Deaf Studies!

prisca

Reaction score
I am super excited! Years ago, I wanted to be an Interpreter Education at this community college that's an hour away from me, but I was talked out of it by my parents and I had no encouragement from anyone. I fell in love with the language, the culture, and I wanted to be able to communicate to any deaf person I came across with.

Well now, I found my passion again to become an interpreter because of all the recent news about all of these fake interpreters signing bullcrap (excuse my language) just to make a quick buck. Like.. that was so disrespectful and now interpret see why so many Deaf people dislike us Hearing folk people of how we wither make fun or disrespect their language. There's a huge need of more interpreters and I'm worried that there aren't enough legit interpreters so I want to be one who will give them the same information us Hearing people are receiving.

So I found that same school but the Interpreter Education is no longer available sadly, BUT they have Deaf Studies... and I'm gonna start with that this fall. By that time, I'll be married to the love of my life, live only 15 or 20 minutes away from that school, and finally do what I always wanted to do with confidence and excitement. I can't wait to be involved with the Deaf community, make new friends, and be on this awesome never ending journey of going beyond just knowing basic signs. Truly excited!

Please, can you help me learning the real and correct sings language? do u have any tutorials as videos, pics or texts that follows an efficient pedagogy to learn.. Thank you!

Please, can you help me learning the real and correct sings language? do u have any tutorials as videos, pics or texts that follows an efficient pedagogy to learn.. Thank you!
I use 3 sources for now until I go to school in the fall..
1)Lifeprint.com
2)Handspeak.com
3)And on YouTube, I watch ASLRochelle

I use 3 sources for now until I go to school in the fall..
1)Lifeprint.com
2)Handspeak.com
3)And on YouTube, I watch ASLRochelle
These are great resources. Lifeprint also has a facebook page that is useful. Keep in mind that "real" and "correct" might not be so simple because of regionalisms and dialects which exist in ASL, the same as any spoken language.

Back