deaf accent!

I don't care about my voice - how it sounds and stuff. It's a part of me :)

Oh, come off it. Pfft, the deaf accent from a deaf boy is not cute. We have funny voice and talk really loud and high. We can not hear our voice, except of course with hearing aid, it is all noise. I did not realize what my voice sound like. When my niece was taking a home movie of me talking to someone, it shock me to know that my voice was really funny and I talked loud. That is Deaf accent. My mother, years ago when I was young, told me that my voice is kind of like mono sound almost like a flatline with no bounce up and down sound. So it is not cute when we, Deafies and HOH, talk like that. :ugh: :roll:

i disagree...im sorry, lol.
its just how i feel about it <3333

LOL, i find that so funny that u think the deaf accent is kinda sexy! at least there are people out there that find it hot and not weird, hahaha.
well, im glad u enjoyed my post :)
this reminds me of an episode of My Name Is Earl, actually i didnt see the episode, but a friend told me about it . Apparently Marlee Matlin has guest starred on it a few times. and in one episode, Earl and Marlee's character (a lawyer) slept together, and Earl is like "yeah, there's just something about her deaf accent that turns me on..."
:laugh2:

lol, thats funny.
im gonna have to watch that episode.... :hmm:

Some of my friends LOVE how I pronounce certain things. Like pumpkin or hot dog. They think its "the cutest thing ever". I find that hilarious.

:aw: I have a deaf accent, but sometimes it is clearly understandable.

[yt]Kj_MceyjS6g&feature=related[/yt]

He speaks accent but he has dam good voice.

I've had people ask me if I'm from the UK.
Most of the kids in high school thought I was MR, or something :( But on the upside that does weed out a lot of dumbasses.

I've had people ask me if I'm from the UK.
Most of the kids in high school thought I was MR, or something :( But on the upside that does weed out a lot of dumbasses.

hahaha, yeah ive had experiences of ppl thinking im deaf n dumb in HS, oh well. isnt that what HS is anyways? a lot of kids teasing kids, haha. but yeah ur right, it DOES weed out the idiots :) and i always knew who my true friends were!

Yep, I get asked those questions. It happened when I was a Cashier more often. It sucked. I don't think it's a polite question if you do not know the person. If you get to be their friends or get to know them, then it's okay to ask. It's just personal when someone out of the blue ask you, "where are you from?" like they got a right to know.

One woman said I had a pretty accent. LOL Never been told that before in my life.

Do you think that other people with accents love to be asked where they're from often?

They think I am from somewhere in Europe :laugh2:. Maybe I should say, "yes" for the fun of it.

Do you notice that there are days you struggle a bit to talk and say things? I believe this happens to hearing people.

I get that too, but they nailed my accent to Alabama. Probably cause my family is from Alabama and I do speak like them. But when I am in Alabama they say I got a Texas Accent. So I just say I got a combo accent! LOL

I get that question all the time too!

It's funny, most assume that I am from the South.

The ones that get it right are the speech therapists due to regional dialects.

Of course you don't you are not deaf. :roll:

Good point, Pepsi!

I used to especially hate it when my son would use voice with hearing kids on the playground, and some kid's mother would ask if he was "retarded". And I don't think they meant "cute".

Back