Did your parents freak out when u get tattoos/piercings?

..dunno..

im planning 2 get piercin on my belly on my bday next month..i dunno bout wut my parents thinks...i will still rebel and get one cuz, come on...everyone has one!

Even tho I am in my 20s, I still have not revealed to my parents/family of the fact that I have two tattoos and a belly piercing. And it shall remain so.

I know how they feel about tattoos and piercings, and I wish to not push them over the limits. Plus, they did freak out in a major way (now they deny it) when they found out that I had my ear cartidge pierced... that forever haunted me and thus lead to my decision that all body matters shall be keep private.

As an adult, I have the right to choose what to do with my body (as long it's careful decision making) and shall not let anyone keep me from that goal.

I'm happy with my tattoos and piercing -- it's unfortunate that my parents are not as open-minded.

TinyStrawberry said:
Forgot to add something funny that my mom told me about... She said when u get older like 60-70-80 and someone sees ur back and your tattoo would just stag, drop to the floor, and looks stretched. Lol :lol:

Yeah like from that book, if you had a tattoo that said "love" and 50 years later it says "looooooooooooooove" ;)

Yeh.. Its from one of those books that I read.. Its somewhere on my profile, not sure which computer or whoever member left their computer on, and turned on my aim.. Its there. :)

Yeah, My dad didn't seem to approve my tattoo on my ankle but my mom and step mom seem to love it.....

I wouldn't get a piercing on my belly or any other places just my ears....I have 5 pierces on both of my ears....and my parents never said anything about that only for the tattoo....

^Angel^ said:
Yeah, My dad didn't seem to approve my tattoo on my ankle but my mom and step mom seem to love it.....

I wouldn't get a piercing on my belly or any other places just my ears....I have 5 pierces on both of my ears....and my parents never said anything about that only for the tattoo....
Five piercings on each ears (totaling 10) or total of five piercings altogether?

When my son was 18, he went to Arkansas with some friends for the day but i didnt know what they planned to do there, i didnt ask..well, the next morning, i went into his room and he was asleep with his back exposed and i noticed something funny... looked closer, I went "gasp"..he had a tattoo on his shoulder! Of course, he woke up when i gasped, i said hey you got a tattoo on your shoulder is that real or fake? He looked at me like i lost my marbles....LOL! I wasnt mad or anything, just surprised is all..it was a little one and really cute! He said "hey, mom you are cool" hehehehe. So not all parents freak out on tattoos. :cool:

VamPyroX said:
Five piercings on each ears (totaling 10) or total of five piercings altogether?

yep totally of 10 altogether!..

When I got tattoo when I was 19 yrs old. I showed to my parents. They laughed. That's it. I am being think they thought mine is fake. I guess, I shouldn't bother them about it. :o

VamPyroX said:

I have six on each ears... totally together 12... :)

My daughters 20 and 18 yrs old both have a few tattoos on their back and one in front right pelvic. I personally don't like tattoos because it is permanent. Later on, if one do not want that tattoo anymore, or change it, the laser treatment is expensive to remove tattoo. When my daughters were younger, they begged me to let them have tattoos and I told them to wait until they become 18, then they can decide to have it or not. Both of them got tattoos on their 18th birthdays. I did not give them hard time about it after that as it's their decision when they're adults. Some of tattoos looked cute, like Hello Kitty, butterfly, etc. They also have pierced earrings, one has pierced eyebrow, one in front of ear lobes, five or six in each ear lobes, and other places I can not say where here. My 18 yr old daughter lost interest in eyebrow ring and had removed it on her own...(whew) I'm sure that as they become older, they will remove some of them. :)

Mom knows that I am very interesting in piercing and tattooing (I grew up with a rockhead as my brother so naturally I like the tattoos and piercings through him) but she did make it clearly that I cannot live with her if I get facial piercings...(ah, so a NIPPLE piercing is okay??? lmao!)

