Deaf man wants sign language interpreter at nudist camp in Cayuga County

i think he/she should! whh, how else could they communicate? the trick is to find an interpreter who is a member of a nudist camp there or elsewhere (would be expensive) or other hand, would be hard not getting excited unless they are ugly or aged...:giggle:

i think he/she should! whh, how else could they communicate? the trick is to find an interpreter who is a member of a nudist camp there or elsewhere (would be expensive) or other hand, would be hard not getting excited unless they are ugly or aged...:giggle:

Well the terp (if he can get one) cant' complain the job is boring! :giggle:

:giggle:
I did a search before posting and it didnt show up. now it did. wierd!

Deaf man wants sign language interpreter at nudist camp in Cayuga County | syracuse.com

What do you think?

Although I always and firmly believe every Deaf person has a right to have an interpreter, I do not think it is necessary to have an interpreter at the nudist camp.

well - look at it this way- he is NOT asking for a terp at the camp while he is there. He is asking for a terp at a EVENT. thats all. wouldnt you want to know whats going on at event meetings?!

He has a legal basis for the claim. They are providing access to these workshops to the general hearing public for the price of admission. He pays admission, he is entitled to access. Personally, I hope he wins the case.

I am with Jillio on that one. Why should he be left out on the workshops?

I also think he should have the 'terp for the workshops there, he's paying to attend the activity right? I ask myself - what if this was a sports camp or a gardening intensive or something?

He has a legal basis for the claim. They are providing access to these workshops to the general hearing public for the price of admission. He pays admission, he is entitled to access. Personally, I hope he wins the case.

I agree with you, people cannot be selective based on what kind of event it is. He's entitled to an interpreter.

By the way, there are quite a few negative comments regarding people with disabilities on that website. Shameful.

Wait a minute, some of you are saying that because he's a nudist, he shouldn't have equal access?

By the way, there are quite a few negative comments regarding people with disabilities on that website. Shameful.

I'll have to go back and check the comments. I didn't read any of them the first time around.

EDIT: I just made it through the first couple of pages before deciding such rambling moronic statements from a bunch of privileged juveniles was not worth my time.

Wirelessly posted (droid)

No, just giggling like a school girl.

Do you really an sign language interpreter at a nudist camp, you can just read the 'body' language.

I'll have to go back and check the comments. I didn't read any of them the first time around.

EDIT: I just made it through the first couple of pages before deciding such rambling moronic statements from a bunch of privileged juveniles was not worth my time.

For instance, this one...

I wonder the degree of this guy's hearing disability since the sentence syntax of his quotes proves he was not born deaf. The ADA was a good idea, but the fines they can impose are absolutely absurd BUTT not as absurd as the jolly-seeking weirdos in the photos, above. These "nudists" were the ones who use to hang out, if you will, in the showers checking things out they shouldn't have been--creeps! Moravia is too close to Skan./CNY, and I hope these creeps move S.E. to New Berlin or Sherburne--I think there are big pig farms there--that's where they belong.

Geez.

:giggle:
I did a search before posting and it didnt show up. now it did. wierd!

Yeah it happened to me a few times before.

I just found out that I made this thread two hours before you did yours.

Wirelessly posted (droid)

Reading comments on the internet will make you blow a lobe.

Back