Declaration of Occupy Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.
My brother thought it was hysterical because he'd never heard me use that word. He should know that I fight back after growing up with me. lol

Nah, you clearly stated "no deaths"

I also said, "last I checked." Time has lapsed since that post. I have checked again. And I discovered differently.

You might try updating your own information from time to time. It is a sign of intelligence.:cool2:

We are both believers and followers of Jesus Christ and ride motorcycles! We know each other from a motorcycle forum but met a couple of yeas ago in GA for dinner.
My Hubby (AD member TinCanSailor) and I are also Christians, and members of the Patriot Guard Riders. Hubby has a Hyosung 650. :)

Which crack pot think tank published that? Let me guess. Funded by the chemical companies that make this stuff?

Her is something for you to read Jillio!

https://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles1/nij/188069.pdf

Did you bother to read it? Because I found this within 3 seconds of opening the pdf.

Despite the success of OC spray, there
is growing concern about its safety, particularly
when exposure is combined with
positional restraint. A number of arrestees
exposed to OC, which induces coughing,
gagging, and shortness of breath, have
died in custody
—thus prompting the allegation
that OC inhalation places individuals
at risk for potentially fatal respiratory
compromise.1

:laugh2:

It's especially dangerous for people with asthma.

This is nothing more than appeal to authority. Anyone commenting on economics or social matters is going to have disagreement from prominent thinkers on the other side. The existence of critics does not discredit anyone. I'm much more interested in the merits of an argument than the prizes the critics have won. To quote Dr. Sowell, for every expert there is an equal and opposite expert, but for every fact there is not necessarily an equal and opposite fact.

I read the column in question. It's a bit more nuanced than is commonly made out. It doesn't compare Obama to Hitler, but rather makes the point that dictatorships, including fascist Germany and the Soviet Union, thrive on the ignorance of the masses, so we need an informed citizenry to be strong. He then argues that we can't just order companies to pay up without due process, even if such an action is popular. His point isn't that Obama is Hitler but rather that such actions create precedents that could lead to strongman leaders. Considering how overused Hitler is in discussion, it would be best for him to find an example that doesn't involve Hitler, but there is merit to his point.
no I'm sorry. there is absolutely no merit. that's why he's a nobody.

He did nothing of the kind. What a tyrannical comment. I'm absolutely serious.
at least I'm not pepper-spraying or clubbing anybody. Tyrannical comment... so he gets to compare Obama to Hitler and I can't express my opinion?

My Hubby (AD member TinCanSailor) and I are also Christians, and members of the Patriot Guard Riders. Hubby has a Hyosung 650. :)

Reba,

Glad to meet you! Steiny told me about you two. I think I'll chill out on this one for a spell! Gettin' kinda rowdy in here! Oh, well I jumped in the water!

Which crack pot think tank published that? Let me guess. Funded by the chemical companies that make this stuff?

I guess no one bothers to check limitations before trying to grab something they think supports their position.:D

This study had a number of
limitations. First, not all of the
conditions that occur when OC
and restraint are employed in the
field could be reproduced in the
laboratory. Second, the effects
of prolonged sprays or repeated
exposures were not studied.
Third, all of the subjects were
cadets at the local police academy
and were generally healthy.
Fourth, the study did not investigate
the long-term effects of OC
exposure or the potential for complications
from chronic occupational
exposure to OC.

We are both believers and followers of Jesus Christ and ride motorcycles! We know each other from a motorcycle forum but met a couple of yeas ago in GA for dinner.

Why would the bolded line be necessary? Your Christian friend admires a man that compares Obama to Hitler. What verse is that allowed? I missed it.

no I'm sorry. there is absolutely no merit. that's why he's a nobody.
No merit to the idea that ignoring due process now could have bad repercussions later? You're just going to wave that away with nothing more than your bald assertion?

at least I'm not pepper-spraying or clubbing anybody. Tyrannical comment... so he gets to compare Obama to Hitler and I can't express my opinion?
When did I ever say you can't express your opinion? You can express it all day and I can tell you it stinks. Let me put it this way. If we did what you advocate and put surveillance on anyone who makes a political point that the president needs to go, this would be a tyranny.

Darkdog, where were you when the attorneys were screaming bloody murder while Bush was making all of this possible? Did you really think that the next Democratic President was going to reverse it?

Did you bother to read it? Because I found this within 3 seconds of opening the pdf.

Despite the success of OC spray, there
is growing concern about its safety, particularly
when exposure is combined with
positional restraint. A number of arrestees
exposed to OC, which induces coughing,
gagging, and shortness of breath, have
died in custody
—thus prompting the allegation
that OC inhalation places individuals
at risk for potentially fatal respiratory
compromise.1

:laugh2:

Did you read the whole article? Those people died in a restrained position and not in a sitting position! Read on!

Did you read the whole article? Those people died in a restrained position and not in a sitting position! Read on!

I read the first two paragraphs and realized how many limitations there were in the study and decided not to waste my time. You are going to have to give me something more reliable and valid and with fewer limitations when you attempt to generalize.:cool2:

Did you even read the first two paragraphs? If so, you would have quickly seen the words, "died in custody".

Why would the bolded line be necessary? Your Christian friend admires a man that compares Obama to Hitler. What verse is that allowed? I missed it.

I didn't place it in bold text!!! I don't judge my friends personal feelings much and I don't believe that was what he was trying to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back