deaf people should get ALONG with hearing people

I guess you are hearing.... You have no respect for us deafies... why should you come in here.... you have no right to insult us...... so be it... You have NO right to judge us deafies.. SHADDUP...

He's deaf and graduated in same year as mine.

Please be nice to him, also he's not try to be rude to you.

Also, I'm sorry that you feel like that.

Well maybe deaf people didn't reply to other hearing people in the public very much because they can't communicate with them or if they signs, then hearing people will stare at them like they are from Mars.

EXACTLY!

-------------------------------------------------
I agree with Metroguy, because I was raised in the hearing world. I noticed that a deaf kid did not say "thank you " to the bus driver, and deaf people NEED TO change their attitudes towards hearing people. I feel totally mortified because deaf people have bad attitudes and because of that, hearing world does not want to be with us.
A question for you: DO YOU WANT TO BE AROUND WITH RUDE PEOPLE OF ANY KIND? I don't want to be around them especially those who are demanding, grumpy, or even culturally separated!

We, deaf people need to change our ways, and change them NOW!

Well, it's depends on people, deaf and hearing people are just same.

I have alot of respect with hearing people at my work, also most of them are great.

For me, I wear baggy jean with t-shirt, just mixed with skateboard and hip hop.

I don't know if it's me but I find most hearing people to be more friendly than deaf people. :dunno:

P.S. Don't attack me for saying that.

i agree alex

and PLUS my family since they are hearings taught me how to be friendly to hearing people and i am friendly to them smile

sexyporkie, you need to try not to be so rude about us the ADers opnions thank you and don't tell us to shut up that is rude word

I don't think it's as easy as all that. Some deaf people find it very hard to communicate with hearing people and as such, they will avoid as much contact as they can if they don't know them. Plus, some hearing people can be very rude and impatient with deaf people if they do not understand what is being said straightaway. Those sighs, rolled eyes etc can be soul destroying for a deaf person.

I experienced that when I suddenly lost my residual hearing. I avoided hearing people that I didn't know because I knew I would struggle with the conversation. I'm sure I must have seemed rude, because I wouldn't look at them in the eye, really. It was only when I got a CI that I regained my previous confidence to deal with hearing people I was not familiar with.

Yes R2D2 your right!
LMM had to relay call her Deaf center this morning cuz of this same promble w/ a hearing person at the hospital she goes too. They wanted her to been see w/o an terp. When she try to write back & forth on paper they didn't understand her & she didn't understand the English. the lady made it as LMM fault, And that she's a trouble for the them there. After she contact her good friend this morning, He made her feel better. But she told me , She's still very upset about the lady who hire's terps for the Deaf at the hospital. She feels the lady wants not to be bother of having to hire terps. And/or help the Deaf. Is this fair? In LMM mind heck no!
People like this lady makes bad for the Deaf. Because their are people who Do want and care for Deaf. Just like the Center LMM have contact with. LMM cares deeply for all of them. They have help her more then her words can express!
The hearing world shouldn't make the Deaf feel, They are a burden on us. If we work with the Deaf, It's our right & duty to make them feel as comfortble as needed. If they need a person to sign for them , thats their right's. We shouldn't take that away from them.

BTW LMM is very friendly! She even trys to help people understand the Deaf. But when they brake her trust, Yes it's hard for them to gain it back.
She can't thank her Deaf friends who work w/her enough. Yes, I said that right Deaf friends even thou they have 100% hearing , They are Deaf. They work for the Cap Deaf/deaf/hh ppl. They are part of the Deaf.
She wanted me to say "Thank you to all of them", Because they read this message board. She will see them in the morning.

Deaf people can teach us their Culture, If we take time to understand them . Not brake their trust in us. they have alot to offer the hearing culture. If we listen to them. Which I know her (LMM) Center & I do.
I will never actully understand what LMM or other Deaf go throu, But I have watched & seen what she does go throu. It break my heart. Because I know she trys so hard for other to understand. When I see the break the trust link, I feel is LMM going to break? Sometimes she does, Other times she keeps trying. You have to really wonder what goes throu her mind?
I don't know exactlly how shes handling what happen Friday, But I hope she lets it pass her. When she signs about Friday, You see the hurt in her eyes & in her signing. thats why I don't believe she's going to just let it pass.
People have hurt her in the past, She hasn't forgiving them yet! She has wanted too, But people don't know how to just drop somethings. They think it's her fault, When in reality its theirs.
Because someone says the Deaf should get along w/ some hearing people, They should? When it was the hearing people fault! Deaf have no feeling I ask you? Are they to be puppets? No they are eqaul just as same as you & I !

Thanks

It is not necessary for you to insult each other. Some people (both deaf and hearing) forgot to say thank you. Most of time, I always to say thank you. Sometimes, I was busy something else in my mind that I forgot to say it to someone.

My stupid hearing cousin is not too smart how to thank to someone. He is 20 years old. I asked him about a compass directing North. He put his finger up in the air. I thought that he joked me. He does the same thing for South as putting his finger down. I laughed at him, but he was serious. Oh my godness. I explained it to him. I figure that he will forget it. I hope that he knows how to say thank to someone for putting the food in the grocery bags or someone opens the door for him at a store or office. Do I need to along with him if he keeps forgetting?

NOBODY should be "too busy" to say thank you. The other person wasn't "too busy" to help you.

