death penalty too expensive?

What a crock of bs bullets cost from 2 to 20 dollars each you could line those people up in a row that way 1 bullet can kill more than 1 person this is just another idea by a lawyer trying to keep their clients alive intead of kickin the bucket

You clearly have no idea of how the death penalty works based on your "we can kill them in the most cost effective way possible for a few $ and a guy with a gun" proposal. The death penalty is expensive because of the legal process associated with it with multiple layers of appeals by prisoners who fear their execution and their family as well as expert witness fees, extensive research on the crime, etc etc etc. We don't get these issues when we deal with life imprisonment because prisoners are more content to remain in prison until they expire than to sit on death row for decades watching a clock tick the rest of their life away, but at the same time removing the appeals process and right to a fair trial would be a travesty.

Rope would be alot cheaper, you can use it again and again ....but then, i dont really support death penatly...the person who did the crime will have awful feeling and have to suffer, the way i think it...when they die they take the easy way out.

Hey bird you'll be singing a different tune if you were affected by those people murdering a relative...a friend of yours by burning or by knife or by gun or by rape you'll be thinking differently im not speaking for all those cases with techinicality bs but I am speaking for those who got caught "red-handed" with undeniable proofs should be on a fast track to a hanging why bs around... if you can't do the punishment don't do the crime plain and simple

Hey bowhawk I didn't think about the rope your right about that that's the cheapest way after all that's what they used on saddam hussein

Rope would be alot cheaper, you can use it again and again ....but then, i dont really support death penatly...the person who did the crime will have awful feeling and have to suffer, the way i think it...when they die they take the easy way out.

what about for twisted sickos who enjoyed killing or highly-dangerous career criminal?

Im sorry I no longer support death penalty. There are always chance that we would execute wrong person. Once execute the wrong person, we will never get that wrong person back and those families with that wrong person will be deeply resentment with us.

For violent murders, I would love send them to ADMAX prison for rest of life. ADMAX does numbers things to convicts mind, much worse than death penalty.

ADMAX is a place where a person will be in solitidary confidentment for the rest of life, with nothing to do except the private part. This can mess somebody mind, being there for 1 month is much like being there 6 months already, and it really screws one's externity, not pleasant one.

Hey bird you'll be singing a different tune if you were affected by those people murdering a relative...a friend of yours by burning or by knife or by gun or by rape you'll be thinking differently im not speaking for all those cases with techinicality bs but I am speaking for those who got caught "red-handed" with undeniable proofs should be on a fast track to a hanging why bs around... if you can't do the punishment don't do the crime plain and simple

Hey bowhawk I didn't think about the rope your right about that that's the cheapest way after all that's what they used on saddam hussein

Obviously being personally affected by the crime will automatically make the death penalty cheaper. Brilliant deduction and with such a witty pun to go with it.

Im sorry I no longer support death penalty. There are always chance that we would execute wrong person. Once execute the wrong person, we will never get that wrong person back and those families with that wrong person will be deeply resentment with us.
that's why it takes DECADES and money to execute one. that process significantly reduced the wrongful execution.

For violent murders, I would love send them to ADMAX prison for rest of life. ADMAX does numbers things to convicts mind, much worse than death penalty.

ADMAX is a place where a person will be in solitidary confidentment for the rest of life, with nothing to do except the private part. This can mess somebody mind, being there for 1 month is much like being there 6 months already, and it really screws one's externity, not pleasant one.
and what about the innocents? They can be framed for violent murders.

Waste of money spending defending a killer caught on camera seen by witnesses there's no reason to drag this out in court and waste taxpayers money when you have this kind of proof

Hey bird... don't like my point of view? Get over it you don't have to listen to anything I say nor reply to anything I say unless you have nothing better to do

Waste of money spending defending a killer caught on camera seen by witnesses there's no reason to drag this out in court and waste taxpayers money when you have this kind of proof
For criminals with crystal-clear proof, they already lost. It will not make any sense to contest the charge because by doing so - you will be sentenced to maximum prison time. You're talking about those "alleged" criminals with circumstantial proof. That's why prosecutors bargain with alleged criminals with reduced sentence in order to avoid costly court proceedings.

I miss the old days when it was simply...

"You're in violation of Section I, Subsection B."

Now, it's...

"You're in violation of Section II, Subsection D, Paragraph 1, Code 102, Policy 1E."

That's what you get when too many people start abusing the law and loopholes.

That's why we have too many stupid lawsuits... such as the famous hot-coffee-on-the-lap-against-McDonalds lawsuit.

Ever see Stella Awards?

The TRUE Stella Awards -- Exposing Lawsuit Abuse with Real Cases

What a bunch of cheap skates. :roll:

Of course...at least it would still prevent prisoners from going free anyway.

If they have very tight security and everything to prevent prisoners escaping that is. However...with some states abandoning the death penality, obviously the prisons will be overcrowed and everything so...

I dont COMPLETELY believe in death pentalty, unless the person is found 100% gulity for the crimes he commented, then may as well be terminated.

The justice system dont give very good judgement these days.

I miss the old days when it was simply...

"You're in violation of Section I, Subsection B."

Now, it's...

"You're in violation of Section II, Subsection D, Paragraph 1, Code 102, Policy 1E."

That's what you get when too many people start abusing the law and loopholes.

That's why we have too many stupid lawsuits... such as the famous hot-coffee-on-the-lap-against-McDonalds lawsuit.

Ever see Stella Awards?

The TRUE Stella Awards -- Exposing Lawsuit Abuse with Real Cases

Thanks for that link-it's great!

The death penalty might not give victims' loved ones much satisfaction, but it lets good people sleep at night knowing there's no chance the murderer will escape, or get out on parole. And I think the chance of an innocent person sentenced to death are very low, especially with all the advances in forensic science.

Back