deaf accent!

sirena rossa

Reaction score
have u ever been asked "Oh u have an accent, where are u from??" - I get this constantly! :giggle:
the most popular guess i get is that I am British, the 2nd most popular is German, lol. which is funny because i am not, not at all. I was born here in the US. my background is European, but not UK, or German.
so what's the oddest guess/comment u have gotten regarding ur deaf accent?

"deaf accents"

haha, i love that you posted this.
im not deaf, but i find the "deaf accent"
to be normal everyday thing for me to hear now,
and do consider it a true "accent" lol

people look at me wierd when i say that sometimes. hmm.

this might be strange to say...
but i think the accent so cute and kinda sexy -
especially coming from a deaf boy <3 hahaha.

<3aliesha

<3aliesha

you would say that:giggle:

"Where are you from?"
"I'm from Miami."
"No where were you born?"
"I was born in Miami. Are you referring to my accent?"
"Yes."
"I am deaf."
"Come on. Where are you really from?"

From a waitress:
"Oh honey. A tea with a little bit of lemon and honey will clear that up."
"Um... No no Im not sick. Im deaf"
"Hahahahaha!! Youre so funny!!!!"
"...........Im serious."
".............OH my god.. OH MY GOD.. IM.. IM SO SORRY!" *runs away*

Oh, come off it. Pfft, the deaf accent from a deaf boy is not cute. We have funny voice and talk really loud and high. We can not hear our voice, except of course with hearing aid, it is all noise. I did not realize what my voice sound like. When my niece was taking a home movie of me talking to someone, it shock me to know that my voice was really funny and I talked loud. That is Deaf accent. My mother, years ago when I was young, told me that my voice is kind of like mono sound almost like a flatline with no bounce up and down sound. So it is not cute when we, Deafies and HOH, talk like that. :ugh: :roll:

Oh, come off it. Pfft, the deaf accent from a deaf boy is not cute. We have funny voice and talk really loud and high. We can not hear our voice, except of course with hearing aid, it is all noise. I did not realize what my voice sound like. When my niece was taking a home movie of me talking to someone, it shock me to know that my voice was really funny and I talked loud. That is Deaf accent. My mother, years ago when I was young, told me that my voice is kind of like mono sound almost like a flatline with no bounce up and down sound. So it is not cute when we, Deafies and HOH, talk like that. :ugh: :roll:

Different people are into different things.. and pop..is referring to her boyfriends accent..she loves it.. people can like things you dont think are cute.. :P

<3aliesha

LOL, i find that so funny that u think the deaf accent is kinda sexy! at least there are people out there that find it hot and not weird, hahaha.
well, im glad u enjoyed my post :)
this reminds me of an episode of My Name Is Earl, actually i didnt see the episode, but a friend told me about it . Apparently Marlee Matlin has guest starred on it a few times. and in one episode, Earl and Marlee's character (a lawyer) slept together, and Earl is like "yeah, there's just something about her deaf accent that turns me on..."
:laugh2:

:gpost:

LOL, i find that so funny that u think the deaf accent is kinda sexy! at least there are people out there that find it hot and not weird, hahaha.
well, im glad u enjoyed my post :)
this reminds me of an episode of My Name Is Earl, actually i didnt see the episode, but a friend told me about it . Apparently Marlee Matlin has guest starred on it a few times. and in one episode, Earl and Marlee's character (a lawyer) slept together, and Earl is like "yeah, there's just something about her deaf accent that turns me on..."
:laugh2:
hahahaha aliesha feels the same way!!hahaha:giggle:

I've been told I have a nice voice, and there were times that I have a singer's voice... I was like WTF!

A couple of hearing friends said that when I use my voice, my deaf accent is not quite obvious, but it's obvious when I shout or scream.

I strongly agree with Bebonang. I don't talk in public if I can help it!

I strongly agree with Bebonang. I don't talk in public if I can help it!

i understand that i totally do.. but if you like it.. im sure some hearing people find it super hott ;) just like some people like italian accents british accents etc.. the "deaf" accent is just as common ;)

i understand that i totally do.. but if you like it.. im sure some hearing people find it super hott ;) just like some people like italian accents british accents etc.. the "deaf" accent is just as common ;)

Violet my family totally loves me and think I am funny and charming. I am personality plus! But for strangers, I am self conscious and don't like any funny looks, and I am sad if they don't understand me.

Violet my family totally loves me and think I am funny and charming. I am personality plus! But for strangers, I am self conscious and don't like any funny looks, and I am sad if they don't understand me.

i understand :) i really really do :)

I feel the same as you do Botti 100%.

Back