Deaf Girl and Grandparents killed in house fire

Chevy57

Sherlock Hound
Premium Member
Reaction score
A northeast Ohio prosecutor says a 10-year-old girl died in a house fire early Monday morning, hours before a man suspected of raping her was scheduled to go on trial, reports CBS Pittsburgh. A total of three people were reported dead by the Youngstown Fire Department after the fire on the city's south side. Neighbors in the 3600-block of Powers Way say they heard a loud explosion around 3:30 a.m.; moments later, they saw flames rip through the two-story home. Dozens of firefighters were needed to control the fire. When it was out, firefighters found the bodies of two adults and their 10-year-old granddaughter. The adults are identified as Billy and Judy Schmidt, both in their 60s.

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2015/03/youngstown_couple_and_granddau.html

Sent from my iPhone using AllDeaf

Damn...raped then burned...how awfull..
RIP little girl, you didnt deserve this

I hope the firefighters or the Fire Chief would be able to check to see if there were burned smoke or strobe light alarms there. I guess they did not check them out throughout the burned house.

I wish they would provide her name so that I can say "Rest In Peace, ______". They did provide the grandparents's names but not her. :(

Rest In Peace, Mr. and Mrs. Schmidt.

Their daughter Lori is a good friend of ours, we all used to work together. Now lost her niece and parents. We are just devastated!

Oh my. I didnt realize this thread. I dont know her that well but I know she is in my sorority. Its sad to learn that her parents who were in fire, and its her niece who was in fire as well. I feel awful for her who lost their parents and niece. thats awful.

Oh my. I didnt realize this thread. I dont know her that well but I know she is in my sorority. Its sad to learn that her parents who were in fire, and its her niece who was in fire as well. I feel awful for her who lost their parents and niece. thats awful.

I am kind of confused on what you were saying. It is the grandparents and their granddaughter who was killed in the fire at their home.

So I gathered that you were thinking of what Southpaw mentioned about a daughter of her parents and their granddaughter (niece) being killed in the fire at their home. Am I correct????

Back