Deaf child

I.d

Hello. I am the mother of 2 year old deaf child. He has a cohlear implant in only one side . we live in a foreign country before his birth. I dont know what to do. We should learn sign language but we dont know yet so good the spoken language and at home w.e speak differnt language .i would like that he would know my maternal language but then we stay here and if we remain here he should know the language from here
I am afraid of not doing whats best for him..

Old Analog

Children are great at learning multiple llangues, but without sound his first language should be sign, he will pick up your mother toung as well he should, English will be hard but with different references it will make more sense and be easier,be blessed and enjoy the adventure

Old Analog

What part of country you in? NE, Florida, Texas, Decodas, West coast all have great schools, what is your mother toung? ASL is based on French structure, tell us more :hug: :welcome:

I.d

Well .i dont live in U.S. i live in GErmany and my mother language is romanian .but with therapist and doctors i speak english and they dont like this .they keep telling me to learn german ..but its so difficult this language.

Old Analog

Yes it's said easy to pick up hard to learn, because it is based on Laton, Greek,French,Gaelic,German(bouth Saxon and anglo), and Danish, and some others, German sign language I know not, I have a friend who knows Hungarian sign:type:the journey is long setting mile stones make it easier, friend of mine facing months long recovery said I can't do this for months, Dr. told him you don't have to you only have to do it for 24 hours today