your children ? Will you be able to have
a Good Peace at your home that way ?

Would you still prefer these murderers
get Death Penalty just
to protect your own children ? or NOT ?

NO to Death Penalty mean more Murderers
YES to Death Penalty mean less Murderers

Just think about this.

FYI: Texas is Famous For Supporting the Death Penalty....

:thumb:

I was thinking about creating a thread for those who want to discuss about capital punishments but you beat me to it:)
I think this thread should be moved to On topic debates though.

My thumb is DOWN.. for Texas (State) which quite too obession about Death pently..
Sound alike Eye for an eye!

Revenage kill you back fair is fair being you murdered innocent kid or adult wha...ever

Ridcouisly.. Send them away punishment long term.. will have no fun out there!

I wish prision have NO T.V. or sumth'n else.. That part of punishment as grounded for longer term.. instead of death pently..

I'm against Death Penalty period, I don't have a stomach for it ....

I am opposed to the death penalty in all cases because I feel it is morally wrong, unfairly applied, fraught with error, and a waste of taxpayer money and time. Our focus should be on educating young people and engaging in the lives of our poorest and most disadvantaged Americans to prevent the crimes from occurring in the first place, and actively rehabilitating lower level offenders to help prevent further crimes. Very few death penaltiy cases apply to individuals who did not in some way slip through the cracks many times before. The death penalty, I feel, is a declaration of our ultimate failure to love one another.

Jesus replied: 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' Matthew 22:37-39

I am against death penalty in fear an innocent person may be put to death by mistake which have happened several times in the past.

ButterflyGirl said:
I am against death penalty in fear an innocent person may be put to death by mistake which have happened several times in the past.

*second ya*

MorriganTait said:
I am opposed to the death penalty in all cases because I feel it is morally wrong, unfairly applied, fraught with error, and a waste of taxpayer money and time. Our focus should be on educating young people and engaging in the lives of our poorest and most disadvantaged Americans to prevent the crimes from occurring in the first place, and actively rehabilitating lower level offenders to help prevent further crimes. Very few death penaltiy cases apply to individuals who did not in some way slip through the cracks many times before. The death penalty, I feel, is a declaration of our ultimate failure to love one another.

Jesus replied: 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' Matthew 22:37-39

:gpost: Well said!!

This is another reason why I'm against Death Penalty is because some innocent people were put to death, and judges inculding juries etc can be wrong when they think this person acutally did it when it turn out they're innocent all along, beside some people use death penalty out of anger, and that shouldn't be the case either, I don't have a stomach for it nor want to see anyone put to death, that just me even I respect God and believe in Him and what it says in the Bible, but govenment can be wrong in alot of things, yet it cause people to take the death penalty a bit too far....

I'm not aware of an efficient measure in dealing with hardened criminals with extreme records yet. I don't want to vote with that lack of knowledge. What about putting pets to sleep because they bit someone or killed someone? Life is life... the trouble is, I don't think we comphrend the full extent of "life" to deal with its problems fairly. :dunno:

Liza said:
I'm not aware of an efficient measure in dealing with hardened criminals with extreme records yet. I don't want to vote with that lack of knowledge. What about putting pets to sleep because they bit someone or killed someone? Life is life... the trouble is, I don't think we comphrend the full extent of "life" to deal with its problems fairly. :dunno:

I understand.. er um..

How's about the TEKWAR ? Is that simlair likely frozen your body as put you sleep for another 10 years..
I bet that person gonna lost their mind and lost time for 10 yrs sleeping..

Put you sleep as same kill.. as condiser.

^Angel^ said:
:gpost: Well said!!

This is another reason why I'm against Death Penalty is because some innocent people were put to death, and judges inculding juries etc can be wrong when they think this person acutally did it when it turn out they're innocent all along, beside some people use death penalty out of anger, and that shouldn't be the case either, I don't have a stomach for it nor want to see anyone put to death, that just me even I respect God and believe in Him and what it says in the Bible, but govenment can be wrong in alot of things, yet it cause people to take the death penalty a bit too far....
:gpost: Well said there, ^Angel^!

Vengeance is mine, said the Lord.
'Course, some folk will attempt to "explain" that to fit their opinions.

Mod Note:

Thread was moved to on-topic debate-- ;)

Let's keep in mind, respect the opinions of others as this topic is indeed quite a sensitive and controversial one even if the opinion(s) of others doesn't match with your own views....

Thank you!

~RR

I support for the death penalty. The courts will judge people with the flesh only when breakin' the laws. A punishment ( jail ) should be given, dependin' on how bad the case is in a variety state.

And, for the souls after death, God will judge for his/her misdeeds/misconducts. I see no difference. One of the commandments say " Thou shall not kill " - otherwise you will receive a punishment through courts if, found guilty by evidences.

I forgot to add one more thing:

To get Death Penalty for the purpose
of "Revenge" or "Bad Politics"
is Wrong... That's NOT from the Lord
(Thats NOT acceptable in His Eyes )
That's a Different Ball-game here.

