Deafness and nightdreaming

Reaction score
Are you deaf in your dreams?
I am. I often have nightmares where there are no gruesome monsters nor aliens trying to kidnap me but people speaking to me and I can't understand them, or people ignoring me.
And lemme tell ya: these dreams do seem sooo real! :aw:

Gee I never notice if I am wearing a HA in my dreams or not. I will have to keep that in mind when I am sleeping.

Last edited:
I was born Deaf. I often dream that I have telepathy to communicate with anyone. Sometimes they didn't talk.

I was born Deaf. I often dream that I have telepathy to communicate with anyone. Sometimes they didn't talk.

Same here. Just, in my case it's daydreaming! :) If they asked me to choose a superpower I think I would definitely go for reading others' thoughts.

Same here. Just, in my case it's daydreaming! :) If they asked me to choose a superpower I think I would definitely go for reading others' thoughts.

You may not like being able to read other people thoughts , there are some sick people out there who may think about stuff you may not want to know. about .

Are you deaf in your dreams?
I am. I often have nightmares where there are no gruesome monsters nor aliens trying to kidnap me but people speaking to me and I can't understand them, or people ignoring me.
And lemme tell ya: these dreams do seem sooo real! :aw:

Sometimes I'm deaf in my dreams and sometimes not!

In my dream, I find myself alone separated from family members. I would be among animals in the forest (bush) and I could read their minds for communication. It was scary when I don't have any one to communicate with.

Most of my family in real life (not dreaming) don't communicate with me in sign language. They talked to me but I could not understand them completely only one to one but not very well understood. Only my grandfather used gestures to try to communicate with me.

In dreams, I have weird visions which had nothing to do with deafness. Usually when I woke up, I really don't remembered what I was dreaming and other times and if I do, it bothered me so much. I forget what it was now. That was ages ago. :cool2:

Take your pick . I would not be able to sleep if I could read the mind of Isis .

Me neither. Gosh, they're just sick in the head
I meant reading the minds of the people I meet everyday :lol: e.g. the cashier at the grocery store. Mind-reading would actually overcome deafness and there would be no more misunderstandings. Well, I'm aware that I might also discover that the cashier is a brutal murderer as well :lol:

Bebonang said:
Most of my family in real life (not dreaming) don't communicate with me in sign language. They talked to me but I could not understand them completely only one to one but not very well understood. Only my grandfather used gestures to try to communicate with me.
Neither we use sign language. Some of my relatives don't even care for me to understand them. Screw them!

I wanted to scream into the ears of a deaf girl, because he would not give me a contact and she said, "there's no need to scream so strong, my hearing is still good!"
pity for contact .... but with the ebola around, better so :D

I wanted to scream into the ears of a deaf girl, because he would not give me a contact and she said, "there's no need to scream so strong, my hearing is still good!"
pity for contact .... but with the ebola around, better so :D

WTF!
Prima reazione: non ho capito un tubo, magari adesso rileggo!
*rileggo*
Seconda reazione: sei più scemo di quello che pensavo.

WTF!
Prima reazione: non ho capito un tubo, magari adesso rileggo!
*rileggo*
Seconda reazione: sei più scemo di quello che pensavo.

and who knows why ... I have dreamed of this and I wrote it here :D

now is to be hoped that others will not understand anything Italian ... maybe not know how to use google translator :)

and who knows why ... I have dreamed of this and I wrote it here :D

now is to be hoped that others will not understand anything Italian ... maybe not know how to use google translator :)

I fear they can use it better than you can, I just am not sure whether anybody gives a f### about the two of us. :D

(Madò, adoro la praticità dell'inglese.. in italiano sarebbe "Temo che sappiano usarlo meglio di quanto non sappia farlo tu, è solo che non sono sicura ci sia qualcuno a cui possa fregare un fiho sehho di noi due" :cool2:)

is a problem?

prova a far accavallare le gambe stile Sharon stone... e vedrai quanti ti si filano... :D

I am usually hearing in my dreams, I was born that way. However it happened to me once that I self-censored myself. I was dreaming I was in a restaurant with some female-friends speaking in English, when one of them whispered something into my ear and I replied. Then my subconscious stopped the flow, like a director's voice from outside, saying "Wait, you can't do that anymore" and the dream/scene was "cut". LOL!

Ai due terroni qua sopra gli dico di andarsene a fare in c...o! Avete il cervello proporzionale al vostro pistolino.

Back