Deaf demographics

DOD

Reaction score
Where are the largest Deaf populations? In the USA or anywhere on the globe.

In the US at least.. most likely Rochester NY (NTID is there) or in Washington DC/Maryland as that's close to Gallaudet. A lot of other cities have pretty big deaf communities as well like Seattle, Atlanta and I'm hearing Houston or Austin as well lately.

As for in the world...no idea lol.

In the US at least.. most likely Rochester NY (NTID is there) or in Washington DC/Maryland as that's close to Gallaudet. A lot of other cities have pretty big deaf communities as well like Seattle, Atlanta and I'm hearing Houston or Austin as well lately.

As for in the world...no idea lol.
Thanks. NAD states they serve 48 million Deaf and HOH US Citizens. I wonder if there is a source that would provide the numbers and most densely populated areas. I have heard about Maryland and Seattle. Also Rochester but which one? I never knew about Texas.

not all HOH. mostly deaf.

Fremont
Bay Area
Austin
Frederick
NYC
Seattle
Chicago

dunno about Atlanta.

Thanks. NAD states they serve 48 million Deaf and HOH US Citizens. I wonder if there is a source that would provide the numbers and most densely populated areas. I have heard about Maryland and Seattle. Also Rochester but which one? I never knew about Texas.

not all HOH. mostly deaf.

Fremont
Bay Area
Austin
Frederick
NYC
Seattle
Chicago

dunno about Atlanta.
I am surprised about Chicago. I live in the area and always have a hard time finding deaf socials or events. Especially for young adults.

Ooops sorry- Rochester NY- Rochester Institute of Technology-->National Technical Institute for the Deaf (NTID) is there.

Back