Discriminated again...

Pure Ion

Reaction score
I was just discriminated against by an educational institute for bartending. I called this place to see how much the bartending training classes were, they hung up on me. I thought that they thought I was a telemarketer so I called back again. They said I said that I wasn't interested, they hung up again. So I had the operator announce that I was a customer first thing instead of this is the NYRS blah blah. They said "If you can't hear, you can't work in a bar" and then hung up right after that. It pissed me off big time, now I'm mulling whether to go to the authorities or just fuck it.

That is terrible buddy, i would feel like goin over and whack them on their face!

Originally posted by Waz
That is terrible buddy, i would feel like goin over and whack them on their face!

LoL, I would have done the same on that day! Luckily I called them from Maryland.

LOL, those peoples are very lucky u are in maryland ;)

What?! U are serious?? Robb, if i were you and I would come to that place and get their asses kick!!!

get bottles of alcohols, pour around the bar building, lit it, and then BURN IN HELL! :twisted:

Last edited:
well the problem is the operator- I tell the operator NOT to announce relay cuz people think they are telemarketers, I tell the operator to let me talk first so they will know what I want. Usually I find it better to go in person......

You could work in a restaraunt bar - the waitress/waiters write down the order anyways....

oh that is terrible. I think you need to do something about it. I know some deaf can do that... so I know YOU can do it.. go do something about it!

Originally posted by BabyPhat21
well the problem is the operator- I tell the operator NOT to announce relay cuz people think they are telemarketers, I tell the operator to let me talk first so they will know what I want. Usually I find it better to go in person......

That's one thing that I hate about relay operators.

Here's an excerpt from a recent call to them:

1 888 cocktail ga i mean

DIALI

NG 888 262

PLS HD

(HUNG UP) GA (opr here can u pls repeat nbr with area code thank u ) ga

the number is 1 888 262 5824 ga

DIALING 888 262 5824 PLS HD RING 1 2 3 4 (beep beep beep the line disconnected ) ga

585 279 8850 ga

DIALING 585 279 8850 PLS HD RING 1 2 (F) (sounds pleasant) (opr here person hung up ) ga

call back and tell them this is a potentional customer the first thing u say pls ga

DIALING 585 279 8850 PLS HD RING 1 2 3 4 (ANS MACH) (F) (sounds pleasant) (collecting info pls hd ) thk u for calling abc bar tending school no one is available to take ur call right pls leave ur name and phone nbr and someone will get back to asap (beep msg finished lv msg qq ) ga (opr here are u there qq ) ga (opr here are u there qq ) ga (opr here nbr to dial pls)ga

pls dial the 888 number again ga

DIALING 888 262 5824 PLS HD RING 1 2 3 (F) (sounds pleasant) this is abc bar tending school how may i help u ga

hello my name is robb and i would like to know why you are keeping on hanging up and discriminating against me? ga

i have no idea what ur talking about ga

the other person who answered the phone told me that deaf people cant work in a bar i simply wanted to know how much the courses are and there IS a bar looking for a deaf bartender so that is why i am feeling offended. ga he

that

llo

was

?

not me who u spoke to i m the only one who ans the phone the course offered are 399 dollars we don t offer courses for the death um ur are more than welcome to come into the school and talk to us ga

allright did u say that you dont offer courses for the deaf? ga

yes we have one hour of lecture a day which is spoken as well as drinks called out by voice ga

could u provide interpreter for this course? ga

no ga

why? This is an educational institute right? ga

correct we do not have th resources nor the extra money to train one student ga

alright thank you wait what's your name? for recording reasons ga

kim ur welcome ga

thank you bye sksk

Last edited:
Back