Deafblind Forum?

Hear Again

Reaction score
I'm curious to know how many ADers would like to see a forum specifically for the deafblind? It would be a place where people with combined vision and hearing loss (as well as their friends and family) could discuss topics such as adaptive computer software/technology, orientation and mobility, deafblind resources, alternative communication techniiques (tactile sign, close range sign, CART, CIs) information on Usher's Syndrome and other conditions that cause deafblindness, etc.

I'm curious to know how many ADers would like to see a forum specifically for the deafblind? It would be a place where people with combined vision and hearing loss (as well as their friends and family) could discuss topics such as adaptive computer software/technology, orientation and mobility, deafblind resources, alternative communication techniiques (tactile sign, close range sign, CART, CIs) information on Usher's Syndrome and other conditions that cause deafblindness, etc.

I have seen several post regarding to this issue and it sure would be nice to see something like that. They're a lot of deaf blind people.. Just not enough people realize that...

I know we have some deafblind in AD.

I work with guide dogs for the blind in puppy raiser program. I also vote to see a thread on this subject.

Wow, just found this forum.... Yes. I would like to see a Deaf-blind forum. I sure have lots of questions! :D

^^^^^^ Echo!

Also want to know how a deaf-blind can use computer if one can't see at all. Where do one get that equipment as I heard it can be very expensive? I want to know everything that there is to Deaf-Blind's way of coping and getting around. Does a Deaf-Blind person have to get someone if one want to go food shopping, etc? Can that person go alone?

Yeah, sure, why not; we all need to find our CENTER. How about it, Alex?

That's good idea. Why not we need to have a DeafBlind Forum? Because I has RP and Usher syndrome. I am for it.

It is a good suggestion. :) It would be good for deaf-blind to share their experiences.

ThAT a brilliant idea to have a Deaf-blind forum as it would be interesting to get some idea and tips on how they live their lives as a Deaf-Blind person.

Never know that one can happen to urself and not being prepared for it so would like to see this happening!!

So mods....what's the verdict? There seems to be alot of support for this idea. I'd be happy to moderate the forum if you need a mod.

I really think this would be a good thing for ADers (and their friends/families) who may be experiencing vision loss and don't know what kind of resources or technology are available for people who are deafblind. (I've already been PMed by various ADers asking me how I use a computer, so it's apparent that people are interested in this information.)

I used to co-facilitate a support group for the deafblind, so I have plenty of information and resources that I can share.

I'm for a deafblind forum within AD. At least the deafblind will have a forum to discuss their own feelings, advancements in technology, plus meet more sighted deafies and teach them a lot what being deafblind is like. it would open up a lot of eyes here.

Ive expreienced what being with a deafblind person is like. Opened my eyes wider to what they can do.

Back