De-worming for cats

ilovecats22

Reaction score
Hi to u all!
I really love pets and I’ve being interested in animal all my life !
I have 2 dogs : T-bone & Rex and a cat for the last 2 years who’s name is Robert. lately Robert has been having worms, (is it possible that he got it from the neighbor’s dog or other dogs and cats???)
I want to the vet and he gave me some de-worming pills for him. I tried to crumble the tablet into his food but he notice it right away.
I tried wrapping it with some sausage but he refuse to swallow it .
I even tried using force but Robert kept scratching and twirling!!!
what can I do ??
Elizabeth

Umm not sure..wet canned food?

Hi to u all!
I have 2 dogs : T-bone & Rex and a cat for the last 2 years who’s name is Robert. lately Robert has been having worms, (is it possible that he got it from the neighbor’s dog or other dogs and cats???)
I want to the vet and he gave me some de-worming pills for him. I tried to crumble the tablet into his food but he notice it right away.
what can I do ??
Elizabeth

Do not let dog or cat see you crumble the pill...

Just crumble the pill finely and mixed with pet foods (make sure the crumble pill hide in the foods)... then they will not notice it...

I chopped the one piece of whole garlic finely once a week to mix with cat foods to rid of fleas, ticks, etc. from their fur... I won't let cats to see me to do with garlic...

Put your dog other room while you prepare with pill and then hide crumble pills... good luck... If not, then check with the vet again.

Hi Elizabeth

Hi to u all!
what can I do ??
Elizabeth

you can open your cat’s mouth an try putting it on his tongue and make
him swallow it or you can try some websites than sales all kings of medicines of cats and dogs but one seems very sufficient ‘cause it’s wrapped in dry food and in different flavors
you should try it …
Tasties Worm-Out

When I had a dog and it got worms I just cut a chunk of steak off and made a pocket. Stuffed it with garlic cloves. Fed the dog 2 chunks with 1 clove in each chunk. The dog usually downed it, when it didnt I had to pin the dog between my legs making it sit down and held it's head up looking at me, had my finger behind it's gums lightly poking at it's jaw so it would open it's mouth, dropped the meat down the chomper-chute and massauged his throat, he swallowed it in no time and fixed him right up.

It was a Black Lab. I wouldn't know how to do cats though and the whole garlic vs pill is just something I believe. I personally choose natural remedies over modern and they always worked for me :S...

I remmy one of my deceased cat that wont swollow the pills. So what did I do. Well have someone hold the cat's paw and you open the cat's mouth then put the pill in it then close the jaw and hold the jaw close til it is swollow.

De-wormed

Hi to u all!
what can I do ??
Elizabeth

Have you tried with Liquid De-wormer for dogs and cats? and maybe you can ask vet to switch from tablets to liquid kind.... Just a thought! :D

Mikel

Back