Deaf Data plan for t-mobile

I don't know about now but yes they did have a "Deaf" plan of data only years ago- I had it for about 5 or 6 years with my SideKick 3. I could have stayed with it but decided to add voice and get the "internet package" and a new phone as the SK3 was starting to crap out anyway. When I first got the SK3 I distinctly remember it was a plan marketed to the deaf with T-Mobile however I cannot remember if it was offered by some other group or through T-Mobile. I don't think I even have that paperwork anymore.

Have been with TMobile off and on since at least 2000... Still debating on switching (as eventually I will need a new phone...); Never had a problem with them service wise for the most part except the time there was a huge outage for at least a week.

You are correct. I was a SK3 user too with their plan. I was with them for more than 5 years. I hated TMobile largely due to their outages. Hope you called them to get reimbursed for that month. I got a free month whenever they had outages.

I enquired with t/mob they did not have a clue..i hate t/mob as soon as contact finished so am i

I used to have Sidekick I, III and LX with Tmobile for $30 unlimited plan. The coverage wasn't great when I travel. Once they stopped supporting Sidekicks, I looked elsewhere for the new phone and since switched to Verizon. I've had much better coverage with them than T-mobile. I had no problems with T-mobile but the coverage was the issue which is why I switched.

From my knowledge, Tmobile was NEVER have deaf plan at all. As your quote (in bold) statement is not true. And your source was rumor, unless, you provide the confirm BY TMOBILE, not third-party or rumor or unofficial weblog.

Let you keep talking. I dare you to go to Tmobile store and ask. They will show it to you.

but it doesn't work in small towns rural area.

Hey there, you should get goPhone for ATT. You can get 250 text for 25.00, and 50 MB for 5.00. So that's basically $30.00 per month.

I have Samsung S3 and I had to get a service to unlock my carrier code so I can use other carrier service. Usually it cost like 30 dollars or so. Then buy goPhone SIM card (it should include a basic plan like I outlined above).

Getting sick of paying $80-100.00 per month? Look no further: goPhone is your answer.

T-Mobile changed plans for deaf and hard of hearing customers.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Lb0hmH03bo]T Mobile changed plans for deaf and hard of hearing customers - YouTube[/ame]

Hey there, you should get goPhone for ATT. You can get 250 text for 25.00, and 50 MB for 5.00. So that's basically $30.00 per month.

I have Samsung S3 and I had to get a service to unlock my carrier code so I can use other carrier service. Usually it cost like 30 dollars or so. Then buy goPhone SIM card (it should include a basic plan like I outlined above).

Getting sick of paying $80-100.00 per month? Look no further: goPhone is your answer.

No thanks, I already have Verizon and $55 per month for 2 GB data and unlimited data.

At&t isn't good for rural area - I was at&t customer from 2010 to 2012.

No thanks, I already have Verizon and $55 per month for 2 GB data and unlimited data.

At&t isn't good for rural area - I was at&t customer from 2010 to 2012.

Tmobile 2G coverage was in Glennville, GA that isn't good data speed but I have Verizon MiFi router for 4G LTE coverage in Glennville, GA and My T-mobile Galaxy S4 connected to my Verizon MiFi and T-Mobile text message going through UMA (as know WiFi calling through T-Mobile Server over the internet) and my Galaxy S4 going to the internet via MiFi while in the road and visit my girlfriend's town. I paid for Verizon for 4G LTE prepaid data service to back up where T-Mobile 4G LTE & HSPA+ isn't available.

but I use T-Mobile 4G LTE & 4G HSPA service in Palm Beach County, Florida.

My girlfriend has AT&T iPhone 4 and AT&T coverage isn't good in rural Georgia area but Verizon 4G LTE is excellent service she did shared my verizon mifi router 4G LTE :) one things AT&T coverage 3G in Glennville, GA only spotted strong cellular reception.

Last edited:
I had thought I was grandfathered into Verizon's deaf plan. Unlimited. But when I upgraded my phone, I still got the same price, but it's no longer unlimited. It's ok by me, I get 2 gb now and I was only using 14% of that prior, so I'm in no danger of exceeding my gb usage.

tmobile family plan is fine with me. Tmobile was supposed to merge with ATT but FTC or DOJ said no.

debating whether to stay with TMobile or move on to somewhere else (I also need a new phone- I saw the Galaxy 5 and Galaxy Note today-- fell in love lol) but that will have to wait anyway...

Back