Deaf Woman woke up with men working on her roof

SneakerNet

Retired
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm sure you heard the rumor by now. For those who didn't, click the link below, from Daily Moth, watch it at the end of the video at 14:35 and tell me if you believe there's something wrong with it?

Why don't you share your thoughts with us?

That she should have installed a deaf friendly doorbell in the first place answered the door and none of this would happen?

Contractors made a mistake demolishing the roof if an owner's absence?

It's a mistake and it can happen to anyone regardless of deafness and hearing.

https://media.tenor.co/images/f3a13eea23987de8e7259e0d87b8af21/raw

Last edited:
Barbaro, You did good, it's the second one down. Here's the example, smoke alarm right? Family live in the house and some went out for the evening. Suddenly the house was on fire due to faulty repair on electrical systems day before. One person died in the house. Firefighter put the fire out and found no smoke alarm in the house. Now who's responsible for death in a family, electrical repairman? or Family (because they ignore not having smoke alarm in the house)? So same thing with Deaf woman ignore of not having doorbell signaler installed. She neglected it. Contractors did tried to knock on the door and no response at all. So Contractor had to start working on the roof because time is money...you know? They have very busy schedule and no room for error. Finally, it's not about the wrong address, Contractor did tried to knock on the door to verify if they got the right address, hence, no one answered.

Last edited:
Well, It would be a terrible tragedy. I believe it's both of their faults. Like Charles Barkley said, "Everybody lost in this scenario."

I have no idea why she didn't purchase flashing light doorbell or strobe signaler or whatever it is. Maybe she can't afford it. Maybe she could save it up. If she is a heavy sleeper, she may sleep through flashing light unless she needs one lamp without a lampshade and it will wake her up.

I tire of people fighting over who is at fault. Often many people. I assume the contractor is now responsible for putting a new roof on the woman's house, which will cost plenty, and I pray the lady had health insurance.

I tire of people fighting over who is at fault. Often many people. I assume the contractor is now responsible for putting a new roof on the woman's house, which will cost plenty, and I pray the lady had health insurance.
Or birth control.

I hired a Lowie's contractor for install ceiling fans at my house but, They never come or late for 2 weeks. I fired them! They are poor service.

So, I use a home advisor app on my iPhone for easy communicate with text and email. I hired them.

Although it has been years since I have spoken with her, I was friends with her. When I used to go to her house years ago, she had one. Dunno why she doesn't have one now.
I was shocked to see her name on the news and that this happened to her.

Back