Discriminated again...

Deaf258 said:
Supertarget only hired "disabled or handicapped" people to gain tax credit and meet the legal quota for hiring employees. I would know because I worked there.

Doesn't that just suck when they hire you for what you are and not for what you can do?

^ YEAH! AND IT FUCKING SUCKS!!!!!

I got hired at Zellers (Dirty Zellers...fuckin hate that dirty hole of a place)...anywho, yeah, at Zellers they have to hire "visable minorities" :wtf:

Whatever :fu2:

It's a bunch of bull. I got hired as x-mas help and as soon as xmas was over they let me go...with all the other "visable minorities" as well. They treated me like shit. They talked to me as if i was stupid and whenever i made a mistake (of course i made mistakes...everyone does) they made it seem like it was some big horrible thing. They never bothered to show me properly how to do things the right way if i screwed something up accidentally, but whenever a "normal" person did it was all, "Oh, it's ok, just do it this way the next time" with a smile.

Before that i didn't get hired at another place coz the woman found out i was HOH. And she didn't try to hide it either. It made me feel horrible and i told my mother and she said that if she finds out that's why they didn't hire me, then she'll sue them coz it's illegal.

Some people are bastards. It sucks that you didn't get that thing.

Seriously, Robb you need to go and kick their ass big time..what "kim" had to say was uncall for.

report them to BBB and ADA. good luck.

Pure Ion said:
That's one thing that I hate about relay operators.

Here's an excerpt from a recent call to them:

Don't have extra money or time to teach a deaf person? That's what the school fees are for duh. And the laws says that have to provide interpreter for all hearing impairs people. I would say sue that department!

I noticed Deaf258 merely got his school money refunded and no further action/reaction by 258 and Robb is hesitating which just might be his saving grace before spending time, money, and energy on a lawyer, etc. Makes me wonder, Robb, and 258, if a small private school like a bartending school that receives no Federal moneys in any way, shape, or form is not subject to discrimination laws. Its just possible y'all barking up the wrong tree. Whaddaya think?

Tousi said:
I noticed Deaf258 merely got his school money refunded and no further action/reaction by 258 and Robb is hesitating which just might be his saving grace before spending time, money, and energy on a lawyer, etc. Makes me wonder, Robb, and 258, if a small private school like a bartending school that receives no Federal moneys in any way, shape, or form is not subject to discrimination laws. Its just possible y'all barking up the wrong tree. Whaddaya think?
Why would we be barking at the wrong tree? Every human person has the right to attended all programs We have our rights as the same as everyone else. Think about it why would we just walked away from a program that does not provide interpreters or deaf people that is discriminated our rights to join any schooling program. hire an interpreters by any company or schooling it takes it out of tax return. Its the truth.

It's really doesn't matter if that school doesn't receives federal $$.....The ADA Laws doesn't state that Only Schools who only receives Federal $$ will pay for an interpreter....

A bartending school should pay for an interpreter if a hard of hearing/deaf is interesting in that kind of class...

I would suggest you to sue the school or call ADA....They will be happy to help you in any way!

Don't let them get away with it....or otherwise it will happen to someone else..

Good Luck :)

Last edited:
I had some of my deafie friends complaining about LA (legislative Assistants) hung up on them when they tried to reach their legislators to talk about issues, I always refer them to the LAs supervisiors (depends which political party caucus they are under). They said it is unfair and they wouldn't understand. Sometimes the LAs even refused to provide interpreter, I also advised them to contact Legislative intreptering service and have them call the LAs to explain the situation regarding need of interpreters. Sometimes legislators can be rude to other deafies expect for me, like one state senator refuse to provide interpreter for deafies but had no prioblem with me because I talk directly to the senator via papers and pen, little sign (how much she know) and I work closer with her on her campaign.

Did you experince the same problems?

Back