Deaf woman dies on I-5 after vehicle breakdown

My heart goes out to the daughter now without her mother.....

Sable has pulled me off the sidewalk 2 times in down town with people jumping the curb in their cars. It is just not safe, hearing or not.

God, that's just... So many minute details have yet to point to the truth, but this thread is a good reminder to remain aware of your surroundings at all times. Bless your heart Christine.

According to police:

Troopers say Christine did the right thing in getting her car to the shoulder of the road. They can't say for sure whether she would've been safer had she gotten out of the vehicle once she pulled it onto the shoulder. That, too, can be risky.

It's still unclear whether the semi driver in this case veered onto the shoulder of the road, or if a small portion of Christine's car was sticking out onto the roadway. The investigation is ongoing and charges against the semi driver have not yet been ruled out.

:mad: Why didn't police charge against semi driver for driving RECKLESSLY?!????!?!?

The investigation should not take too long on the site.
I've seen police in Europe/Russia do measure the accident, and give the accident report right away. Why can't American cops do the same?

questions questions questions, who to blame
at this point why would that matter, I think looking to blame someone for an "accident that was not intended" and yes I meant to word it that way.
I am sure the truck driver had done his best driving but still may have clipped the car, maybe she was 1 inch out to far, maybe her husband should have kissed her and that would have delayed the trip to avoid this. maybe the green light she caught had been red she would have been somewhere else by the time of 30 seconds. Maybe if the governor had gotten a beagle dog as a pet we he was 5 that dogs great grand puppy could have ran in front of her slowing her down before she made it to the I5. Lots of IFs
My point!!!! Accidents happen, I am sure without pointing a finger that everyone feels bad.
2ed point
again "accidents happen", "war could be prevented"
I see many trying to point a finger over an accident but never over war.
I am not defending the truck driver but I am sure when he got up that morning "who can I hit today" was not the first thing he thought of.
The fact is there is a man without a wife and a daughter without a mother.
Sometimes $hit happens. Oh how about "It was her time, God wanted her back" I really hate that one.
BTW I too am "daughter without a mother" but I do not point fingers.

WOW! I am just being mouthy today. I need more paper work to do.

Sorry meant to clarify "accident that was not intended"

I know some go out looking for an accident to have so they might get a nice large settlement. Then if it is that then is was not an accident by title

Really? How do you really prove that truck drivers is really reckless? There is no camera, no recording of any kind which is making it more difficult to determine, in Europe, they got camera everywhere which makes it easy for them to figure out, why would we want camera everywhere here? I wouldn't want that to happen as it never intended to happen in America.

And in America legal, if prosecutor fails to provide enough evidence to Jury, that is not up to the judge to decide, but juror can decide whether the charged suspect is guilty or not, One mistake, the charges automatically dropped and suspect walks away. This is one of reason why investigators won't rush until they have enough HARD evidences to press charge beforehand, remember Double Jeopardy is not allowed in America, once acquitted, and later found hard evidence, its as good as DEAD case.

By the way, why there is highway having stripes of dimples on the shoulders? Thats because it is damn common for drivers to drift onto shoulders, that INCLUDES yourself, buddy when you drift into shoulder, you would feel vibration on your vehicle, right? Its there for reason, and it does not automatically means that they are reckless.

According to police:

:mad: Why didn't police charge against semi driver for driving RECKLESSLY?!????!?!?

The investigation should not take too long on the site.
I've seen police in Europe/Russia do measure the accident, and give the accident report right away. Why can't American cops do the same?

Sorry meant to clarify "accident that was not intended"

I know some go out looking for an accident to have so they might get a nice large settlement. Then if it is that then is was not an accident by title
If it's sought out or planned, then it's not an accident. "Accident that was not intended" is redundant.

The police don't even use the word accident on their reports anymore. They refer to them as wrecks or collisions.

Back