Deaf Community in Knoxville, TN?

RCSwan

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if there is a Deaf Community in Knoxville, TN? I've been around now for 4 months. There is a deaf center, but they don't post much activaties. This area is awfully quiet than WA state. Boy, makes you think if you really want to live here or not.

i don't know anything about knoxville except that when it comes to ANYTHING, the north and the west almost always have more of it than the south does. except for pine trees. we have lots of those. i have lived all over the southeast and never met a deaf person until a few months ago.

Event

Hi I would like to introduce myself to you my name is Sarita and I am an interpreter at Overcoming Beleivers Chruch in Knoxville TN. Our service starts on Sunday morning at 12:30pm and we have Tuesday Night service at 6:30pm. The address to the church is 2500 E. 5th street Knoxville, TN. We would be really be honored to have you come and worship with us on Sunday. Hope to see you there. If you like me and the other interpreters from church would love to meet you and we know our way around Knoxville for the most part if need help getting settled in. Let us know if we can help in any way I know what its like to move to a new city and trying to meet new people and get settled in.

God Bless you
Sarita

i don't know anything about knoxville except that when it comes to ANYTHING, the north and the west almost always have more of it than the south does. except for pine trees. we have lots of those. i have lived all over the southeast and never met a deaf person until a few months ago.

Knoxville has the school for the deaf, and the University of Tn.

Hello,

Welcome to Knoxville TN, I'm sorry you were not able to locate deaf events in Knoxville TN. We do have many many gatherings all over Knoxville however since it's summer time, several are on pending till August/September.

I am on board for Knoxville Center of the Deaf. KCD has different organizations that gets together different times of month.

THD - Tennessee HillyBilly Deaf gets together first Saturday of month however it varies from one place to other.

KCTAD - Knoxville Chapter Tennessee Assn for the Deaf - meets 3rd Saturday of each month and is now closed till September.

Women of Word - meets 2nd Saturday of month from 9 am to 11 am. July will not be held at KCD but will be there on August 13th.

Deaf Christian Men - meets 2nd Saturday of Month at various places

TDC - Tennessee Deaf Campers - I am not sure but I believe they meets every 2nd Saturday of month

There also is Deaf poker group that meets at different places all over Knoxville as well as different Churches that serves Deaf community - First Baptist Church on Main St, Faith Promise over at Pellissippi Highway (they meet on Saturday evening at 7 pm), Dotson Baptist at Maryville, Buffat Heights in East Knoxville, Temple Baptist Church in Powell among many areas.

Hope I get to meet you somewhere soon!

I know this thread is a little old, but I figured I would reply in case someone else found it. Overcoming Believers Church in Knoxville TN is great and I don't want to take anything away from them, but if you live further west toward Lenoir City or beyond, you may want to try First Baptist Concord on Kingston Pike in Farragut. They have a deaf group and interpretation in the front right of the church at 10:45 AM on Sunday.

There is not much deaf events in Knoxville, so deaf people have NO choice but going to church to socialize makes me sad.

Back