Did anyone saw Kitchen Nightmare recently?

JMH

Reaction score
I'm talking about Amy's Baking Company episode. It's the most talk in Reddit and other Internet forums this week.

I do watch Kitchen Nightmares show but haven't seen it for a while and when I heard about that at iRacing forum and was shocked about the owners. It got me wanted to see that episode. I tried to watch it on YouTube, but the "CC" is completely [censored]ed up and I tried to see it on iTune and the CC was completely out of order. I finally caught it on Hulu Plus+.

Wow, it was completely, completely crazy. The owners (Samy and Amy) refused to accept criticism at all especially from Gordon. They attack any customers if they don't like food - like if you say "the pizza is soggy" Samy will kick you out and curse at you. What's more, owners "steal" tips from waitress - eh, servers.

I mean, I thought Soup Nazi was crazy, but Amy's Baking Company now took over top.

lol! I'll check it out

Saw it, couldn't believe it! Now they are going to 'relaunch' to try to prove, once again, that their personalities and food are top notch. This has got to be the biggest dramafest I have ver seen!

I saw it. I think the publicity might get enough people to go there once just to see it that it may boost their business.

I saw it. I think the publicity might get enough people to go there once just to see it that it may boost their business.

It's possible it's public stunt, but their 15 minutes fame won't last very long.

I have seen few posts at iRacing and DVDTalk.com that they wanted to see the drama or provoking Samy or Amy to get piss off. However, I don't think many people willing to come for the food or desserts since Gordon said foods are crap and the desserts are bought from other places and then double charge it.

Other major issue about ABC (Amy's Baking Company) are tips. They didn't tell customers that they are keeping tips from servers which is considered illegal.

What made me laugh that they are "re-opening" to get their record straight and tell everyone that Gordon Ramsay and other people (who post negative reviews on Yelp.com) are cyber bullies. While they're re-opening day, they will have a charity on awareness of cyber bullying.

Amy's Baking Company Facebook said:
Other Side of Amy’s Baking Company Controversy in Scottsdale To Soon Be Told

SCOTTSDALE, AZ. MAY 15, 2013 -- Amy’s Baking Company will host a Grand Re-Opening on Tuesday night, May 21, following unflattering portrayals on national television.

Customers will be able to decide who is correct: a famous celebrity chef or the marketplace that has supported the small, locally-owned business for six years.

When re-opened, a portion of proceeds will benefit a charity organized to bring awareness to cyber bullying.

Seating is limited. Reservations may be made by emailing sjones@rosemoserallynpr.com.

Diners will also have the opportunity to meet, and judge for themselves the character of owners Amy and Samy Bouzaglo, who have devoted their lives to and earn their living from their small restaurant. The Bouzaglos have been married for 10 years, after Sammy emigrated from Israel.

The owners will likely be holding a press conference before the Grand Re-Opening and answer falsehoods depicted on a reality television show, including assertions that the restaurant confiscates tips from servers.

In fact, wait staff is paid $8-$14 per hour, two and half to nearly five times the standard hourly wage for servers.

Questions will also be answered about what happened to their Facebook page.

Amy’s Baking Company was recently featured on the hit PBS show “Check Please” and has received A+ reports from CBS 5 for kitchen preparedness.

“We are very upset by what has taken place, apologize about the acrimony that has ensued but now must fight back to save our business. We hope and believe much good can result from what has transpired. We ask the public to keep an open mind as we begin to tell our side of the story,” Samy Bouzaglo said.

For more details, please contact Michael Saucier.

Well, good luck with them. They'll make fool of themselves this Tuesday like they did on Kitchen Nightmare.

Well, of all the pictures I've seen of Amy and Samy on the internet... Amy looks like a snake ready to attack! :shock:

So people really do watch that junk!
I guess they do!

I've only seen two episodes of Kitchen Nightmares. The first was with this young couple running an italian restaurant. One of their problems was that they were using huge plates making the meals look small and insignificant for the customers' money's worth. The second was with this tri-ownership between three guys. One of the problems was that all three guys were sharing duties causing conflict in leadership. It was suggested that they either pick one duty and stick with it or not take part at all. I think this was also the episode where they had a claw machine that lets you pick your lobster (or that was a third episode that I forgot about).

So people really do watch that junk!

Not this Kitchen Nightmare. Actually, Kitchen Nightmare was created for BBC and the show were great. But now it's under Fox's belt, it's kind of junk but almost same concept as UK version - UK version do not really include drama like Fox does. Ramsey Gordon's goal to help restaurants that are in budget trouble. He guide them to get better. That's the whole show is about.

However, this Amy's Baking Company is completely different from any other episodes. They're not in budget trouble - but wanted Gordon to come to silent the negative reviewers and "bully" that they've been receiving on Yelp.com. They expected Gordon to say the food is great, but their plan backfired as Gordon thought her foods were horrible. They refused to accept any suggestion from Gordon and they even got hostile towards Gordon when he criticism their food.

It never happened in any previous episodes.

The grand opening that was supposed to be yesterday - again, got backfired due to threaten by Fox. They said if they bad mouthing or reveal anything that wasn't shown on TV, Amy's Baking Company must pay fine ($100,000) for contract breaching.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...=KAOCxsmc-3ILiNLgYMjMVw&bvm=bv.46751780,d.cGE

And now Samy is facing deportation from USA... lol

Is this end of Amy's Baking Company? | Fox News

I watched it last night on Hulu.

Man... unbelievable!!! :shock:

When the show started, they showed previews of the show. Of course, all the worse part are shown and I didn't think it was really that bad as they usually show only the worst parts in previews.

Then the episode started. The day before Ramsey comes, it was only a few minutes long... and it was worse than the previews!!!

Seriously!? No tips? Pushing customers? Swearing at everyone? Short temper?

Ramsey said it at the end... the only couple he couldn't help. Tsk tsk tsk...

now watching it... oh my.... such an :mad2: :mad2: bunch, eh?

Not this Kitchen Nightmare. Actually, Kitchen Nightmare was created for BBC and the show were great. But now it's under Fox's belt, it's kind of junk but almost same concept as UK version - UK version do not really include drama like Fox does. Ramsey Gordon's goal to help restaurants that are in budget trouble. He guide them to get better. That's the whole show is about.

However, this Amy's Baking Company is completely different from any other episodes. They're not in budget trouble - but wanted Gordon to come to silent the negative reviewers and "bully" that they've been receiving on Yelp.com. They expected Gordon to say the food is great, but their plan backfired as Gordon thought her foods were horrible. They refused to accept any suggestion from Gordon and they even got hostile towards Gordon when he criticism their food.

It never happened in any previous episodes.

The grand opening that was supposed to be yesterday - again, got backfired due to threaten by Fox. They said if they bad mouthing or reveal anything that wasn't shown on TV, Amy's Baking Company must pay fine ($100,000) for contract breaching.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...=KAOCxsmc-3ILiNLgYMjMVw&bvm=bv.46751780,d.cGE

And now Samy is facing deportation from USA... lol

Is this end of Amy's Baking Company? | Fox News

All realty shows are junk to me, they a cheaper to put on TV I can't believe the crap on TV now! A Freaks show , people diving into pool etc. I am getting sick of spending money on cable TV and having so much crap on !

she was psycho. not sure if that was a ratings grab or what, but it was ridiculous.

Back