Deaf man wants sign language interpreter at nudist camp in Cayuga County

Wait a minute, some of you are saying that because he's a nudist, he shouldn't have equal access?

lol, NO, he's Deaf but wants interpreter at an event THATs the issue

but funny how you say nudist are discriminated , but wait, they could be!, just like being discriminated for having tattoos but right now here this is not the point..

imagine a nudist get turned down for a job, because s/he doesnt want to wear clothes to work LOL...for exampes , car sales-workers, or hospital cleaners, or attendent at McDonalds or even as a construction worker (ok they'd wear a hard hat)..

i think he/she should! whh, how else could they communicate? the trick is to find an interpreter who is a member of a nudist camp there or elsewhere (would be expensive) or other hand, would be hard not getting excited unless they are ugly or aged...:giggle:
Why would the terp need to be a member of a nudist camp?

I'll have to go back and check the comments. I didn't read any of them the first time around.

EDIT: I just made it through the first couple of pages before deciding such rambling moronic statements from a bunch of privileged juveniles was not worth my time.

Reading comments like that makes me feel exhausted just reading it.

I personally know of at least two terps that would take such a job. However, I doubt the terp would need to be nude even if everyone else was. Just like a police officer providing a service would not be nude either.

You know, the workshops are probably not in the nude.

Even if they were, the terp could be dressed.

Or do terps that come with you to gynecology appointments sympathetically remove their pants for good measure? :giggle:

Are interpretors allowed to "pick and choose"?...If one was called to interpret at this Nudist Camp, and did not want or refused to go...what's gonna happen there? Of course, they could "fib" and make an excuse....Same as for religious ceremonies...do they call an interpretor of the same Faith?....Even protest rallies (if the Interpretor does not agree with what they are protesting, and feels it might become violent)?....refuses to go?

Personally, I'm not about seeing nudie people at a beach or a ceremony or whatever. I'm not an interpretor, but what are their rights? I know we deafies have a right to a interpretor...but what about the Interpretor's rights too?

Are interpretors allowed to "pick and choose"?...If one was called to interpret at this Nudist Camp, and did not want or refused to go...what's gonna happen there? Of course, they could "fib" and make an excuse....Same as for religious ceremonies...do they call an interpretor of the same Faith?....Even protest rallies (if the Interpretor does not agree with what they are protesting, and feels it might become violent)?....refuses to go?

Personally, I'm not about seeing nudie people at a beach or a ceremony or whatever. I'm not an interpretor, but what are their rights? I know we deafies have a right to a interpretor...but what about the Interpretor's rights too?

That can be a sticky thing ethically. But also, would a terp that does not want to be there be doing the best job possible for the client?

That can be a sticky thing ethically. But also, would a terp that does not want to be there be doing the best job possible for the client?

I don't see how it can be ethically sticky. Suppose an interpreter was requested at a KKK rally? The interpreter has the right to refuse. I used an interpreter today and we were discussing things, and one thing she told me was that she refuses to interpret for a specific individual. I don't see the problem.

Back