $6-7, I think the most expensive pieces were the pillow and basket. I just put the pillow in the bottom, tucked and draped the odds and ends pieces of fabric. I can put up a picture, it looks nice. Plus I could choose fabrics I know my kitty likes.

After 13 years together she's gotten picky and I've gotten pretty good at guessing what she likes... if your kitty likes the type of fabric the pyramid is made of and likes to burrow into like your dirty clothes basket or under the bed sheets then it may be the bed for you. Plus I think most of them can be folded inward to make a little cradle like bed.

I bought my cat an igloo dog house to protect her from the rain and keep her warm during winter. She never wanted to sleep inside after a couple years, a friend of mine suggested to put something of mine inside the igloo like an old blanket. I got my old blanket and layed it inside little did I know my friend was right. My cat slept inside it and made it her home.

Unfortunately, my late cat passed on in 2003. She had a good life with me. Now, I got Lucky dog :) He's a handful.

Unfortunlately the cats prefer to sleep everywhere in the house... :giggle:

They don't like to be alone... They follow everywhere where we are... if we sit in kitchen, then they also sit and sleep... If we sit in living room or whatever then they sit and sleep... When we are in bed, they are also on our bed... :giggle:

One of 3 cats is 22 years old, love to sleep on kitchen window sill mostly and other 2 cats follow us everywhere...

I had the igloo cat bed for my cat but she never used it, she likes to sleep in the bath or on my bed. so the igloo was collecting dust until i brought my jack russell Puppy home.... it was middle of winter.... umm what shall i use to keep him warm in the car while i ride my horses... IGLOO!!! so i washed it and line it with my old jumper and put doggy heat pad.... he loved it! and 8 months on he grew too big for it and the igloo has been eated, thrown about, torn apart but he still loved going in it. Sadly i had to throw it away as it was falling apart. Sorry Boris!

My deaf cat loves to sleep anywhere in my home. Whenever I go to bed, he follows me. Whenever I use computer, he lays to watch or fall asleep at right of my monitor. Sometimes he sleeps on top of my HDTV. :laugh2:

I tried to have him stay and sleep in igloo and he did not like it at all.

Well, bad news that one of my cats already TOLIET in cat bed. I not buy beds for them anymore.

Interesting experiences you all shared. Thanks!

Bottesini, the shoe bed sounds cool! Wish I could see it.

Okay, y'all pretty much verified that it's not worth buying a cat bed for my cat. He loves to sleep on my bed with little wool cover on it, and in the armchair.

He,too, loves to follow me around the house and stay in the same room with us. I noticed he's gotten a bit more clingy as he ages. Is that normal?

images

Not the actual bed but pretty close to what it looked like. I think they are fairly common.

It depends on the cat and how it's raised. Some pets are raised in an open environment. So, they may not like enclosed spaces. Some pets are raised in closed environments. Those would probably like enclosed spaces.

My family had a small dog that slept in a dog bed that was uncovered. My parents thought it was cute and didn't like the idea of covering it up. They never got a covered bed.

My friends, with cats, would usually do the same... get beds that's open, not closed. The only thing they have that was closed was the kitty litter.

Interesting experiences you all shared. Thanks!

Bottesini, the shoe bed sounds cool! Wish I could see it.

Okay, y'all pretty much verified that it's not worth buying a cat bed for my cat. He loves to sleep on my bed with little wool cover on it, and in the armchair.

He,too, loves to follow me around the house and stay in the same room with us. I noticed he's gotten a bit more clingy as he ages. Is that normal?

In personal experience and observation of my family/friend's cats the attachment to a kitty parent does become stronger as they age. They are more insistent about pushing things out of your lap or laying on top of them.
They also tend to become more vocal as they get older.

My cat over 13 years has become much more avid about sitting and sleeping with me or my husband regularly. She also is much louder and demanding. Last night my Callie laid beside me while I was on my laptop but kept grabbing my wrist with her front paws and trying to drag my hand off the keyboard.

Vampy,
What you said made sense. Thanks.

Keritsubo,
Thanks for sharing your experience. Interesting. My cat's 10 and is expected to live at least 10 to 15 years, so I'll be prepared to ignore his bossy demands. He'll go bonkers with jealousy when I meet Mr. Right someday.

My cat's 14 and minds her own business and is little tart! she won't come home for the night (it's warm at the moment). I still love her though... i reckon another 4-6 years for this puss as she's so active.

Vampy,
What you said made sense. Thanks.

Keritsubo,
Thanks for sharing your experience. Interesting. My cat's 10 and is expected to live at least 10 to 15 years, so I'll be prepared to ignore his bossy demands. He'll go bonkers with jealousy when I meet Mr. Right someday.

Oh you would be surprised how they acclimate! Callie was around 9 when I started dating my husband. It was a long distance relationship (Minnesota to Florida) and I visited him mostly, he would come to stay with me maybe every 6 months. Contrary to her being jealous of him, I was jealous of him! Sort of...

My cat fawned all over him and tried to stow away in his luggage... she wanted to sit on his lap, sleep on his side... oh goodness! She still can be like that, we'll have been married two years tomorrow and living together a little more than that. I think now its more because he'll give her what she wants than her liking him more than me. So maybe your cat will clue you in that you have found Mr. Right. :giggle: ;)

My cat's 14 and minds her own business and is little tart! she won't come home for the night (it's warm at the moment). I still love her though... i reckon another 4-6 years for this puss as she's so active.

Is your cat an indoor/outdoor cat? That can change their behavior. Most all our cats are strictly indoor so that is where my experience lies. We had a few outdoor cats, barn cats/strays that we fed. Never had one live that long so I do not know how they act when they get to that age. Good for your kitty!

She's both, In winter she likes to be in most of the time and in the summer she prefers to be out but i like her indoors at night cos of roads are quite fast here. She is traffic shy so i am not too worried about leaving her out at night. I have garden and she loves it.

I am only teasing about my cat. She's not a tart really. She's a nice little cat, a good girl.

I had cats that lived past their 20's!!! (all rescues)

Back