Disney Removes CC from Up rental release

Erm.. I just borrowed my sister's UP dvd, I only saw that it says SDH but no closed captions= CC. So, I just checked a few mintues ago and it does have BOTH... I was like what the..?! *groans* Disney really need to get their dvds to get straight up.

Erm.. I just borrowed my sister's UP dvd, I only saw that it says SDH but no closed captions= CC. So, I just checked a few mintues ago and it does have BOTH... I was like what the..?! *groans* Disney really need to get their dvds to get straight up.
The CC logo like this

90482-main_Full.jpg

are not hard to find.

JClarke, pardon me. I know. I'm not that dumb deaf. I did look at the frigging dvd case to seeing if they says like that crap picture that you put up, and it's not exist on that dvd case. NOTHING besides it says SDH that's it. then I put it in the dvd player to start the movie to seeing if its work fine for SDH which I did set the subtitle, somehow that CC appear up on the TV along with the subtitle. I got confused and checked on the dvd case AGAIN and it didnt say CC like that picture, ok? CLEAR YET?

testing the waters I supposed. Too chilly....or maybe it was scalding hot?

If the day comes when rentals arent CCed, then we know that we have been discarded as a viewing population.

They're saying that, ever heard of "backpedaling"?

Previous stories shows that Disney claimed CC is a "special feature". Then they get bombarded by angry phone calls and emails. Then they're lambasted by the news media. Finally a phone call by Marlee Matlin is what did it.

Then they put out a press release stating it was a "mistake".

Yeah, right.

Yiz

It's it sad that it take an important person to get people to listen?

JClarke, pardon me. I know. I'm not that dumb deaf. I did look at the frigging dvd case to seeing if they says like that crap picture that you put up, and it's not exist on that dvd case. NOTHING besides it says SDH that's it. then I put it in the dvd player to start the movie to seeing if its work fine for SDH which I did set the subtitle, somehow that CC appear up on the TV along with the subtitle. I got confused and checked on the dvd case AGAIN and it didnt say CC like that picture, ok? CLEAR YET?

It is pretty clear to me as I have had CC appear when I had on the SDH.

It meant I had to turn off the CC on my TV remote.

Then the SDH was all that was left.

I fervently hope that this is useful to you.

They're saying that, ever heard of "backpedaling"?

Previous stories shows that Disney claimed CC is a "special feature". Then they get bombarded by angry phone calls and emails. Then they're lambasted by the news media. Finally a phone call by Marlee Matlin is what did it.

Then they put out a press release stating it was a "mistake".

Yeah, right.

Yiz
Yea...labeling CC as special feature is pretty insulting.

Glad this issue was resolved. Most of us adults dont care about Disney movies and could vote with our wallet but kids LOVE disney movies. And we all remember growing up watching disney movies in class on Fridays and Holidays :)

Most of us adults dont care about Disney movies and could vote with our wallet but kids LOVE disney movies.

You may be surprised to find out how wrong you are on that one. In fact, when I went to see the movie, Up. The theatre was packed with adults. There were probably only around 10 to 20 kids.

so that's why most cartoon seem to lean more toward adults than children. I always wondered why today children movie seem too adult-like when most children wouldn't understand it

so that's why most cartoon seem to lean more toward adults than children. I always wondered why today children movie seem too adult-like when most children wouldn't understand it

Actually, they are made for everybody. Especially the Pixar movies. There are jokes that will go over children's heads and some that will go over adults' heads.

Yea so basically these movies are what is related to real life's everyday activities...or something like that, in a way.

MY son got UP movie for Christmas from his grandparent...it does have CC.

G-force, yes captioned.

I don't know why some others complained it is not captioned.

Back