Deaf parent's kids taken from home infested with roaches

i think this subject was posted yesterday....why was it important to say parents are deaf that not good.....these parents had some mental problems not related at all to deafness

i think this subject was posted yesterday....why was it important to say parents are deaf that not good.....these parents had some mental problems not related at all to deafness

I agree. It gives deaf people a bad name to hearing people as if the deafness was the cause of it.

Yeah, right...I know several deafies that are super clean and so are their kids...then again I know one deafie who is so filthy the Health Department should raze that house.....and also know many hearies that are very clean and some are filthy....Some people just don't care one way or the other....

And speaking of this deaf couple with all those kids...and in their 30's too...no matter how poor you are, it isn't an excuse to be filthy....Those kids, the best thing that's happened to them is to be taken away, and hopefully are able to stay together....in a happy and clean home with loving care-givers...

I've never understood why some people have so many kids when they can't even support themselves much less 5 kids!...To me, it's abuse and cruelety...and those poor animals also.

Odd . . . she posted that she wants to be left alone, then publishes her full phone number for everyone to see.

So, that is their new house?

Do you know these people?
No, I got the links from comments under another article.

Zillow shows that it was built in 1935 and was last sold in March 2007 for $25k. I don't know if it was bought or rented by them.

Child neglect

And here it is 2 years later and in a different town in Indiana and the same exact thing happens again. How many times are they to get the children back just to have them go through the exact same thing? Horrible! These children and pets don't deserve this. Are we gonna wait till something bad happens to the them before something is done (if it hasn't already)? These people live like this and that's fine for them they are adults, kids don't deserve this. If the parents weren't deaf would they be given all these chances? This didn't even make the paper here, I only found out because my son is deaf and it's in the deaf community. It's a shame. I know courts want family unification, but they had free counseling and classes, everything given to them and it didn't change anything. Something needs to be done so that this never happens to any child, disabilities or not. And none of the children are deaf and they all sign very well, they have grown up around all deaf adults.

And here it is 2 years later and in a different town in Indiana and the same exact thing happens again. How many times are they to get the children back just to have them go through the exact same thing? Horrible! These children and pets don't deserve this. Are we gonna wait till something bad happens to the them before something is done (if it hasn't already)? These people live like this and that's fine for them they are adults, kids don't deserve this. If the parents weren't deaf would they be given all these chances? This didn't even make the paper here, I only found out because my son is deaf and it's in the deaf community. It's a shame. I know courts want family unification, but they had free counseling and classes, everything given to them and it didn't change anything. Something needs to be done so that this never happens to any child, disabilities or not. And none of the children are deaf and they all sign very well, they have grown up around all deaf adults.

Sadly this a huge problem in my state too, I posted about the poor little girl that was found dead in a trash bag. It turn out her case was closed too
soon and the case worker for CPS didn't have a license and was not trained ! There is huge clean up going right in Boston to fix the mess. But it too late for a lot of innocent children that were killed by their own parents or caretaker. :(

I hope this time they're in the court system and their parental rights are either terminated or severely limited- especially since this is the second time. If it's true. The Deaf community (just like the hearing world...) has had it's share of rumors and gossip...

Do you have a link for this update?

BTW--who are you?

I got / took photos of places like this I had to work in when I worked for the city, just downright nasty and I would much rather burn the place down than go in another. I am SOOOO glad I dont have to deal with nasty people any more.

Hello. I know who are deaf couples from my school at ISD. I know them very well. They aren't not my friends. But I know this woman from my schoolmate and same bus rider since we were kids. You seem this news. She is not very smart. She was bullied by kids at school. I can't put place to debate her background and history with her own kids in public here She lost her 6 kids. She learned her lesson for left kids alone at home. That is no excuse for the home improvement. I'm not buying their stories. I know how she is having problem with liar all her whole life. That is sad. I'm feeling sorry for kids and pet. The kids are living with her family relate member for now. All kids are hearing.

Hi, I am new here but I agree with Pinky. Deaf or hearing, there are no perfect people. I just wish that the media would stop portraying people with any disability, even things like Autism or chronic pain disorders like fibromyalgia, as if they were unable to think for themselves. Deafness and pain does not make someone incapable of living their own lives.

Back