Deaf/ASL Friendly Tour of Europe (5 countries) Confirmed!

DeafScribbler7

Reaction score
Interested in joining a Deaf/ASL friendly tour of Europe? Will visit 7 cities in 5 countries - London, Paris, Munich and castles, Salzburg, Venice, Florence, and Rome.

Trip date: July 14-Aug 6.

Do keep in mind that it is per person, double occupancy - so get a travel buddy to go! Few spaces remaining.

More info here: http://thecreativepensieve.blogspot.com/2015/10/grand-european-tour-for-deaf-asl.html

It's finally happening!

almost a month?! who would be able to take that much time off?

I know retired folks would do better but not really possible for those who are working (or are looking for work...) or have a very limited income.

Otherwise I'd actually consider going- Really would like to go back to London and Italy (have been to both).

almost a month?! who would be able to take that much time off?

I know retired folks would do better but not really possible for those who are working (or are looking for work...) or have a very limited income.

Otherwise I'd actually consider going- Really would like to go back to London and Italy (have been to both).

Technically it's 21.5 days of touring and 2 days of flight....

The participants are a mixture of retirees and college students (and recent graduates) and educators and everyone in between so that statement is a bit off.

The reason it is so long is because I am losing vision and wanted to get the most of a single trip (saves money and time compared to several trips going back and forth - who knows if I would have enough vision for all?) hence the longer, single trip covering more ground.

We opened it up to the public as I know there are FEW if ANY "grand" tours of Europe for Deaf/ASL as the ones currently offered are usually one city or one MAYBE two countries.

Hope that rationale helps explain why :)

makes sense to me and I do understand about the vision part- that's sort of in my future as well (likely...who knows...not that I wanna know).

I still say in general it would be a bit of a pain to take that much time off if I were working (most I've ever had was maybe 10 days vacation but then many of my contract jobs never lasted more than 18 months if that) but I know that many people do have 3-4 weeks vacation time. I even know of one guy who can take a year sabbatical from his job if he wants to (after a certain number of years at the company).

If I could I'd do it but right now still paying down my debts so not this trip :( .

Hi again -

We need more travelers to join otherwise it might not happen! Please do consider checking it out - or better, join!

Back