Deaf-friendly toddler toys

warpedpink

Reaction score
Please recommend some Deaf-friendly toys and/or play centers for 6-24 month old babies. All I can find are ones that are strongly sound and music based. I'm looking for something that has lots of lights, tactile things or vibrations.

upload_2017-7-7_9-32-0.png

My daughter loved this, from Toys R Us. It does play sound, but there are separate buttons for the sound, so you dont have to have the sound playing. The wings light up and transition through different colors, its really pretty.

upload_2017-7-7_9-33-34.png

This was also a good one, from Target. Yes, there are silly sounds, but they aren't loud and obnoxious. It vibrates and bounces. She loved this one, too.

At the end of the day, its really hard to find kid toys that dont make sound. We just had to get over it. There are some awesome toys out there and they just make noises. Its sad at first, and annoying, but you get over it.

She also loves this thing. We found it at a mom n pop toy store in our town, but I'm sure you can find it online.

upload_2017-7-7_9-37-3.png

And this:
upload_2017-7-7_10-11-31.png

Its for a little older girls, but my daughter loves it!! Even if she just uses it to bang on her car seat in the car haha!

View attachment 24040

My daughter loved this, from Toys R Us. It does play sound, but there are separate buttons for the sound, so you dont have to have the sound playing. The wings light up and transition through different colors, its really pretty.

View attachment 24041

This was also a good one, from Target. Yes, there are silly sounds, but they aren't loud and obnoxious. It vibrates and bounces. She loved this one, too.

At the end of the day, its really hard to find kid toys that dont make sound. We just had to get over it. There are some awesome toys out there and they just make noises. Its sad at first, and annoying, but you get over it.

She also loves this thing. We found it at a mom n pop toy store in our town, but I'm sure you can find it online.

View attachment 24042

And this:
View attachment 24043

Its for a little older girls, but my daughter loves it!! Even if she just uses it to bang on her car seat in the car haha!
Tristen listed some awesome toys, here are a few my daughter has from the hear more website. We also have a lot of neat flash cards from this site if you are using ASL at home. (Under the numbers puzzle are pictures of the number in ASL .)

Attachments

• IMG_3095.PNG
    IMG_3095.PNG
    220.1 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3096.PNG
    IMG_3096.PNG
    221 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3097.PNG
    IMG_3097.PNG
    236.4 KB · Views: 9
I'm trying to remember, is it mother goose, in Michigan, make old fashion blocks and other wooden learning toys, I want to get the blocks in ASL with the ABC in sign ,and or the maritime flags, women of history, oh! and the planets, and many more, trying to remember if the stamps are with them there is another game source that makes ASL games can't remember there web site:hmm:

Back