She didn't say anything about forbidding the tattoos... :twisted: She always gets upset whenever my brother visits home with a new tattoo (of course I would already know about the tat' before Mom busts him)... and my brother is 28 yrs old so :lol:

I just think it is hilarious that my mom is still disciplining my brother with his "artistic" freedom with his body... and she is only making it worser by encouraging us, her children, to rebel against her authorization.

in 1998 i got my eyebrow pierced was staying at a friends house...my dad came to pick me up..he didnt notice right away...then did a double take and said god dammit jennifer..im like what? ha he got over it..so did my mom.... last march i got my first tattoo...labret (lip) and both nipples pierced..... he always told me do not get any facial piercings..well...when i got home...he wouldnt talk to me for a week....(i never told him about my nipple piercings...but my best friends father told him ..i was like uh.. he thought my dad knew..sheesh) he said the facial piercings take away from my beauty....i was like what beauty? i plan on getting another facial piercing..i know if my father was alive..he would prolly kill me ha my tattoos didnt bother him...hes always wanted to get one...one day was unlocking the back door he said i really like that tattoo around your wrist..so thats cool.... but im an adult..was an adult when i got my eyebrow pierced..was an adult when i got my other piercings... i make certain decisions in my life...i knew it pissed him off but....i have the right to do what i want... i tried to bribe my dad into gettin me another tattoo cuz told him id take my lip ring out..he said for good? i said yes...but..never got around to that.. but if you do get piercings....tattoos..make sure its what you wanna do.. if you arent sure..dont do it.

LOL I read all the posts. Funny thing...my parents dont worry about me not getting tattoos because I am still too chicken to get one. I hate damn NEEDLES.

Anyway, my dad was soo pissed off that I had a navel piercing. Oh, please I was 25 years old. LOL I got it in Las Vegas. RME. My mom saw it herself while I was in ER due to dehydration. She was freaked out when saw my navel piercing for a first time. LOL My brother saw it later on and told me it was cool.

About 6 months later, my navel piercing got fucked up, leaving a "swiss cheese hole" scar on my belly button. Oh, well. I still have a scar prior to today. My dad was very thrilled that I removed jewelry for good.

I was thinking of having my tongue pierced, but I watched dentist's warning on pierced tongue can damage teeth. I was like :wtf: I decided not to get one because of dentist's warning news on TV.

Oddball said:
LOL I read all the posts. Funny thing...my parents dont worry about me not getting tattoos because I am still too chicken to get one. I hate damn NEEDLES.

Anyway, my dad was soo pissed off that I had a navel piercing. Oh, please I was 25 years old. LOL I got it in Las Vegas. RME. My mom saw it herself while I was in ER due to dehydration. She was freaked out when saw my navel piercing for a first time. LOL My brother saw it later on and told me it was cool.

About 6 months later, my navel piercing got fucked up, leaving a "swiss cheese hole" scar on my belly button. Oh, well. I still have a scar prior to today. My dad was very thrilled that I removed jewelry for good.

I was thinking of having my tongue pierced, but I watched dentist's warning on pierced tongue can damage teeth. I was like :wtf: I decided not to get one because of dentist's warning news on TV.
I'm sure that hole will close up. Unless, you did something to cause that to happen? :dunno:

My hole was closed. I still do have a "teardrop" scar.

Attachments

• scar.jpg
    scar.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 34
Oddball said:
My hole was closed. I still do have a "teardrop" scar.
Did it get infected or something while it was pierced? You mentioned that you were dehydrated once, what happened?

WildKaTReSS said:
Besides..how old do I have to get tattoos/piercings?

I just hope I find a clean place that has good references and etc.

Do your research and ignore your parents/grandparents' wishes. They do not own you. You own yourself! I think you may have to be either 18 or 21 something to get tattoo since Illinois don't allow anyone to get tattoo until you're 21 but screw them just have someone lie for you. My cousin did that:)

Peachy Lady said:
My daughters 20 and 18 yrs old both have a few tattoos on their back and one in front right pelvic. I personally don't like tattoos because it is permanent. Later on, if one do not want that tattoo anymore, or change it, the laser treatment is expensive to remove tattoo. When my daughters were younger, they begged me to let them have tattoos and I told them to wait until they become 18, then they can decide to have it or not. Both of them got tattoos on their 18th birthdays. I did not give them hard time about it after that as it's their decision when they're adults. Some of tattoos looked cute, like Hello Kitty, butterfly, etc. They also have pierced earrings, one has pierced eyebrow, one in front of ear lobes, five or six in each ear lobes, and other places I can not say where here. My 18 yr old daughter lost interest in eyebrow ring and had removed it on her own...(whew) I'm sure that as they become older, they will remove some of them. :)

I second that! I would let my sons wait until they are 18 years old if they want tattoos.

Back