Day off work = sledding with Lilly

Lillys dad

Reaction score
We are gettign hit with a nasty winter storm. We have been getting hit with freezing rain and sleet for the last 13 hours, and still going. It is supposed to change to snow after midnite. We are supposed to get 5-9 inches of snow overnight. Lillys school and daycare is closed. So I have to stay home from work tomorrow. At least I got the necessary supplies yeaterday. What supplies are that you might ask?

A snow sled so Lilly and i can play aaaaaaaalllllll day!

Enjoy the day and stay warm...got plenty of 'hot chocolate' handy? By the way, let us know how much of the white stuff you received when it stops snowing. ;)

~RR

yeah its been raining here all day steady.. but just now changed to snow and its really snowing hard and very windy! i was paranoid about my car being under tree and icy? never know it could break and fall on my car? I think not so i moved the car to a neutral place where there is no trees around so my baby is SAFE! :) hehehe!

I will take pictures of the beautiful sights tomorrow! I am SO looking forward to do that! :D

I bet she is going to have so mush fun I used to love sleding!! you should post some pics.

Im going to have to wait for the sledding. There are serious problems with ice and wind. Trees falling and power lines falling. There are several hundred thousand people without electricity. They say to stay inside to avoid falling tree lines. I looked out my front window and saw that one of my trees had broken inhalf and is laying across my front yard. Oh well, it'll make good firewood next winter.

You wanted to know amounts of snow...... Well, a couple inches of ice with about 4 inches of snow on top of it. There are still "severral waves of snow to move through the area. They arre anticipating another couple inches of snow.

It took me 45 minutes to clean the windows of my truck. ALOT of ice. Thats the downside of my wife getting a new car. Now my truck is out in the snow. Oh well, either way, I had to clean a car, at least her new car stays nice.

We were only out for a little while, but Lilly absolutely lolved it. This was her first time sledding. We only went down a few times and headed home. We are going to go again after lunch. I dont want to keep her outside too long. It is cold and we are getting some good wind gusts.

Same weather due to hit here in a few hours. Winds have already picked up. Hope the ice doesn't cause you too many problems, but have fun playing with Lilly. P.J. (my son) loved playing in the snow so much I would have to drag him inside when he was soaking wet and turning blue!

Have fun sledding with Lilly. I remember when we got a lot of snow in Richmond, I spent a lot of time sledding with my brother. Even got good at sledding while standing up.

On the other hand, I REALLY hate ice storms. My sister told me during the last major ice storm, her house had no power for a whole week!

Back