Defective cochlear-ear implant ....In case someone you know has this older model

There was a production problem after I received my Advanced Bionics implant. I don't recall the exact date which lasted a few months. Nor did Sunnybrook Cochlear Implant section/Toronto make any comment that there was a "previous problem" in 2006.
They have been dealing with Cochlear Implants since 1984.

Aside: a meeting tomorrow-Cochlear implant patients-Sunnybrook Hospital/Toronto.

Indeed. The lawyer, and apparently the court, are ignoring the fact that AB identified the malfunctioning component and the manufacturing source. It was removed from production and all implants with the part recalled. They continued to implant using Vendor A, which is what I have, that did not have any issues. That hardly translates into knowingly selling defective devices. That would be like accusing Cochlear of the same because they continued to implant Freedom devices instead of the faulty CI500. Neither company continued to knowingly implant faulty devices once they realized there was a problem. That isn't even a logical conclusion.

you mean sue on remove on implant? or to implant?

oh wow younger girl pretty sound! lots of costly

oh my god! I am lucky remove implant my cochlear implant :) doctor surgery removed implant my cochlear.
nothing cochlear implant cheer my implant serious I told to doctor remove implant because I have lots of problem headache I have prevent to headache lucky!

Bumping for trolling purposes?

It's abundantly clear most of the negative comments here are from users who are biased against CIs.

Bingo, we have a winner. This was an emotional appeal to probably an all hearing jury to feel bad for the poor little deaf girl injured and made to suffer by the big evil corp.

Don't read anything else into this because it's not there.

This raises the question should there have been Deaf(ASL and Oral) jurories on the Jury? So it was truly a Jury of the little girl's pairs.

Sorry Southpaw I have an interest in the legal system and justice system

Bumping for trolling purposes?

It's abundantly clear most of the negative comments here are from users who are biased against CIs.

I just LOVE how when people bring up issues with the CIs, it's all " YOU"RE AGAINST THE CI!" and we're painted as Nazis. You CAN support the CI, and still acknowledge that there are still a lot of issues with them.

This raises the question should there have been Deaf(ASL and Oral) jurories on the Jury? So it was truly a Jury of the little girl's pairs.

Sorry Southpaw I have an interest in the legal system and justice system
Oh I agree with the verdict, but it ticks me off how they used the emotional appeals of us poor deaf suffering! Emotion plays a huge part in our legal system when it's supposed to play very little.

Back