Deaf Notification Systems

Icefiero

Reaction score
What system do you use? Sonic Alert, Ultratec Simplicity? Ameriphone Alertmaster? others?

What I use is the Alertmaster AM-6000 with two recievers, doorbell buzzer, two audio alarm and baby cry signallers. They work pretty good.

Ross

I wake up on my own. My body knows it is 5:30 every morning.

Does that count too? ;)

As for doorbells, I rarely have any visitors because I am rarely at home, either working long hours or visiting family/friends or doing things with my girls. So my friends know that they can find me on my pager 24/7.

deafclimber said:
humm... my deaf notificiation systems are dogs. do they count ?

LOL They do count!! I have a dog here, but once I move to PA, I will use tiny alarm and unnamed alarm. I do have phone flasher. NO doorbells!

i have three systems, Alertmaster, Sonic boom Alert, and travel alert for my traveling, and ofc my lilo! hehehe so it helps, the alertmaster is all in one i have doorbell for my room as my request for privancy, my phone is installed on that, and last but not least. my bed hehehe, and i love it :) my sonic boom is backup for guest who may forget, and my little alarm for travelling :)

Silent Call for my Smokes/Door
Sonic Boom for my Alarm Clock

I use the MyIPRelay dedicated number thing for incoming calls.

Silent Call for bedroom smoke detector w/vibrator, Triple S clock with vibrator, foyer smoke alarm with strobe light in the bedroom ceiling, Radio shack fone flasher II for VP box, Ultratec Phone Module for a TTY incoming and NuTone wireless doorbell with strobe light.

Icefiero said:
Silent Call is very expensive!

I was lucky, and got most of mine used for very cheap. The Smoke Dectectors I had to buy new, but they were actually cheaper than other smoke alarm/strobe.

Three dogs, just in case if one or two died. Doorbell on the door, as I can hear it with the hearing aids.

I had an alarm clock but I had to break it since it decided to get between a man and his precious beautiful sleep.

-Raven

I have a smoke alarm {Somehow my mother thinks that I won't hear it?..o.o We have it amped pretty damn loud...}, And a vibrating wristwatch XDD. MY WRIST HURTS. :( I never wear it anymore because my wrist is like..dead. From wearing it. Yeah. o.o

My bf made the homemade doorbell/phone flasher. But we stopped using the phone since we now using VP. So we keep doorbell and it work awesome. As for alarm, Boombox and I had it since 1998. Oh yeah, we also have smoke alarm which is hard wired and installed on ceiling. But they should make CO alarm with flashing light since that there is only they have is the 'voice' type kind. We have the voice type kind and it is LOUD. My BF wrote to FCC I think (I can't remember which company he sent E-mail to) about the CO alarm with flashing light since that we cannot hear the 'voice' type one.

Raven said:
Three dogs, just in case if one or two died. Doorbell on the door, as I can hear it with the hearing aids.

I had an alarm clock but I had to break it since it decided to get between a man and his precious beautiful sleep.

-Raven

"In case one or two died......." LOL! That was funnier than you think!
Off the point, the IRS allows you the maintenance of ONE dog for tax purposes.

Hi Guys,

I know it, I have two Alertmaster and eFLash VIII, I watch two flash light also bedroom too, I wish all on one!, I wish Light message on wall like <light flash><Message move><light flash> like Mail, Vidophone, FAX, Crying, Door #1 (for front), Door #2 for rear door), etc.. I am interest any idea? if buy small or big VFD/LCD http://www.crystalfontz.com/links/index.html or http://www.noritake-elec.com/ also free download program from Smartie http://lcdsmartie.sourceforge.net/ put ocde, if AIM call me LCD/VFD will show!! I want BIG VFD on wall with flash light without computer! I wish!

Back