Did you go to a court for your juror duty?

webexplorer

Reaction score
Do you ever receive a Summons for Juror Service letter? Did you go to the court?
Was it difficult for you to understand the lawyers especially they twisted their words to the juries?

Having registered to vote at 18 and in Florida they used that for jury summons at the time and I am now 46, I have never been called to jury duty. My mother has 12 times gone to jury duty, but will not be able now.

Recently I got a summon from Juror Service in Florida, I called for interpreter about a week earlier. It is really depend on knowledges of yours and your instincts to at least to understand what they are saying. i think they did darn well. I was really lucky i didnt have to be on jury as juror. but they told me they will be calling me again next year. So basically i am expecting a letter.

I've received a jury summons once in 1994 or 1995 (don't remember exactly when). Since I was still in college, I had a valid excuse for not participating. :)

It's good thing that you didn't go to the jury. I have to be there in March. I hate to think that a killer remembers our face on the jury. Yike! It's too bad that there is no behind mirror. We don't want him/her to see us. Maybe, I might be waived.

It's good thing that you didn't go to the jury. I have to be there in March. I hate to think that a killer remembers our face on the jury. Yike! It's too bad that there is no behind mirror. We don't want him/her to see us. Maybe, I might be waived.

I don't know why you say stuff like this. Yes, I have been empaneled and no, lawyers don't "twist" their words, generally.

I don't know why you say stuff like this. Yes, I have been empaneled and no, lawyers don't "twist" their words, generally.

That's because you are just deaf. Many of us would not even know if they twist their words because our interpreters do their duty as exact they said something without your and our knowledge. It has nothing to do how smart we are, but if we go to the court often, it is probably to gain our experience and probably never thought of something in the court. That's what I think.

Web, what do you mean by, "You are just deaf"?

Back