Did Al Gore invent the internet?

• Yes

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • No

Votes: 24 96.0%

• Total voters

guido

Reaction score
Yes or no? It's a pretty simple question.

I do know that Bill Gates invented internets or windows. No, Al Gore didn't invent it.

LOL no he didn't. That was one of the outragious claims he made in his presidental run. He later said he misspoke. Yeah ya think?? LOL

*cough* sorry got something in my thorat! :D

**cough** Al Core?? no way!! He never do that cuz he doesn't know how to do that way... it is Bill Gates that started it!! So I vote no....

Al Gore as Father of Internet? *aghast*

Actually, Bill Gates, our American fella, and his friends invented Internet along with Windows programs...

Nope, Bill Gate didn't invent the Internet. It is the U.S. department of defense that is who started it. The Internet started back in 70's!

Internet Society (ISOC) All About The Internet: History of the Internet

During mid 80's U.S. post office actually invented E-mail, but because U.S. Post office didn't have patience to start with profit, so they sold to MCI. That company patiently wait for about 2 years before profit start kick in, and boom!

I vote No.. I never heard of Al Gore's inventing Internet! Then it is nothing in the history!

The reason why U.S. Department of Defense started this is because the idea of Internet is to break up the packets in data and transmit as scattered, that way, hacker won't be able to get information in one packet. then when the transmission is complete at the end, the application put puzzles together and there is information.

You see, I posted this message, NONE of them will travel at same path! Say, maybe 500 parts of this goes to 500 different paths and arrived in AllDeaf server then that server put everything together, viola! complete message body.

very rare, everything goes at same path,

Also, other reasons involved is if one server got ka-boomed by enemies, the other end can always send back ask for missing data, so no data will be lost no matter what. That is purpose of thie Internet in the first place.

Also, the first Internet, there is NO graphic interface that you see here. Just line by line text, that is it! So Internet evolved during 80's and early 90s, around 1993 that is when Internet usage started to SKYROCKET big time.

Bill Gates sure as hell did NOT invent the Internet! He had nothing to do with it. In fact, Windows was the LAST operating system to support it! (I have no clue why people give him credit for that.)

DARPA, the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency, invented the Internet in the 60's to aid the military. It was originally called ARPAnet: Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

(Yeah, i saw DHB's posts, but I had to rant anyway--I'm so sick of people giving Bill Gates credit for something he thought would never take off...)

Guess your thinking the same way I was thinking, eh?

I orignally thought it was 60's but found out it was early 70's instead. So... sometimes informaton not that accurate but close enough.

Windows started around 88, about 10 years after first DOS was invented. Bill Gate actually cheated with IBM, IBM was suckered by him.

Bill Gates sure as hell did NOT invent the Internet! He had nothing to do with it. In fact, Windows was the LAST operating system to support it! (I have no clue why people give him credit for that.)

DARPA, the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency, invented the Internet in the 60's to aid the military. It was originally called ARPAnet: Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Gore is a politician!! How can he invent internet?? LOL But I read somewhere that he helped internet grow by passing regulation rules. Please correct me if Im wrong and that my brains are leaking...

Misconceptions in the media

Both as a Senator and Vice-President, Al Gore has been involved in the mainstreaming of the Internet since the 1970s (see Campbell-Kelly and Aspray, Computer: A History of the Information Machine, 1996:298). This involvement led to legislation during the late 1980s known informally as the 'Gore Bill'.[5] It was passed, however, as the High Performance Computing and Communication Act of 1991 [6] on December 9 1991 and led to the NII or National Information Infrastructure [7] which Gore referred to as the Information superhighway.

As a result of the publication of three articles in Wired News[8], Gore's 1999-03-09 interview on CNN's Late Edition with Wolf Blitzer became the subject of heavy satire. [9] During this interview, Gore stated:

During my service in the United States Congress I took the initiative in creating the internet. I took the initiative in moving forward a whole range of initiatives that have proven to be important to our country's economic growth and environmental protection, improvements in our educational system. [10]

Media reports surrounding this statement sometimes re-wrote it, stating that Gore claimed he "invented the internet".[11] However, Gore received support from members of the computer industry, notably Internet pioneers Vint Cerf and Robert E. Kahn. Cerf and Kahn issued the following statement on 2000-09-28 in response to the controversy:

[A]s the two people who designed the basic architecture and the core protocols that make the Internet work, we would like to acknowledge VP Gore's contributions as a Congressman, Senator and as Vice President. No other elected official, to our knowledge, has made a greater contribution over a longer period of time.

Last year the Vice President made a straightforward statement on his role. He said: "During my service in the United States Congress I took the initiative in creating the Internet." We don't think, as some people have argued, that Gore intended to claim he "invented" the Internet. Moreover, there is no question in our minds that while serving as Senator, Gore's initiatives had a significant and beneficial effect on the still-evolving Internet. The fact of the matter is that Gore was talking about and promoting the Internet long before most people were listening. We feel it is timely to offer our perspective.[12]
Gore, himself, poked fun at the controversy. In September 2000, as a guest on the The Late Show with David Letterman, he read a list of the "Top Ten Rejected Gore - Lieberman Campaign Slogans." Number nine on the list was: "Remember, America, I gave you the Internet, and I can take it away!" [13]

Info. from Al Gore controversies - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That is very interesting BUT BUT AHHH!!

Look here everyone so please calm down ok?

This what I was trying to find out rather that is true or not that Al Gore do invent Interenet or not...... so pls read this below by click the link!!

This will stop everyone to think that Al Gore did which is NOT TRUE!!!!!!!

Interenet of Lies by Snopes.com

So please read very, very carefully ok? Do not start to rumor abt this as what others though Al Gore did it! I do know that the inernet was started long time ago when I was very young or even before I was born, I am not sure tho.... haha cuz I have not yet to read the whole thing abt the history of Internet but...pls read in that link!

Thanks!

Back