Deaf Devices for Cars?

yizuman

Reaction score
Is there any devices for the deaf for vehicles that can give visual warnings (strobe flashing) that headlights is still on and stuff that can be easily forgotten or overlooked (most especially when headlights during daytime can be forgotten and left on overnight that can potentially drain the battery and find out the car won't start).

If not, there should be one.

Thanks in advance,

Yiz

Is there any devices for the deaf for vehicles that can give visual warnings (strobe flashing) that headlights is still on and stuff that can be easily forgotten or overlooked (most especially when headlights during daytime can be forgotten and left on overnight that can potentially drain the battery and find out the car won't start).

If not, there should be one.

Thanks in advance,

Yiz

It is not just for deaf but convenient for anyone. On my old 97 Toyota Camry if the headlights are on and you shut the car off and open the drivers door (don't know offhand if it is also any door) the headlights go off. I assume there is still a very slight drain from the just the setting but that has not been a problem.

After having my battery drained... twice... from forgetting to turn off the headlights, I now try to remember to walk AROUND the car to make sure the lights are off (the back lights are harder to see on my old car). I thought I remember some older cars where if you open the door and the headlights are still on, there would be a ding ding ding sound- it may be for something else though.

Betting something could be rigged up somehow...hmm.

I have not heard any visual reminder that alerts Deaf drivers for the headlamp or other warning systems such as seatbelt or malfunction. Back in the day without automatic headlights, I always made sure to have the headlamp switched off manually as I turn off the engine day or night as a habit. Since mid 90's I have automatic headlights (delay switch), it turns off almost immediately when I turn the engine off. It's more convenient and I didn't have to check the switch anymore.

The headlight delay switch varies with almost immediately for minimum up to 3 minutes maximum depending on the make and models. :)

My dead battery problem has come from a door not completely closed and the overhead light inside the car staying on combined with when the car is not used for a week or so. I do have a small light on the dash that comes on when a door is open but I am not sure how far open a door needs to be for that to come on. If it is coming on with a not quite tightly closed door there have been a number of times I have missed it.

Last edited:
yizuman… as you said that there should be one, yes if it was 20 years ago that they should make one, but right now many newer model cars now have auto shut off, either way by opening the door when keys is not inserted, or key fob move beyond 10 feet, or timer. So I believe it's not worth to make one for deaf you know? I have that same problem with my old old Ford Ranger and I have to listen carefully to be sure all are off or key removed. It happen to me few times that my battery got drained out. So, thankfully that my newer truck take care all of that.

If my batteries has been drained and won't start engine. Just carry with a Portable Jump starter device. 1-28.jpg

Last edited:
Back