Deaf on driver license

CoolieFroggie

Reaction score
Hi Everybody,
I would need your help, One of my friend is on state board and suggest them to have all deaf to put *deaf* on thier driver license.. I agree not to have any word *deaf* on my license or my licnese plate, it's good for hearing people i mean bad people would want to play with deaf and dumb to see the *deaf* and shoot them.. that's thier advandge, I need your help.. what i suggest to my friend when they come up to driver license to get a new license or renew license.. they can tell them that they are a deaf to set up in COMPUTER not on license or lic plate... u know how hearing people can pretend to be deaf and get not ticket.. alot of cops don't believe if they are techonaly deaf.

What is your suggestion......

i agree too we are also setting this up here in hawaii too its to be implemented the begining of the yr, and not only that to set up any callers who are being called by the police thier also put in thier address a Deaf person lives in that home as well this will expeidite the need for interpeter who can be called out to the address at apporxmite same time as the call comes in. hence the computer is also a good thing....

I disagree putting DEAF on the licence or in the Licence plate, as its a surefire way to set any criminals up for anything they desire for. having this Set up in the computer will ensure our safety.... let me contact one of my officers on the board with some informations i can send to u VIA PM alrighty?

P.S. nearly forgotten to mention also the interpeters are now under the dispatch list as well for any need to have an interpeters to respond to emergencies such as hosptials, Arrests and or accidents or being called out to the home where the call is originated from.

License plate? No.

Drivers License? I think it should be optional. Minnesota has an option where you can put the medical alert sign on your DL, but it wont say what it is. I half wish I did that. I dont think its a big deal, if a cop asks to see your DL and registration, you give it to him and he knows ur Deaf, whats the harm in that? There'd be less misunderstandings, if you ask me. I'd do it.

Having to check on database whether one is hearing impaired (deaf and hard-of-hearing) is a big waste of time if the hearing impaired driver is seriously injured in an accident. Taking a look at your driver's license could save your life!

Hearing impaired drivers should be given three or four different choices what they want to have on their driver's licenses like Hearing Impaired, Deaf, Hard-Of-Hearing/HOH or have that ear with slash logo sticker.

Another suggestion, if the hearing impaired population in your state dislike the idea having labels or logos on the driver's licenses could have their photos or info highlighted in lighter colors like blue for hearing impaired and pink for visually impaired, etc.

OK, time is running out for me! I got to leave now. If I can think of more, I will come back and post. :)

I'm sure they will have a different word instead like "hearing impaired". I think it's important to have something like that on your license so they know what they are dealing with. If you were pulled over, they probably would have a hard time accepting your request for an interpreter if they had no proof that you were deaf. For all we know, you could be acting deaf but the cops don't know that because they don't see any warning on the drivers licence. Go ahead and accept it. It's there to make things easier. As for the license plate, that helps the police too. If they pull you over and tell you to get out of the car, but you don't... how do they know why you aren't getting out? You could be hearing but ignoring them so that when they approach you, you shoot them? There was an issue years ago where deaf people wanted warning signs on their cars in some way so that the police would know who they were dealing with. Now, deafies are saying they don't want it? I wish people would make up their mind. :roll:

again brain u neglect to see the finer things in hearing criminal thefts and taking advantage whlist when theres a serious accident, the best thing there is for the computer is when they run the licence check anyway ( in case u don't know) they do check the licence plates in ALL events, accidents /wants/ and warrants, So when it comes back on the radio in under 1 minute they will automatically be alerted that the pateint/suspect is deaf. So there is no WASTiNG time like u said.

vamp think of this way safety is more better than being screwed or raped so no we don't want it on our licence plate and no we do not want it on our licence itself think about this vamp ur wallet gets stolen what the most vital issue u have in there??? ur licence! think about that before u think putting it on ur licence they have ur address they see OH thier deaf fine we'll go break in thier home! it can be SO easy in so many ways for the hearies :roll: common sense previals.

in addtion no one is to move anyone in a serious accident. only the trained professionals and iw ouldn't jeporidize thier back in any aspect by the time they reach the hosptial the notifcation would go out too late for any decisionm aking OR anyone needing help in all aspect!

