deaf people should get ALONG with hearing people

What I am saying is the Deaf need to quit hating the Hearing because they can hear and the Hearing need to stop hating the Deaf because they cannot hear.

Yes! :ty:

It IS a two way street. Neither side can demand respect from the other, it has to be earned just like anything else. I think the Deaf should drop this Deaf only mentality and accept the fact they are living in a Hearing world. I am not saying they have to become oral and quit learning sign, I actually encourage the use of sign, it is a helluva lot easier than lip-reading! What I am saying is the Deaf need to quit hating the Hearing because they can hear and the Hearing need to stop hating the Deaf because they cannot hear.

'Nuff said :afro:

Dixie

Indeed...QFT!

Wow..

It is us Deaf people that r always at fault for everything or what?

It goes both ways..some deaf people have bad attitudes..same goes for some hearing people. Why lump us into one person? Not all of us are perfect and we make mistakes. Iam sure u have made mistakes. If not then how would u grow and learn?

Well I do see that Hearing people did rude to hearing people too!! :eek: :)Nobody Perfect!!! Remember>> Deaf Small World! :)

I don't know if it's me but I find most hearing people to be more friendly than deaf people. :dunno:

P.S. Don't attack me for saying that.

:Ohno: heh me too :giggle: I do conformable out fun Bar with common sense people... I do not like going to Deaf Social "Bar/meets once a weekly" :eek: Its SUCKS!

because I am too embarrassing that They are some rare or nothing to pay with a tip :rl: Plus Too much Gossip :iough: Stop went to Deaf Bar social since I was 22 years old!! :)

:werd:

I hate to agree, but I've noticed that it's true.

While hearing people may not be very understanding of deaf-related issues, they do show enough respect than a lot of deaf people I know.

If something doesn't go in the way of a deaf person, that deaf person is likely to get pissy or yell back about it.

I've seen deaf people treat hearing people horribly by talking in sign language and refusing to even use pen-&-paper for communication if an interpreter isn't available.

Yeah I was so embarrassing again .. Deaf group and I went to Macdonald from Beach. One of my group Guy want an order chicken nugget so He act like fool Signing a gesture with chicken you know his arms fold and wings! I was sudden and don't believe about it! :shock: So I taps his shoulder and said what are you doing. :wtf: .... Saw Cashier offer pen but He rejected to take a pen and the note so he want that Awkward unknown Cashier learn and understand his Sign Gesture. :roll: plus other more!! :giggle:

I've had deaf people degrade me because I'm "not deaf enough" for them.

Sometimes, I feel that I am over-educated... since some deaf women won't date me cuz I'm "too smart" or they know they can't outsmart me. :(

Can't be happen bec i do like chat with over-educated Person :dunno: Maybe you re wrong in place and time :giggle:

Can't be happen bec i do like chat with over-educated Person :dunno: Maybe you re wrong in place and time :giggle:

That's weird. I know I would that I actually prefer to date men who come from college background because of something in common.

You probably need to find women with similiar background as yours.

Also, I would think have someone who's smart (or too smart) is a good thing! Keep the conversation interseting and less chance of having them acting like an idiot.

But that's just my opinion.

I'm in both worlds as HOH. Both deaf and hearing have...how shall we say?....assholes?....rude folk?....ha ha....yeah it takes all kinds and it always depends where you are going...who you are around....immediate situation....can't lump all into one category......it is difficult to communicate....and sometimes people don't answer but it is understood that they got it. so maybe misunderstanding there.
anyways some of us are better at mingling into hearing world....it depends on personality too. for instance though I am HOH it can be more problematic on occasion cuz after I communicate verbally once then the hearing assume I can catch every mudda frickin word they say forever and ever into the future. So they act like I'm fakin deafness or acting tough or being rude.....so they become rude and piss me off assuming shyt. But then that's just me....I'm a nutcase. some people are more easygoing. It does get built up though.
anyway.....the hearing ain't all so frickin innocent....depends where ya are. Those who know you and those who don't. but then there are some 'intentionally culturally seperated' deafies.
I think hearing can accept 'deaf power' and being proud. Most should take a moment to think about deafie life but they don't have the time to take a moment. Life goes flying by and shyt happens. Let it go once in a while...
As far as dressing up......I ain't out to make them happy and couldn't give a rat's azz what they think anymore. I don't need there respect anymore and I don't expect it so I don't have a letdown. world's full of idiots and turds. screw em. let it go. They need to earn my respect.

We do most of our fundraising at hearing events.

Because;

Hearing people look at the stuff we offer before they buy it;

whereas,

Deaf people look at the sellers first before they decide to look at their offerings before they buy it.

Richard

I don't know if it's me but I find most hearing people to be more friendly than deaf people. :dunno:

P.S. Don't attack me for saying that.

I wonder if it just seems that way due to the larger (much larger) population of hearing people? Most deaf people are pretty nice, but their number is so small in comparison to the larger hearing world. Just thinking "aloud" about what you said.

I know a young Deaf man who is very polite and friendly without depending on verbal skills. He almost never speaks but his smile and attitude tell the story. If someone does something for him he thanks them by looking them in the eye, smiling and giving a little nod of the head. The hearing people understand and reply "you're welcome."

Courtesy doesn't depend on spoken words. That applies to hearing and Deaf people.

I know a young Deaf man who is very polite and friendly without depending on verbal skills. He almost never speaks but his smile and attitude tell the story. If someone does something for him he thanks them by looking them in the eye, smiling and giving a little nod of the head. The hearing people understand and reply "you're welcome."

