Death Penalty (Opinion/Feedback)

Liebling:-))) said:
I knew in the beginning that God and Jesus do not support death penalty.
How do you know that?

Reba said:
We are discussing current laws. Jesus was crucified in a different era, under different laws than we have today. Jesus was innocent of all sin, and perfect under God's law.

:confused: You said in previous posts that you support death penatly because the bible says... and because God says so... :confused:

You can't compare His "trial" and execution with today's long, drawn out legal processes that protect the rights of the accused.

No, Jazzy do not compare Jesus´s trial and execution here but give you the example because some of you claimed that God´s word in the bible to support death penatly. What Jazzy said is correct. It´s impossible to deny Jazzy´s post because her post is logical, no comparison.

One interesting point; at the time that Jesus was actually being killed, He had taken upon Himself all the sins of the world. At that moment He was so "guilty" that even God couldn't look upon Him.

:confused: again because I thought you beleive that Jesus is a God... Huh? Now you talked about God and Jesus separately.

All what I know is Jesus told his Father to forgive people because they didn´t know what they did.

:confused: again because I thought you beleive that Jesus is a God... Huh? Now you talked about God and Jesus separately.
God the Father, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit are all and each God. They are individual but a unity.

All what I know is Jesus told his Father to forgive people because they didn´t know what they did.
Well, I'm glad that you know that much but that isn't the whole story.

I was taught to know that Jesus and God are good heart and forgiven people.
Who taught you about God? Where did they get their information; from the Bible?

Reba said:
We are discussing current laws. Jesus was crucified in a different era, under different laws than we have today. Jesus was innocent of all sin, and perfect under God's law. You can't compare His "trial" and execution with today's long, drawn out legal processes that protect the rights of the accused.

One interesting point; at the time that Jesus was actually being killed, He had taken upon Himself all the sins of the world. At that moment He was so "guilty" that even God couldn't look upon Him.
Really, where it says in the bible, God could not look upon Him? It was already in planned long before He came into a man. God already knew that.

I see how our system esp death penalty screw up and how do we know we don't kill the innocent ones alike they did to Jesus Christ in old days. we are no different from those people back then. We are still same blood as them, get rid of bad apples and keep good apples. It is not what I see in God who wrote those words in the bible. It is hard for me to accept whole truth in the bible esp when Moses killed a man then he wrote those words which everyone claimed it is the WORDS of God. Esp when he gave us out the 10 commandments then confuse us with other verses by getting rid of bad seeds. It is alike we are their judge and excute them because we believe they did it. I believe God is suppose to be the ones who decide who dies and lives, not us.

jazzy said:
Really, where it says in the bible, God could not look upon Him? It was already in planned long before He came into a man. God already knew that.
Matthew 27
46 And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

Mark 15
33 And when the sixth hour was come, there was darkness over the whole land until the ninth hour. 34 And at the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani? which is, being interpreted, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

Notice that Jesus says, "my God", not "my Father". During the time that the sin of the world was upon Him, Jesus and God did not have their Father/Son relationship.

God is holy and cannot look upon sin. He had to turn away from His own Son and let Him suffer alone. Such anguish! All because of our ugly sins and His tremendous love and grace for us.

This should emphasize for us how truly awful the crucifixion was for Jesus. It was not just the physical pain (that was awful indeed). It was also the separation. For the first time in eternity, Jesus and God were disconnected. Can you even imagine how lost and alone Jesus must have felt? :cold:

Reba said:
Matthew 27
46 And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

Mark 15
33 And when the sixth hour was come, there was darkness over the whole land until the ninth hour. 34 And at the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani? which is, being interpreted, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

Notice that Jesus says, "my God", not "my Father". During the time that the sin of the world was upon Him, Jesus and God did not have their Father/Son relationship.

God is holy and cannot look upon sin. He had to turn away from His own Son and let Him suffer alone. Such anguish! All because of our ugly sins and His tremendous love and grace for us.

