Disney World resort removes Bill Cosby statue

rockin'robin

Reaction score
ORLANDO, FL (WFLA) — A statue of the embattled comedian Bill Cosby has been removed from the Walt Disney World Resort near Orlando, Florida, a Disney spokesman confirmed early Wednesday. The bust at the Disney’s Hollywood Studios theme park was removed when it closed on Tuesday night, the spokesman told NBC News. More than a dozen women have accused Cosby of sexually assaulting them. The 77-year-old, who has never been charged with a crime, denies the allegations and is trying to get several court cases thrown out.

The statue was removed one day after documents were unsealed Monday in Pennsylvania showed that Cosby admitted in a 2005 deposition that he obtained prescriptions of the powerful sedative methaqualone, better known by the brand name Quaalude, to give to women he wanted to have sex with.

“To not be able to walk through Disney without having that difficult encounter, it makes me sad,” said Brittany Gavrilova, whose aunt is one of the alleged victims, told WESH, the NBC station in Orlando. She started an online petition seven months ago asking Disney to remove the Cosby statue. More than 250 supporters have signed the petition.

The Cosby statue stood in the Academy of Television Arts and Sciences Hall of Fame Plaza and was meant to be a tribute to the Golden Age of television. “Especially now that a document has been released where he has admitted to it, I don’t think that someone like that should be placed on a pedestal, especially where people bring their families,” Gavrilova said.

http://wfla.com/2015/07/08/disney-world-resort-removes-bill-cosby-statue/

WHY Disney TAKE SO LONG.Cosby slime bucket

That's nice. Next step... Remove Thomas Jefferson for have slave.

This is the most recent thread about Bill Cosby so I am here to post some links here.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/15/enter...:+rss/cnn_topstories+(RSS:+CNN+-+Top+Stories)

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/14/entertainment/whoopi-goldberg-bill-cosby-feat/index.html

http://www.cnn.com/2014/12/13/showbiz/gallery/cosby-accusers/index.html

Since I heard about it when it started, I was like, " OK, he raped some women a long time ago". But then I found just now that he raped MANY women. Whoopi is no longer standing by him after she found out about more women confessing it.

Back to the topic, I applause that Disney World did the right thing.

Cosby if had any decentcy admit what done take the punishment.Date rape is crime

Since I heard about it when it started, I was like, " OK, he raped some women a long time ago". But then I found just now that he raped MANY women. Whoopi is no longer standing by him after she found out about more women confessing it.

You made that sound like it was ok that he raped a couple of women.

Whoopi didn't back down because she wanted to. ABC (I think it was that her show is on) made her do it because she was harming the show and alienating the viewers with her stupidity.

Just a dirty, disgusting old man...seems all the women he drugged and raped were "white"....(correct me if I'm wrong)....anyway...must really suck to be Cosby's wife....:roll:...She seems determined not to let go of Cosby's wallet....:hmm:

You made that sound like it was ok that he raped a couple of women.

Whoopi didn't back down because she wanted to. ABC (I think it was that her show is on) made her do it because she was harming the show and alienating the viewers with her stupidity.
If he raped two women a long time ago, the public would ignore the news. As more women went forward, the news get our attention as well as Whoopi's. It makes him look badder. Whoppi stood by him earlier because she's black. She mentioned that she no longer stands by him because she heard about more women who were raped by him. I don't think that ABC made her change her mind.

Back