"deaf Takes A Holiday" Available At Amazon.com

Chase

Premium Member
Reaction score
Chase, an AllDeaf member and deaf author, writes a mystery novel featuring a deaf amateur detective, an amateur interpreter confined to a wheelchair, and a dyslectic deputy assigned as a law-enforcement liaison.

Deaf_Takes_a_Holiday.jpg

Losing his hearing in the first gulf war, Les Huntsman's life spirals downward. Once a rising presence in the history department of a small Montana college, he feels he can no longer teach effectively, his fiancée drifts away, and he retreats to an ancestral home in the mountains. Rehab at a VA hospital does little to deal with the invisible effects of deafness and post-traumatic stress.

To augment disability benefits and meager monies made at shooting contests, his deafie skills tip the odds in his favor at poker tables. These and his knack for getting to the bottom of minor mysteries earns him enough to get by, not to mention get noticed. When a group of ex-law enforcement and court officers are dissatisfied with how local police handle the death of a popular sheriff, they employ Les to snoop.

Les has one mission: Probe a crime scene already in jurisdictional dispute by city, county, and federal reservation authorities. His helpers are an interpreter for the deaf and a rookie deputy sheriff, both with challenges of their own. Will Les catch the culprit? Or is he the next target?

www.amazon.com/ Books: Deaf Takes a Holiday by Charles Land. Print or e-book.

Good enough! I bought it and look forward to reading it. :)

:ty: so much, Bott. I hope you enjoy the story and how it's told. :ily:

I, too, ordered the book last night! U gonna start coming around more now, Chase? Be nice if you would.....

I, too, ordered the book last night! U gonna start coming around more now, Chase? Be nice if you would.....

Hi, Tousi. Nice to see you again. Yes, I do plan to hang around AllDeaf more. I miss the deaf and hard-of-hearing community. The world of hearies is okay, but too many audists think they understand the problems of deafness when they really don't have a clue.

Yes it would be nice. I've wondered how you have been doing.
:ty:, Secretblend. I still edit stories and books for other writers, but after I finished my book about a late-deafened detective, I think I need to take it easy and get back with fellow deafies. :gossip::grouphug::slap:

That's pretty cool, Chase. Is it on goodreads,too?? I've seen lots of deaf books on goodreads. I will read the book when I have time.

The library just called me back and said they're trying to buy your book from Amazon , I said it was written by a deaf person on a deaf forum I use and the librarian
was really excited to hear this . It will take a little longer buying your book this way but the library are trying to . :)

Back