Deaf School vs. Mainstreaming..Pros and Cons?- Poston

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not again, why do this have to be repeated like other forum?
Get it done and move on.

And I will turn this around and call you a deaftard until I see your plans become a reality. Don't say I can't do that otherwise you'd be a hypocrite.

Wanna come out and admit something? ;)

How am I a dropout if I have repeatedly stated that I have graduated from NTID with some credits in RIT classes? Again, where's your common sense? Oh yeah, you had none to begin with. Guess your argument is flawed.

Not again, why do this have to be repeated like other forum?
Get it done and move on.

Because they're like a bad girlfriend who still loves me. They just can't let me go. Even my Fiancee completely agrees with this.

How am I a dropout if I have repeatedly stated that I have graduated from NTID with some credits in RIT classes? Again, where's your common sense? Oh yeah, you had none to begin with. Guess your argument is flawed.

What I am saying is general. It has nothing to do with you dropping out.

And we all know your fiancee agrees with you. Don't remind us of that.

I dropped out of college. I whine. and I am a mainstreamed student with no deaf education and no ASL from K-12

What I am saying is general. It has nothing to do with you dropping out.

And we all know your fiancee agrees with you. Don't remind us of that.

Then you'll have to rephrase your earlier comment regarding me because it simply does not make sense.

I'll keep reminding you and your carebears until you all start to develop some common sense.

Didn't you post in Vampyro's thread about how you would lie to, and abuse other people based on religion? And you answered no to his question? I have a question: Why are you lying to and verbally abusing other deaf people such as me?

Should I make a post in the weight thread so all the women here on AD who does not live up to your belief of what the average woman should look like see how hateful you are to women who are not skinny?

Hmm. My point of view:

In a mainstreamed school, deaf students have a chance to interact with other hearing people and their hearing and deaf peers at the same time which prepares them better for the hearing world that we all live in. They're also able to learn educational stuff at the same pace as everyone else.

At a Deaf school, they're only with other Deaf students and they usually think themselves superior to hearing people... and I've noticed that the classes being taught towards Deaf students were at least 5 grades behind, even for the "gifted" students. For example, weather/days of the week/months/seasons were being taught at 6th grade at a Deaf school whereas at a mainstreamed school, students were taught the same subjects in either kindergarten or first grade.

I've always felt that Deaf institutions that has an away-from-home program in which students sleep at the school during the week is just an excuse for their parents to be rid of their children and not be really that involved with their educational upbringing.

I've observed that deaf children at a mainstream school are well-behaved compared to the deaf students that only go to a deaf school.

Just my point of view. :)

Hmm. My point of view:

In a mainstreamed school, deaf students have a chance to interact with other hearing people and their hearing and deaf peers at the same time which prepares them better for the hearing world that we all live in. They're also able to learn educational stuff at the same pace as everyone else.

At a Deaf school, they're only with other Deaf students and they usually think themselves superior to hearing people... and I've noticed that the classes being taught towards Deaf students were at least 5 grades behind, even for the "gifted" students. For example, weather/days of the week/months/seasons were being taught at 6th grade at a Deaf school whereas at a mainstreamed school, students were taught the same subjects in either kindergarten or first grade.

I've always felt that Deaf institutions that has an away-from-home program in which students sleep at the school during the week is just an excuse for their parents to be rid of their children and not be really that involved with their educational upbringing.

I've observed that deaf children at a mainstream school are well-behaved compared to the deaf students that only go to a deaf school.

for all people who favor mainstreamed, I do too. But do you favor ASL in mainstreamed?

Hmm. My point of view:

And Mari, I do agree with that point of view.

I have observed how most deaf students who are from a deaf school tend to act superior whereas most deaf students who were mainstreamed do not.

I have often found myself interacting with hearing people at an intelligent level. You are correct that deaf schools are not teaching their students the proper tools such as science, math, and social studies at normal rate.

Mod Note:

Thread's closed for the time being, the belittling, name-calling, etc., needs to end--otherwise, take it elsewhere.

Thread may be re-opened at a later time while allowing things to 'cool' down some.

~RR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back