Some of you made some Good points
about "innocent" issues. Sure, I would be very
very upset if an innocent person got
the death penalty Eeek !! How do we know
for sure if he was innocent or not ?
Only the Lord knows. I somehow believe
IF the Lord knew this person was innocent,
then the Lord probably would NOT allow this
death penalty happen in the first place...
I might be wrong with this (just an opinion).

I'd like to ask and/or find out to see if
they have lower number of murderers in Texas
due to their famous Death Penalty Law...
Would this Death Penalty reduce
the number of Murderers or NOT ?

CRIMINOLOGISTS' VIEWS ON DETERRENCE AND THE DEATH PENALTY
A survey of experts from the American Society of Criminology, the Academy of Criminal Justice Sciences, and the Law and Society Association showed that the overwhelming majority did not believe that the death penalty is a proven deterrent to homicide. Over 80% believe the existing research fails to support a deterrence justification for the death penalty. Similarly, over 75% of those polled do not believe that increasing the number of executions, or decreasing the time spent on death row before execution, would produce a general deterrent effect.

http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org

Y said:
Why do you favor Death Penalty and/or
against Death Penalty ?

I´m for life sentence without parole..., not death penalty... To my opinion, the death sentence is not a punishment but revenge/murder. It teach people to revenge which its not right.

I ask question to myself:
Why do governments kill people to teach them it's not right to kill people ?

Reason Why I do support Death Penalty is to
respect God's choice of punishment
to control this world only because
we are His children.

Who told you that God support death penalty? Bible? It´s Author who wrote the bible, not God. I rather to listen God and Jesus myself, not Bible.

(Dear Leibling, I am trying to figure out
how to help and explain this
to you in a friendly way...I'm sure that
you do care about your own children
and your family.. What would you do
if your own children did NOT behave ? )

I has no problem for that but your question is a hypothetical. I try to answer what I can.

Do I understand you correct? "What would you do if your own children did NOT behave?" Do you mean that my children are crime?

If I understand your question correct... Well, you know that crimes have parents... It´s not easy for the parents to accept this situation what their children did.

Let's SUPPOSE IF there is NO Death Penalty
in your hometown area... then I am sure
many murderers/rapists would LOVE to
live across the street from your house
watching your children playing/running around
These Murderers will be rubbing their hands with
lots of "sicko" excitement and getting away with
anything they want to do with your own
children only because of NO Death Penalty,
NO Control, etc at your hometown.

Dear Leibling again, how do you feel if
you have many many murderers
live right next to you watching
your children ? Will you be able to have
a Good Peace at your home that way ?

Would you still prefer these murderers
get Death Penalty just
to protect your own children ? or NOT ?

NO to Death Penalty mean more Murderers
YES to Death Penalty mean less Murderers

Just think about this.

FYI: Texas is Famous For Supporting the Death Penalty....

:thumb:

Mmmmmmh May I ask you question?

Can you compare your country to Europe? I mean... highest crime rate, per capita, weakest gun restriction laws, imposes capital punishment in the western world?

Hmm?

Death Penalty? It do not solve anything... but revenge.. The family of crimes will come to you for revenge... Its about teach "revenge".

All what I say is: I´m glad that we do not have death penalty here in Germany. Yes I am agree with some of posts saying that judge put innocent people to death.... Every person are not prefect... no matter how the crimes are, has the right to be forgiven.

Example: Do you remember that Pope was shot? He visited Iraner in prison and FORGIVE him...

MorriganTait said:

A M E N

Don't you know that when a death row inmate can go to heaven after he prays to God for forgiveness and all.

He isn't going to hell after we execute him.

So would you rather have that inmate stay in prison for life and suffer just like we do or send him straight to heaven in peace?

I do support the death penalty under certain conditions.

FIRST: There must be a law that requires that the state pay for and test any DNA evidence available in the case. The same should go for any other forensic tests that can be run to make absolutely sure that the person being put to death is the correct one.

SECOND: That no joy is taken in the execution. It should be a solemn thing and it is always a tragedy when a life has gone so far astray that execution is necessary.

THIRD: That there is no excess suffering or torture. There is no sense in doing that.

I believe that murder, rape, and treason should be the three capital crimes. These are the crimes that can do the worst damage to lives and frankly, I don't think we can trust these kinds of people to go back out into society once they have done something like that. It isn't hatred that makes me say that--but rather the simple fact that we have no way to know whether or not they continue to pose a danger.

But, as I said in the other thread, if such a criminal truly has reformed, that will also come with an understanding that the earthly consequence of death is only temporary. I believe that a redeemed criminal will be taken to Heaven. Don't you remember the one man crucified alongside Jesus who asked for and received that promise? He committed the crime and served an earthly penalty for it--but you can be sure that man is still enjoying the blessings of Heaven. That is for God to know (not for me), and I trust that He will not withhold that from anyone who is truly deserving.

Back