Deaf School vs. Mainstreaming..Pros and Cons?- Poston

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just want to let y'all know that the info i got on the current situation is all second hand info.. and I can't find out if it is true or not.. because I don't know the website for the school, and there is another reason but it's a REAL long story.

You're going to have to show me what you mean by "not acknowledging your and your fellow forum users' weaknesses".

Like how you always don't think about how it's your schools' fault for not properly teaching you.

Just like you thought in your essay that any sentence beginning with "Meaning" was acceptable by a lot of professors.

Well, you have said that mainstreamed schools are more mature. Then you have said that deaf schools are more mature too. Which is more mature?

Mainstreamed schools is more mature. That's what I meant.

Mainstreamed schools is more mature. That's what I meant.

Ok ..can u be more specific?

When I was watching the show "Through Deaf Eyes" , I was impressed by the maturity of that high school senior from MSD.

Also, I was labeled as socially immature up to high school and I was mainstreamed all of my life. Looking back, I know why..I was left out all the time and couldnt catch everything being said among my hearing peers so as a result, I was socially immature. I gotta admit, my teachers were right. Man..I didnt know shit and I lived thru books. Pretty pathetic, huh?

Ok ..can u be more specific?

When I was watching the show "Through Deaf Eyes" , I was impressed by the maturity of that high school senior from MSD.

Great, MSD appeals to you. I'm happy for you. But the topic is about deaf schools are like in general.

Great, MSD appeals to you. I'm happy for you. But the topic is about deaf schools are like in general.

This question doesnt make sense. I asked if u can be more specific and I was referring to that student on the show. MSD has nothing to do with it. If u think kids from deaf schools are immature, that is your opinion...I just disagree cuz I think there are mature and immature people in both deaf and public schools. It depends on the individual and how they were raised.

This question doesnt make sense. I asked if u can be more specific and I was referring to that student on the show. MSD has nothing to do with it. If u think kids from deaf schools are immature, that is your opinion...I just disagree cuz I think there are mature and immature people in both deaf and public schools. It depends on the individual and how they were raised.

And you don't make sense saying MSD is a better school than other schools. I have yet to see you do a fair comparison between MSD and a deaf school of your choice.

And you don't make sense saying MSD is a better school than other schools. I have yet to see you do a fair comparison between MSD and a deaf school of your choice.

Where did I say that MSD was better than other schools? In one thread I said yes, deaf schools have flaws just as public schools do.

Where did I say that MSD was better than other schools? In one thread I said yes, deaf schools have flaws just as public schools do.

Then you just contradicted yourself.

I'm curious, why did you choose MSD as your example? Why not Texas School for the Deaf? Why not NY School for the Deaf?

Then you just contradicted yourself.

I'm curious, why did you choose MSD as your example? Why not Texas School for the Deaf? Why not NY School for the Deaf?

Wow..u are totally confusing me..how did I contradict myself?If I said those EXACT words "MSD is better than all the schools." then I would be wrong. Now, where did I say that? Pls show me where did I say that? If it was about using MSD as my examples then u are assuming that I was thinking that way in which u are totally wrong.

Thanks for asking finally..maybe if u had asked before jumping on me u would understand where I am coming from.

First of all...about how impressed I was with that student the show "Through Deaf Eyes" interviewed was from MSD. Has nothing to do with MSD itself..it was about that student. If he was from Florida School for the Deaf..I would have said the school's name.

2nd of all..I used MSD as my example is cuz I WORK there! I know about MSD's programs so that is why I used its examples not the others. I dont know about the other schools so how can I use them as examples if I dont know about their programs??? If I say New York for the deaf is this or that and gave the wrong info just simply because I dont know much about that school, that would make me wrong and surely piss people off who attended there or work there. I know there are many great deaf schools out there so I dont know where your idea about me saying MSD is better than other schools is coming from. :ugh3:
That make it clear?

I used Arizona Schools for the Deaf as another example when I mentioned about collaboration so...:dunno:

Like how you always don't think about how it's your schools' fault for not properly teaching you.

Can you show me where I have said that?

Just like you thought in your essay that any sentence beginning with "Meaning" was acceptable by a lot of professors.

Can you show me that I thought beginning any sentence with "Meaning" was acceptable?

Kahyr@DS said:
I do have some errors but it is not as exaggerated as you seem to think so.

Can you show me where I have said that?

Can you show me that I thought beginning any sentence with "Meaning" was acceptable?

I can. I could just watch you converse with person in real life and see how you behave towards other people then when you're done, I could point out so many things that's wrong with how you want people to perceive you as.

You thought it was acceptable just because a NTID professor says so. I can guarantee you that a lot of RIT professors will not agree with your Psychology Professor.

Trust me, your errors are visibly disturbing enough to make me grind my teeth. See how you're denying that your errors is that bad? You just basically implied that I'm right.

Wow..u are totally confusing me..how did I contradict myself?If I said those EXACT words "MSD is better than all the schools." then I would be wrong. Now, where did I say that? Pls show me where did I say that? If it was about using MSD as my examples then u are assuming that I was thinking that way in which u are totally wrong.

Thanks for asking finally..maybe if u had asked before jumping on me u would understand where I am coming from.

First of all...about how impressed I was with that student the show "Through Deaf Eyes" interviewed was from MSD. Has nothing to do with MSD itself..it was about that student. If he was from Florida School for the Deaf..I would have said the school's name.

2nd of all..I used MSD as my example is cuz I WORK there! I know about MSD's programs so that is why I used its examples not the others. I dont know about the other schools so how can I use them as examples if I dont know about their programs??? If I say New York for the deaf is this or that and gave the wrong info just simply because I dont know much about that school, that would make me wrong and surely piss people off who attended there or work there. I know there are many great deaf schools out there so I dont know where your idea about me saying MSD is better than other schools is coming from. :ugh3:
That make it clear?

I used Arizona Schools for the Deaf as another example when I mentioned about collaboration so...:dunno:

And how does a show prove anything about MSD? Shows are not fairly accurate. If you want the real facts, don't base them on a show. Working at a deaf school does not make it look good. I could say I work at NTID or Galladuet but at the end of the day, I could say, "I hate working there because of (insert any common reason here.)" It's an unwritten fact that most people dislike their jobs they find themselves in.

I can. I could just watch you converse with person in real life and see how you behave towards other people then when you're done, I could point out so many things that's wrong with how you want people to perceive you as.

This doesn't answer my question.

You thought it was acceptable just because a NTID professor says so. I can guarantee you that a lot of RIT professors will not agree with your Psychology Professor.

I'm sorry if you thought I had an NTID professor in which he wasn't anything remotely close to being such one.

Trust me, your errors are visibly disturbing enough to make me grind my teeth. See how you're denying that your errors is that bad? You just basically implied that I'm right.

I said I do have some errors. I haven't denied it flat out. Please don't put words in my mouth. :<

Shel90, you should ignore much of RITCount's posts since he has done the same baseless posts on Deaf Summit. You can see for yourself with his user name "DeafBigBoss". Much of his posts are ridiculed by the other posters.

Now let's get back on topic. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back