Well, they shouldn't lose their wallets in the first place. Secondly, that's the big risk we all take in our life anyway. However, I haven't heard of this thing being abused where people break in homes just because they saw on the license that the person was deaf. If you can show me a bunch of articles of this happening, then I'll probably reconsider.

first off its not abt the articles u read vampy its using common sense, first off, think about this im speaking of THEFT, and many go unreported DUE to not thinking about thier OWN licence being stolen or much less having thier home broken into, belive me when i say practice the common sense when it comes to *branding* ur Deafness ON the drivers licence i won't EVER put that on mine. never know if my lience gets stolen and its *branded* i won't put my self or my family at risk for this. if its stolen u will NOT see a deaf on there and police would be alerted and ofc i would get a new licence replaced but never ever put Deaf or any disablity on there its ONE surefire way of being victimized. So i rather not be victimized i rather it being on the puter with the police and being better safe than sorry.

javapride said:
first off its not abt the articles u read vampy its using common sense, first off, think about this im speaking of THEFT, and many go unreported DUE to not thinking about thier OWN licence being stolen or much less having thier home broken into, belive me when i say practice the common sense when it comes to *branding* ur Deafness ON the drivers licence i won't EVER put that on mine. never know if my lience gets stolen and its *branded* i won't put my self or my family at risk for this. if its stolen u will NOT see a deaf on there and police would be alerted and ofc i would get a new licence replaced but never ever put Deaf or any disablity on there its ONE surefire way of being victimized. So i rather not be victimized i rather it being on the puter with the police and being better safe than sorry.
Well, I rather have my license say I'm deaf to avoid the cops shooting me because they didn't know I was deaf. It's like your signature says... Life's too short! :thumb:

javapride said:
vamp think of this way safety is more better than being screwed or raped so no we don't want it on our licence plate and no we do not want it on our licence itself think about this vamp ur wallet gets stolen what the most vital issue u have in there??? ur licence! think about that before u think putting it on ur licence they have ur address they see OH thier deaf fine we'll go break in thier home! it can be SO easy in so many ways for the hearies :roll: common sense previals.

If it was put on the back of the drivers liscense where the other info is pertaining to special needs like organ donor, who looks there, and honestly if someone has gotten your dl that long anyways without you knowing you likely have bigger problems to worry about. My dl says i need corrective lenses, no i dont like it, but big deal its who i was, i'm getting it changed since i had eye surgery and it no longer applys. But if a police officer is looking at your dl after you've been thrown from your car for whatever reason, i bet you'd want them to know your deaf. I have 1 person behind me reading your posts, and they agree with me. Its not every day people would see it, and very rarely would they notice you were deaf, and the main thing, assuming they ask to see it, and try to hold any amount of conversation with you, my guess is they would find out your deaf by your lack of understanding them, and most deaf people dont/cant talk with their voices, yet another way to check with out the dl, so dont make it such a big deal, no one is making you wear a star of david and march into camps.

hahaha i uddy megdelon i respect that aspect but think of this computer has gone high speed now days so we will get the info in less then 30-1 minute to get all info. i just don't feel comfy putting anything on my lience except my address and its standard infos, why waste that time when i can be pateince and let them use the judgement to check the data base. im on the police data base for three different reasons. two of them are pertaining my health disablity and ofc my interpeter status whilist the 3rd is pretty much an 5th admendment :) ( don't ask don't tell) :)

I work for a police department, and I think that "DEAF" or "HARD OF HEARING" or "HEARING IMPAIRED" on the registry info when the plate is ran on the computer. That way, then the cop will see that and know why he is having difficulty pulling over a vehicle, or when he does pull it over, he is not surprised....especially if it is a mistaken (or unmistaken...Deaffies commit crimes too) felony stop.

javapride said:
hahaha i uddy megdelon i respect that aspect but think of this computer has gone high speed now days so we will get the info in less then 30-1 minute to get all info. i just don't feel comfy putting anything on my lience except my address and its standard infos, why waste that time when i can be pateince and let them use the judgement to check the data base. im on the police data base for three different reasons. two of them are pertaining my health disablity and ofc my interpeter status whilist the 3rd is pretty much an 5th admendment :) ( don't ask don't tell) :)
"Don't ask. Don't tell."? Hmm... I guess I'm gonna ask so you're gonna tell! What's the 3rd? Hehehe! Just kidding...

Driver licenses, you choose to have label saying "deaf" or "hearing impaired" ( I rather "Deaf") or not to have it. For vehicle licenses, my answer is no, because of some hearing people dislike deafies and they could kill the deafies, just because they dislike them. People can be stupid. So hope my answers help. Good luck.

PS: I already have the stinky "Hearing Impaired" label on my driver license, and I do not show it off to people at all. Only for emergency.

ChelEler said:
Oh yeah. I have that but I have not used it because I do not want people to see that I am deaf in the whole public area. :ugh:

that is not mean I have to put it on my DL, just hide it so they can read from computer -- not from my DL.

Back