Courtesy doesn't depend on spoken words. That applies to hearing and Deaf people.

So, so true!

I remember when I ordered my prescriptions at CVS, a pharmacist gave me the medicines. I said to her, "Thank you." After that, she said to me, "Thank you." I asked her why she said that to me. She would have said, "You're welcome." She realized that. (Of course, I am not insulting her at all if you are thinking about that.) Isn't that make sense?

When you pay something at the register and you say, "Thank you." I hope that a dealer or a pharmacist will say, "You are welcome." If you didn't say to the person, then I guess that he/she will use the words - Thank you. :hmm:

I do that most of time and they responded in kind that way you mentioned except for one deaf lady who think I was rude for not saying "thank you" at all when she saw me doing what you described to her hearing relatives. she said "you didn't say thank you or sign thank you" I said "I did but I don't have to speak or sign"

I guess body language is not her forte.

I remember when I ordered my prescriptions at CVS, a pharmacist gave me the medicines. I said to her, "Thank you." After that, she said to me, "Thank you." I asked her why she said that to me. She would have said, "You're welcome." She realized that. (Of course, I am not insulting to her at all if you are thinking about that.) Isn't that make sense?

When you pay something at the register and you say, "Thank you." I hope that a dealer or a pharmacist will say, "You are welcome." If you didn't say to the person, then I guess that he/she will use the words - Thank you. :hmm:
If the customer says, "thank you", the clerk should respond, "you're welcome." However, for some reason, the trend for clerks is now to respond "thank YOU." I think some retail managers have gotten the notion that their clerks should be thanking the customers for their patronage/business. It's a little screwy but it's one of those modern trends in retail services (like "have a nice day").

If the customer says, "thank you", the clerk should respond, "you're welcome." However, for some reason, the trend for clerks is now to respond "thank YOU." I think some retail managers have gotten the notion that their clerks should be thanking the customers for their patronage/business. It's a little screwy but it's one of those modern trends in retail services (like "have a nice day").

Gosh, I have always wondered about that. I feel funny saying thank u to them after they have said thank u to me. I thought I was the one who had it all wrong. :giggle:

If the register thanked me, then I will have to be in charge of the register and say, "Have a nice day" so that I would take my money back. What a good plan! :bump:

It just lie nodding your head to the driver who stopped to let you cross a busy street. You dont have to sign or speak to them, you nod your head and smile and they wave back. No words or specific signs were used yet both parties knew what the other was saying .

Hearing, Deaf, Hearing Impaired Are Just Alike

Even blinds people too, Everyone Gossips about one another, what comes around goes around, from this ears to another ear, whispering, backstabbing, slanders, making up the stories about one another, it is horrible...

Not onlys hearings do it, deaf and hearing impaired, blinds, cripples, just about anybody who do that, alots of time people just don't take their time to sits down and listens to one another's feelings of being hurts...

Like I said Choose Your Friends Carefully and Knows Who Your True Friends Are, go slowly to get to know that person very well, before you go too far with the person you wants to be friends with, it takes months or a years to get to know that person well, Once you just met the person you cannot thinks Oh wow this person is the right friends for me is my best friends when you onlys know the person a day or week, it's too fast...

Take your time to build that friendship, go slowly getting to know that person real well and studies the person's behaviors, how the person acts, talks and how the person treats his/her families & friends, if you noticed the person doesn't treats other very nice, then you know when to move on, but if the person treats other very nice then you know this might be the one you like to be friends with, but not that quickly, take your time to get to know the person well first...

Hearing, Deaf and Hearing Impaired are no better than one another, they're all just alike, many background are completely differents, depends how everyone was raised mean, bad, good, nice, kinds, ugly, rotten, dirty, evil, happy, mentally, etcs...

I've been through this, I choose my family over friends, because I went through with the hearing and deaf, hearing impaired they're all just alike are mean people, but I have 3 maybe 4 good friends, but I don't get too close or visit them too much, I keeps our space breathable and open, privacy, the more I do this, the better treatment I gets...

Say hi how are you and then say I've got to go nice seening you bye bye, good choice to make a short conversation knowing you know about their behavior isn't properly, but still be kinds to them anyway so that they don't thinks of anything wrong...

It's hard though, you have to be brave and fight it and go with the flow, and move on for a better life, don't hurts yourself over the person who wasn't nice to you, you know Who To Choose and Who You Want To Be With either you sticks with it or lets it go...

Don't get attached to the person too quickly that you like him/her that doesn't like you back, you know when to walks on and move on...

You can find someone better and kinder!;)

We can't controls people by their nasty improper behaviors, there's nothing you, I and we can do about it, it's how they're rasied from this generation to generation, in the old days was pretty good, but in the presents day isn't that so good now, we've noticed it don't we...

I understand everyone's points here, let's not complains about one another or anyone outside, it isn't worth crying over the person who isn't treating you nice or right, it's their problems, they are the one who have the problems not you, So be Happy of What You Got and be Happy that person isn't related to you ( laughing ), be Happy that person doesn't live so close to you, Good chance you'll never see them again, if they don't treats you right, it's not you, it's them, you did perfectly fine and you did the right things by treating them nicely even when they don't treats you the same way you treats them, let it go not worth crying over it...

And believe me I did crys over people that hurts me, I told myself why me, why are they mistreating me for, well my parents said mostly sometimes they could be jealous or just plains out mean people, they said why do you keeps going back and getting hurts more, they said they understands I wanted a friends, but I've learned my lesson that there's plenty of people all over I can find the right friends, but it takes years believe it or not, but I survived nicely so far.

Back