Deaf NFL player Derrick Coleman's Duracell commercial

ambrosia

Premium Member
Reaction score
"I've been deaf since I was 3......so I didn't listen." I freaking love that man!!!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2HD57z4F8E]Duracell: Trust Your Power - NFL's Derrick Coleman, Seattle Seahawks - YouTube[/ame]

This guy is pretty amazing. I read about him a few weeks ago and how he was going around to schools to talk with kids with disabilities and tell them nothing can hold them back. Nice guy from what I've read. :)

It reminds me of John from Lost "don't tell me what I can't do!!!!":D

I don't understand why Duracell have to make the commercial for the deaf Seattle Seahawk who had to wear the hearing aids inside his helmet. He does not have to wear his hearing aids while playing football. Football is a very rough game with much hitting and tackle. It is better to have protection for the hearing aids not to get damage in the process of playing football. I am glad that he is making the success of being a professional football player. Way to go for that, but not the hearing aids while playing. That is the whole entire thing alltogether when playing rough games. **shaking my head** :(

That's awesome! :ty: for sharing with us. :)

Where is Duracell using this commercial? I don't remember seeing it on OTA TV.

Funny, I was growing up, and almost every one (heairng) people gets excited when they see news, or advertising or commerical about deaf issues. I was like, " umm, ok?". Now i understand why that some of them struggles to get through the life, or some people who are close minded about disability etc. I wish I did not have that kind of stuff that people fear disabled people. Oh well.

Not sure if it's on TV yet, I don't watch much tv and usually it's Netflix which has no commercials. Someone posted it on Facebook.

Funny, I was growing up, and almost every one (heairng) people gets excited when they see news, or advertising or commerical about deaf issues. I was like, " umm, ok?". Now i understand why that some of them struggles to get through the life, or some people who are close minded about disability etc. I wish I did not have that kind of stuff that people fear disabled people. Oh well.

I did not post this just because it's a commercial, it's also an inspiring lesson. Did you watch it? It's about perseverance following your dream when people don't think you can do it. I've often seen posts here "we can do anything but hear"........and here's this deaf guy, a professional NFL player :) you might not think so, but I feel that's a wonderful accomplishment, good on him, and an amazing example to the world that no, our deafness doesn't have to an obstacle. I thought the dhh would appreciate it, I guess not everybody........

I did not post this just because it's a commercial, it's also an inspiring lesson. Did you watch it? It's about perseverance following your dream when people don't think you can do it. I've often seen posts here "we can do anything but hear"........and here's this deaf guy, a professional NFL player :) you might not think so, but I feel that's a wonderful accomplishment, good on him, and an amazing example to the world that no, our deafness doesn't have to an obstacle. I thought the dhh would appreciate it, I guess not everybody........

No i havent seen it but will check it out when i get home for sure. I am glad for this commerical to be exposed for everyone to see it. Wish they all know when they were baby but they were not. I didnt feel that way until few years ago, because i realize about others that has point of views on disability. They learn at a much later about disability or deaf/hoh.

Good for him, good for the Seahawks, and good for Duracell for giving him the commercial. :)

I found it on MSN News when I first come on after I started the computer. Yesterday, he was online with the rest of the other news and I clicked on him for more information on that. I learned it is a commerical and they were selling Duracell for that purpose. What I don't like about the commercial was that he put his hearing aids with tapes on his ears inside of his helmet. That is not the way to go when playing the football sport. It is the same like swimming so that you don't want the hearing aids get broken or damaged. Beside, that is not real if he does that for the director. I am disgusted with the hearing people. It just made me feel sad. **shaking my head** :(

I found it on MSN News when I first come on after I started the computer. Yesterday, he was online with the rest of the other news and I clicked on him for more information on that. I learned it is a commerical and they were selling Duracell for that purpose. What I don't like about the commercial was that he put his hearing aids with tapes on his ears inside of his helmet. That is not the way to go when playing the football sport. It is the same like swimming so that you don't want the hearing aids get broken or damaged. Beside, that is not real if he does that for the director. I am disgusted with the hearing people. It just made me feel sad. **shaking my head** :(

It made me really happy that a deaf guy got a job as a pro football player. If it's done that way for the hearing people to understand it, fine, but I celebrate his success and determination.

It bothers me to put down this kid who has made it.

I don't think he is actually wearing hearing aids during the real games. This is just commercial for the battery advertisement and I applaud them for the deaf awareness to be able to use this known Deaf Professional football player to be included in a commercial TV. I don't see anything wrong with this video.

I don't think he is actually wearing hearing aids during the real games. This is just commercial for the battery advertisement and I applaud them for the deaf awareness to be able to use this known Deaf Professional football player to be included in a commercial TV. I don't see anything wrong with this video.

On the bold statement, that is exactly what I want to know if that is the proper way for the deaf professional football player not to wear his hearing aids. I go for that with your comment.

Okay, so the commercial is not real but to the hearing audience, they would cheer for him using his hearing aids in the football game.

Okay, Okay! I get it. It is just the commercial that he had done a good job of making the video look real for Duracell commercial. :cool2:

Well what do you think about what he said during the commercial? The video I posted has captions.

On the bold statement, that is exactly what I want to know if that is the proper way for the deaf professional football player not to wear his hearing aids. I go for that with your comment.

Okay, so the commercial is not real but to the hearing audience, they would cheer for him using his hearing aids in the football game.

Okay, Okay! I get it. It is just the commercial that he had done a good job of making the video look real for Duracell commercial. :cool2:

Huh? I don't think anyone would cheer him because he has hearing aids on under his helmet. But if you google his name and Duracell you'll see titles of articles like, "inspiring blah blah" this commercial wi give you goose bumps." Those kind reactions aren't for him putting hearing aids on under his helmet, but because if his message, his story.

Back