This should emphasize for us how truly awful the crucifixion was for Jesus. It was not just the physical pain (that was awful indeed). It was also the separation. For the first time in eternity, Jesus and God were disconnected. Can you even imagine how lost and alone Jesus must have felt? :cold:

I felt torn by His death and pains. Your view of those words are somewhat different from me, I do not see God separate Him but allow Him to suffer greatest pain which must be so painful for God to experience it. How can God not to go thru this and felt it as Jesus Christ did.

Reba said:
Who taught you about God? Where did they get their information; from the Bible?

I was raised to being teach by teachers, churchs etc. thru Bible stories ;) but
I didn't know anything about striptures until JW friends shows me what striputures is when I was around 16 years old. I compared JW's scriputures with Roman Catholic scriputures. No word death penalty mentioned in the bibles until I learn from Christians belief for a first time HERE in forums.

It's hard for me to beleive that God and Jesus are for death penatly because I was raised to know that they are good heart and forgiven people, not murder, cold, revenge, bitter etc.

I learned for a first time is here that we have same scriptures in different bibles but word of authors's view are differently.

jazzy said:
I felt torn by His death and pains. Your view of those words are somewhat different from me, I do not see God separate Him but allow Him to suffer greatest pain which must be so painful for God to experience it. How can God not to go thru this and felt it as Jesus Christ did.

*nodding agreement* :( I feel pain when I saw him in Christ Passion movie... :cold: :tears:

I support Death Penalty too because I don't think the guilty criminals should get away with the crime, I rather to see them die in an electric chair suffer the way they did to their victims, If they go in prison and spend years in prison they will re-do their crimes again, or a lifetime in prison they get an air-conditioned, cable-equipped, gets free meals three times a day, and regular visits with friends and family is a slap in the face, That's bullcrap! I rather death penalty to prevents them from committing their crime again, protects innocent victims and not enjoying life in prison getting all those free things the same as living life outside of prison. How is that justice for the victims? You can never bring those victims back to life, Why should the criminals have all the fun? While the victims had to suffered?

I draw a great distinction between the death of the physical body and the death of the soul. This is why I think people were (and still are) put to death--because if that person HAS truly reformed, their eternal salvation means that death will be nothing more than a temporary interruption, no more than any other thing that might happen during our earthly lives. The man crucified next to Jesus, who accepted His salvation, still died--Jesus did not release him from that obligation. It also makes sense because in the process of accepting salvation, the man also accepted that what he had done was wrong. Therefore he could rest assured his punishment was only temporary. As I said before, you can be sure that man is in Heaven enjoying the same benefits of the eternal life as any person will who has turned his/her will over to God.

Rose Immortal said:
I draw a great distinction between the death of the physical body and the death of the soul. This is why I think people were (and still are) put to death--because if that person HAS truly reformed, their eternal salvation means that death will be nothing more than a temporary interruption, no more than any other thing that might happen during our earthly lives. The man crucified next to Jesus, who accepted His salvation, still died--Jesus did not release him from that obligation. It also makes sense because in the process of accepting salvation, the man also accepted that what he had done was wrong. Therefore he could rest assured his punishment was only temporary. As I said before, you can be sure that man is in Heaven enjoying the same benefits of the eternal life as any person will who has turned his/her will over to God.
:gpost:
Well put.

I was raised to being teach by teachers, churchs etc. thru Bible stories ;) but I didn't know anything about striptures until JW friends shows me what striputures is when I was around 16 years old. ...I learned for a first time is here that we have same scriptures in different bibles but word of authors's view are differently.
Where did the teachers, churches, etc., find out about God? Thru the BIBLE! You see, God tells us about Himself in the Bible.

Reba said:
Where did the teachers, churches, etc., find out about God? Thru the BIBLE! You see, God tells us about Himself in the Bible.

Yes, that´s right but we don´t do what Bible says. It´s difference...

Many beliefs claimed that we should follow what the bible says which I´m disagree to...

I enjoy myself to learn where I come from thru bible...

All what I thank God and Jesus to give me strength to acheive my life and learn to cope what wrong or right I make.

Back