Deaf product production help

marcyp06

Reaction score
I have a product idea that I would really like to see manufactured and marketed. But I dont have the startup money to do it myself. Some people have suggested using kickstarter but I dont know if even that is an option. Ideally I would just like to talk to a company who already makes products for Deaf people and give them my idea and hope they run with it. Any suggestions? I have no idea where to start.

http://www.alldeaf.com/parenting/112782-vibrating-bracelet-idea.html

Before you talk to any companies, I would secure rights to the idea.

Also, look into things like watches which can do the same thing. Once apple comes out with it's watch, will this type of product still be viable?

why don't you make the poll vote to see if anyone of us to vote and then will add to post something to say. Hope it helps.

Just strap a dog shock collar on them and then press the remote when ya need their attention!:twisted:

Not a bad idea but I don't think you can secure the rights to an idea, you need to build a prototype and then apply for patent etc.. BTW how many of us have phone that vibrate and we don't feel them or just ignore them for ages and finally answer... if you think a kid who is playing happily is gonna stop what they are doing cuz their watch is vibrating, you are kinda in a dream world. the kid who would respond to it are the one who would not run off in the first place... IMHO

If you have an idea to create a product, you need money or a shark investion to share the profits also don't forget patent to prevent people stealing your idea.

Just strap a dog shock collar on them and then press the remote when ya need their attention!

I didn't think of that. If the dog collar technology exist, I'd be surprised if something similar didn't also exist for this idea.

About a dozen years ago I had a simple vibrating pager. My boss would press the button, which hung on a cord, and the unit in my pocket would vibrate to alert me. So yeah, the idea has been around a long long time.

QUOTE=VacationGuy234;2221015]Before you talk to any companies, I would secure rights to the idea.

Also, look into things like watches which can do the same thing. Once apple comes out with it's watch, will this type of product still be viable?[/QUOTE]

I want to be able to push a button to "page" the bracelet. Does that exist in a watch? I know you can set watch vibrate timer but cant find one I can page...

About a dozen years ago I had a simple vibrating pager. My boss would press the button, which hung on a cord, and the unit in my pocket would vibrate to alert me. So yeah, the idea has been around a long long time.

Yes I have used those. But my student and kiddo at home don't like to carry around. Which seems like bracelet idea would work better...

Still any suggestions helpful on who/where I can go to build on what is already out there.

Before you talk to any companies, I would secure rights to the idea.

Also, look into things like watches which can do the same thing. Once apple comes out with it's watch, will this type of product still be viable?

I heard of a boy that came up an idea for a tool and went to store to see if they would sell. The store stole the boy's idea ! I think he only got a little money for it as he did not secure rights to the idea.

Back