Deaf Ancestors from "Tetrapod Age'

To say that they were "deaf" is a bit of a stretch. If they did not have the biological machinery in place to even pick up sound, then they weren't exactly deaf, which implies that that the species has the capacity to hear but for whatever reason, the individual organism cannot hear.

Still, it's a cool article . . . DEAF POWER! :)

To say that they were "deaf" is a bit of a stretch. If they did not have the biological machinery in place to even pick up sound, then they weren't exactly deaf, which implies that that the species has the capacity to hear but for whatever reason, the individual organism cannot hear.

I agree. It made me think about the earliest communication. I think it was more signing than speaking with sounds.
Yep, Deaf Power! :lol:

It kind of make sense though because if 'deaf' begin at stage between sea and land stage of evolution then mean 'sea' base communication on feeling and visual while still in water, which makes sense. Many sea-baring (sp?) mammals use sonic for communication.

So, what the article mean for me, is that *EVERYONE* start out Deaf and hearies descend from us! :laugh2:

I agree. It made me think about the earliest communication. I think it was more signing than speaking with sounds.
Yep, Deaf Power! :lol:

Agree. Read a lot about history and earliest 'human' seem use grunting and sign for communication. Or visual paintings to communicate stories. Not words. :hmm:

It kind of make sense though because if 'deaf' begin at stage between sea and land stage of evolution then mean 'sea' base communication on feeling and visual while still in water, which makes sense. Many sea-baring (sp?) mammals use sonic for communication.

So, what the article mean for me, is that *EVERYONE* start out Deaf and hearies descend from us! :laugh2:

Damn those nude animals infesting our oceans.

Back