3 or 4 years ago, I played in the NSAD tourney in Clearwater, FLA. My grandfather lived there so he and his wife wanted to come and watch us play. What my grandfather didnt realize that he had to pay to watch me play so at the concession stand to get the wrist bands, he was told that he had to pay. The deaf guy was very polite and patient with him but my grandfather (yes he is hearing) got all pissy and started flailing his arms and yelling at the deaf people at the stand. He was pissed that he had to pay $5 to watch me play. I thought that was rude of him to do that but the deaf people remained gracious and apologized to him. I was impressed with how they handled my grandfather cuz so many of my family members cant handle his tempers with that kind of calmness. I paged my mom and told her about it and she was like "I am not surprised..nothing new."

Maybe it seems like more deaf people are rude cuz there are less of us and more noticeable but there are just as many rude hearing people.

Yes, we all need to take the time to be nice and polite with each other. Even myself, I have my bad days but I am very polite and nice in general.

Oh please......some hearing people are rude to us deafies too. It goes both ways. How about hearing people should get ALONG with deaf people likewise??

We, deaf people need to change our ways, and change them NOW!

It has nothing to do with being deaf. Rude people need to work on their manners. People who want respect need to give respect. It's common sense, and it goes for everyone.

Alex

I agree with your points, I'm hearing impaired I got treated badly by hearing too, yes I was with the wrong people at the wrong time at the wrong place and yes it's true deaf has treated me badly also...

To this points I have learned how to choose my friends carefully and knows who my true friend are...

I've experienced mean, ugly, spiteful and hateful people I used to hanged around either culture, it's not easy to find the right friends...Truly I've noticed that deaf and some hearing impaired has no good manners and are rude, I've been taughted how to says thank you, have good manners and not to be rude to people, I had a good strong stricted parents who taughted me right from wrong and I'am thankful they did, but I find it shocked that I talked to this deaf girl, she was really rude, she hurted my feelings and had bad manners, truly not onlys deaf, hearings too.

I don't know if it's me but I find most hearing people to be more friendly than deaf people. :dunno:

P.S. Don't attack me for saying that.

There are days when I think the hearing behave as if they've been raised in a barn. I get like that when some chinese takeout order refuses my order when I call via relay or when some saleperson spoke to my parents instead of me when I wanted to buy a DVD. I hate it when my parents discounts a deaf person's advice even when it's sounder than the advice by the hearing person.

I've also been on the receiving end of some ill mannered deafies who act rude when they realize that ASL isn't my first language or when they make fun of me signing with a rather strong English 'accent' for want of a better word. Can't please everyone. *shrug*

As a rule, I like to think deafies have better manners than hearies. :D

There are days when I think the hearing behave as if they've been raised in a barn. I get like that when some chinese takeout order refuses my order when I call via relay or when some saleperson spoke to my parents instead of me when I wanted to buy a DVD. I hate it when my parents discounts a deaf person's advice even when it's sounder than the advice by the hearing person.

I've also been on the receiving end of some ill mannered deafies who act rude when they realize that ASL isn't my first language or when they make fun of me signing with a rather strong English 'accent' for want of a better word. Can't please everyone. *shrug*

That's been my experience. As a group, hearing people are extremely intolerant and sel centered.

Todat, when my daughter's game ended, I was waiting for her to get all her stuff together and my ex hubby was nearby. He waved at me so I waved back and just being polite, I started talking to him about the funny things that happened at the game. U know just breaking the ice and trying to be funny but while I was in the middle of the 2nd sentence, he tirned around to jump into a converation the other parents were having. I wasn't finished and it was just plain rude. Not the first time that hearing people have done that. Shud I say thank u or f*ck u? I felt like I wasn't taken seriously or not worthy of their time.

I try hard to chat with the other hearing parents at the games instead of sitting back and isolating myself. Some of them treat me with respect but others don't just like my ex did today.

I think it is rude of hearing people to do that..jump into other conversations they overheard while I am talking. Big turn off but I don't make a big fuss about it. Just like other rude deaf people turning away to talk to other deaf people while I am signing something to them. My coworker has a bad habit of doing that to everyone so many people at work gossip about how rude that is.

Actually, I think we all act like we've been raised in a barn when confronted with something we are not used to. It's a typical human trait, not necessarily worse in one group or another. I've found some deaf people to be very racist for example, however I don't attribute that to the fact that they are deaf. It's more that people simply are not educated about something they are not used to.

Todat, when my daughter's game ended, I was waiting for her to get all her stuff together and my ex hubby was nearby. He waved at me so I waved back and just being polite, I started talking to him about the funny things that happened at the game. U know just breaking the ice and trying to be funny but while I was in the middle of the 2nd sentence, he tirned around to jump into a converation the other parents were having. I wasn't finished and it was just plain rude. Not the first time that hearing people have done that. Shud I say thank u or f*ck u? I felt like I wasn't taken seriously or not worthy of their time.

I try hard to chat with the other hearing parents at the games instead of sitting back and isolating myself. Some of them treat me with respect but others don't just like my ex did today.

I think it is rude of hearing people to do that..jump into other conversations they overheard while I am talking. Big turn off but I don't make a big fuss about it. Just like other rude deaf people turning away to talk to other deaf people while I am signing something to them. My coworker has a bad habit of doing that to everyone so many people at work gossip about how rude that is.

understand how you feel exact same happen to me when I start conversations with my hearing friend did jump off to other group even I am not finishing talk. PFFFTTTT......few minutes later he ask me what you recent said?. I told him too bad it is gone. LOL he is little pissed but no big deal.

Back