Deaf for charity

Dan Tiplady-Bishop

Reaction score
Hello. I am Dan. I am 16 years old. I am from the uk and I am deaf. I've been lucky enough to receive free cochlear implants on my national health service. In the U.K. There is a youth scheme called NCS. There is a module in NCS called charity work. I had an idea of going completely deaf for a whole week. Cochlear implant free for a whole week to raise awareness of deafness. What is available to deaf people and what it is like to not have the opportunity to have cochlear implants (example: in impoverished countries where there is no access to medical treatment for the deaf) Please let me know your thoughts

That seems an idea worth testing. What if you could turn it into a charity challenge where hearing people could also join by wearing noise cancel headphones? They could ask for pledges from their friends and family to support a deaf school or two in a poor country. It would be a great project for school to research schools or service organizations, and you could ask for help deciding which organizations use $ most effectively.

I thought they did this somewhere in the uk, were celebrities get the stuff they make molds out of put in their ears. This makes them severely hard of hearing. Then they walk around the city to see how it is. I don't want to go find links or videos but I found the videos on YouTube. Idk, but it would be fun for people to understand and see if they can adapt to being hoh or deaf for a day

I thought they did this somewhere in the uk, were celebrities get the stuff they make molds out of put in their ears. This makes them severely hard of hearing. Then they walk around the city to see how it is. I don't want to go find links or videos but I found the videos on YouTube. Idk, but it would be fun for people to understand and see if they can adapt to being hoh or deaf for a day
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...rcycle-helmet-packed-foam-JOHN-BARROWMAN.html

I FUCKING love John Barrowman. He's my favorite gay nerd.

Back